DPS improvement thread

goatmaster

Reaction score
Inspired by the Fell Foliage thread in the main section, I hope to improve my dps as mine is terrible (barely over 100k as a group :eek: ) On the bright side, this just means there is ample room to improve.

The group I use most right now is SK, cleric, beastlord, mage. Mq2bot settings are basically out-of-the-box (except for a few simple tweaks). I hope to set a foundation (ie, spellsets and melee inis) and build up from there as I learn more about and implement shits, etc.

SK (actively played)
Terror
Xalgoz's Bite (due to BL mana problems)
Bond
Touch of T
Dicho
Dire
Touch of H
Insidious
Refute
Torrent
Defiant
Harmonious

Spoiler:
[MQ2Melee]
aggro=1
ancestral=20
bash=1
begging=0
cblade=15
chaos=1
disarm=1
enrage=1
enragingkick=25
facing=1
feigndeath=30
gblade=15
groupcheck=1
hidedelay=1000
infuriate=1
leechtouch=20
lifetap=60
melee=1
override=1
petassist=1
petassistat=95
petenrage=1
pethold=1
pethot=20
petinfuriate=1
petmend=20
petrange=75
petswarm=1
plugin=1
provoke0=55689
provokeend=20
provokemax=1000
respite=10
resume=20
stickbreak=1
stickrange=70
taunt=1
withstand=10

I am not too worried about SK dmg but it all adds up.

Cleric

Obviously mostly concerned with healing. I have not tested relying on contraventions/interventions.

Remedy
Remedy
Intervention
Undying
Intervention
Remedy
Group HoT
Unyielding Judgement
Contra
Contra
Hand of Merc
(varies)
(varies)
(varies)

BL - massive mana problems and terrible dps. I only load a few dmg spells as I keep going oom.
Dicho
Roar at the Moon
Maelstrom
Frozen Toxin
Kreig's Bite
Feralgia
(pet buffs/heals)

Spoiler:

[MQ2Melee]
ancestral=20
begging=0
bvivi=10
compsac=15
cstrike=1
dragonpunch=1
enrage=1
enragingkick=25
facing=1
fcclaws=10
fclaws=10
feigndeath=15
fundament2=1
gift=25
groupcheck=1
hide=1
hidedelay=1000
infuriate=1
jolt=50
kick=1
melee=1
modrod=50
override=1
petassist=1
petassistat=98
petenrage=1
pethold=1
pethot=20
petinfuriate=1
petmend=20
petrange=75
petswarm=1
plugin=1
protect=20
rake=15
rending=15
respite=15
resume=20
roaring=1
roundkick=1
stickbreak=1
stickrange=70
tigerclaw=0

Uses two conflagrant rods as I have had no luck farming ores to make claws (among other things).

Mage
Relentless
Chaotic
Spear
Spear
Volley
(util/buffs)

I keep volley up as there is potential with SK and BL in group, but I assume I need a holy to coordinate the swarm pets and fire volley?

Sorry if this is overload--the parsing figures were a bit of a shock. Any advice on spellsets and "must-do" ini settings for these (or any other class for that matter) is appreciated. It was a difficult decision to go public with how bad I am. Be gentle.

I'm curious, what are the stats on your BL? I might be able to help out with him, but need a little more information. Also what does your MQ2Bot section look like?

Hey there! Thanks for the reply.
BL is in mostly EoK 1, some EoK 2, one RoS 1, and a few conflags for gear. Conflag rods for weaps until I can farm more ore.
Key stats:
HP: 146466
M: 111451
Attk: 3101
Haste: 204

Accuracy: 150/300
Combat effects: 100/125
Strike thru: 35/45

AA: 15.2k

If I missed an important one, let me know. My main way back when raiding was shaman...I know only the basics of the other classes :/

For the MQ2bot section, I have been basically playing the plugin as is. I may have changed petassist and mercassist to 98 or so to avoid trains. Trying to learn enough about the abilities to write If statements that work well.

Spoiler:
Debugging=0
BotVersion=20180517.0342
BotCommandsOn=
BotCommandsOff=
AlwaysCheckAdds=0
RestrictedZones=,344,202,151,345,
BuffPassword=NULL
AuthorizedUsers=|guild|group|netbots|
CycleDelay=3
DefaultGem=13
AnnounceEcho=1
AnnounceEQBC=0
AnnounceAdds=1
AutoInvisDistance=0
AssistAt=98
AssistRange=100
UseManualAssist=0
AssistName=
MercAssistAt=98
MercAssistRange=0
MeleeAt=99
MeleeDistance=40
PetAttackAt=98
PetAttackRange=60
RepositionIfSummoned=0
MedStartAt=80
MedStopAt=90
MedToFull=0
MedDuringCombat=0
EndMedStartAt=0
EndMedStopAt=0
EndMedToFull=0
MinManaToNuke=0
NukeToTAt=80
ManaToSummon=100
SummonModRods=1
UseModRods=1
AACutoffTime=10
AAStopAt=25
AggroAt=70
AutofireAt=0
AutofireDistance=100
DebuffAdds=1
DebuffAt=100
DebuffStopAt=10
DebuffAEAmount=3
DotAt=99
DotStopAt=10
FaceAngle=360
FadeAt=20
GrabAdds=0
GrabPrimary=0
InterruptToHealAt=0
HealAt=69
HealToTAt=69
HealSelfAt=69
HealDelayedAt=69
HealDurationAt=69
HealGroupAt=69
HealPetAt=80
ImHitAt=50
JoltAt=70
KnockbackAdds=0
KnockbackPrimary=0
LifetapAt=80
LootInCombat=0
LootRadius=0
ManaAt=50
NukeAt=99
RezRadius=100
RootAdds=15
RootPrimary=0
SnareAt=10
SwarmAt=99
UseAutoFire=0
UseAENukes=1
UseAura=1
UseClickyBuffs=1
UseClickyNukes=1
DebuffsSpellFirst=0
UseDiscsOffensive=0
UseDiscsDefensive=0
UseFightBuffs=1
UseMainTankBuffs=1
UseManaInCombat=1
UseManaOnOthers=1
UseMez=1
UsePet=1
PetReagentCheck=1
PetIllusionItem=NULL
CustomPetSpell=NULL
UsePetBuffs=1
StandOnPetAttack=0
UseSelfBuffs=1
AutoFollowLeader=0
AutoFollowSettings=30 healer
UseNetBots=0
NetBotsName=NULL
DoDebug=0
PullingDistance=0
MQ2NavDistance=10
PullSkillName=
AnnounceBehaviorChange=0
AttackCommand=/killthis
HasteClasses=|WAR|MNK|ROG|BER|CLR|DRU|SHM|RNG|BST|PAL|SHD|BRD|ENC|MAG|NEC|WIZ|
FocusClasses=|WAR|MNK|ROG|BER|CLR|DRU|SHM|RNG|BST|PAL|SHD|BRD|ENC|MAG|NEC|WIZ|
SVClasses=|WAR|MNK|ROG|BER|CLR|DRU|SHM|RNG|BST|PAL|SHD|BRD|ENC|MAG|NEC|WIZ|
SEClasses=|WAR|MNK|ROG|BER|CLR|DRU|SHM|RNG|BST|PAL|SHD|BRD|ENC|MAG|NEC|WIZ|
FeroClasses=|WAR|MNK|ROG|BER|RNG|BST|PAL|SHD|BRD|
SafetyInvisOnWarp=0
SafetyCommandOnTell=
SafetyCommandOnGM=
SafetyCommandOnMyWarp=
SafetyCommandOnOthersWarp=
SafetyCommandOnTooFarFromCamp=
DoPetSwarm=1
DoPulls=0

I've reposted what a friend send me. I could never get his kind of dps out a bst. GL.

Spoiler:

MAIN BURN
1. Glyph of cataclysm /alt activate 7019
2. Bestial Bloodrage /alt act 443
3. Bestial Alignment /alt act 245
4. Bloodlust /alt act 241
5. Ruaabri's Fury (RAID) /disc Ruaabri's Fury Rk. III if solo use Spirit Frenzy here
6. Third Spire (RAID) /alt act 1432 if solo use First spire here
7. Frenzied Swipes /alt act 1240
8. Chest Click
9. Attack of the Warder's /alt act 981

SECOND BURN
1. Savage Rancor /disc Savage Rancor RK. III
2. Spirit Frenzy /alt act 127 (if solo you use Ruaabri Fury here)
3. Al'ele's Vindication /disc Al'ele's Vindication RK. III

THIRD BURN
1. Ferociousness /alt act 966
2. You can fit Group Bestial Alignment /alt act 985 in where ever u feel will benefit the group the most.
3. What ever is off cooldown to keep it rolling

SKill MASH Keybind
i find having a skill mash key helps to maximize dps to fire off the skills as soon as they come off cooldown. Make a macro with these skills in it.

1. Mual /disc Mual RK. III (Procs our Primalist's Synergy)
2. Focused Clamor of Claws /disc Focused Clamor of Claws RK. III
3. Feral Swipe /alt act 247
4. Bite of the Asp /alt activate 986
5. Chameleon Strike /alt act 11080 (agro drop)

(NUKES)Spell Mash Key
To do dps as a beastlord you need to Follow the ABC's aka Always be Casting set these nukes to same key so it fires what ever one is off cooldown.

1. Visoracius Maelstrom
2. Frozen miasma
3. Kreig's Bite
4. Kromtus Lance
5. Kromrif Lance

Dot's to Weave in when can
1. Glistenwing Blood
2. Kirchen's Chill
3. Hemocoraxius' Endemic

Alliance Proc

Our Alliance requires 4 ticks of damage from anther Beastlord to Proc the effect. The Least needed is 2 Dots on the mob from anther beastlord when you cast alliance to proc the effect after 2 ticks of Dot damage. Each Alliance Proc does 2 million + Damage but is not Listed or Shown on Gamparse at this time. Sadly you wont get that feel good feeling on your Meters but just Know that your helping the Raid win. So if we have 3 Beastlords on a Raid if Each beastlord Casts just 1 Dot and we have 3 Total dots up we Can rotate alliance casts to proc the effect if we have the debuff slots avail.

ADPS for Raids
Besides our Burn's Making sure we hit Ruaabri's fury/Third spire/Group beastial Alignment at the right times. The Next biggest help to our group is keeping up Dichotomic Fury every 60 seconds. During the Main burn you want to save your Dicho tell after Ruaabri's fury wears off then cast it as they don't stack. When that wears off hit Forceful rejuvenation so u can Dichotomic Fury agian to Maximize the benefit to the group during the Main burn. Then just keep it on cooldown your Zerkers will thank you. Also on Stacking Issue's Group Bestial Alignment Increase Hit Damage by 45% override's and does not stack with Group Guardian of the Forest Increase Hit Damage by 36%. So if Forest is running wait to hit your Group bestial Alignment. Likewise if a Ranger is reading this if Group bestial is running wait on Forest so your group gets the most it can. Here is a list of our ADPS skills

Dichotomic Fury 6: 1min
1: Increase Pet Chance to Flurry by 92%
2: Decrease Damage Shield Taken by 85
3: Increase Chance to Flurry by 38%
4: 25% Chance Per Combat Round to Rampage for 75% Damage
5: Increase Current Endurance by 1176
6: Decrease Weapon Delay (-338)
8: Increase Current Mana by 4012
9: Increase Current Hit Points by 11038

Third Spire of the Savage Lord IV: 7.5min
9: Increase Min Hit Damage by 60%
11: Increase Chance to Hit by 10%
12: Increase Attack by 100

Group Bestial Alignment IV: 12min
2: Also Cast Group Bestial Alignment Form
4: Increase Chance to Resist Spell by 30%
5: Increase Hit Damage by 45%

Ruaabri's Fury Rk. III: 20min
1: Increase Pet Chance to Flurry by 132%
2: Decrease Damage Shield Taken by 69
3: Increase Chance to Flurry by 50%
6: Decrease Weapon Delay (-338)

Consumable Item's
If you want to go HARD here is a few consumable items
1. Ancient Hedgewizard Brew (Provides bonus damage to spell casts Decrease Hitpoints by 6500)
2. Spider's Bite XVIII (Applies Spider's Bite Poison to the user's weapon. This poison will damage the target Decrease Hitpoints by 3781)
3. Burning Salad (Increases attack power and attack speed Increase ATK by 10 Increase Haste v3 by 25% Good if u don't have a bard)
3. Tonic of Resonant Frost XVII (When casting cold-based damage spells on your enemies, you have a chance to inflict up to 4125 additional ice damage)

edited

Posted in another thread

Last edited:
People are helping you with the Beast already. I'll touch on the mage. My mage when I quit boxing around October was getting stupidly high sustained DPS (from my view) in the 100K region against ROS mobs. He's got max AA and the EM25 Raid Earring. You'll do less, but not that much less. He was doing so good that I had to spank my FTP wizards and kick my so-so AA'd, undergeared zerker in the ass so they'd do better.

I recommend reviewing Magician RoS Guide this post at the EQ Freelance Forum. There's always a better way and arguments on how exactly to do it, but their class write ups are a great place to start educating yourself about a class.

The nice thing about a mage is you really just need to mash four spells in a row to get decent sustained DPS:

1. Reckless Servant
2. Volley of Many
3. Chaotic Inferno
4. Spear of Molten Arcronite

I like to pop most of my burns as they come up rather than wait, so my rotation was something like this,

Silent Casting| ${Target.Level}>=${Me.Level}+4

You can do this via "If" statements in MQ2Bot, e.g., only cast this spell if this is true. In this case, I only want to pop silent casting if the mob is level 114 or higher (generally, this means a named mob).

Host of the Elements|${Target.Level}>=${Me.Level}+4

This is another burn AA that I used against big mobs.

Elemental Union|!${Me.Buff[Heart of Flames].ID}

Basically, if Heart of Flames is up, don't cast Elemental Union.

Heart of Flames|!${Me.Buff[Elemental Union].ID}

If Elemental Union is up, don't cast Heart of Flames.

Arch Convoker's Conflagrant Robe
Focus of Arcanum
Servant of Ro
Fundament: First Spire of the Elements
Companion's Fury
Frenzied Burnout

Bunch of baby burns, AAs above that I mash as they come up.

Firebound Orb III|!${Me.SpellReady[${Spell[Spear of Molten Arcronite].RankName}]} && !${Me.SpellReady[${Spell[Reckless Servant].RankName}]}

I think I was trying to put the priority on Spears and Reckless Servants and only pop the Firebound Orb when they weren't up. Basically, this is one you want to cast in between spells.

Arcronite Malosinata|!${Target.Buff[Malosinata].ID}
Volley of Many| ${Spawn[${Target.ID}].NearestSpawn[9,pcpet radius 35].ID}||!${Me.Pet.Buff[Theft of Essence]}

This is a big time finesse to only cast Volley if their are 9 pets up around the mob or if my pet doesn't have the Pet Buff Theft of Essence, since Volley procs that buff (which is now working again).

Chaotic Inferno

Cast this if the other stuff isn't ready.

Force of Elements|!${Me.ItemReady[Firebound Orb III]} && !${Me.SpellReady[${Spell[Spear of Molten Arcronite].RankName}]} && !${Me.SpellReady[${Spell[Reckless Servant].RankName}]}

This is another mash AA and my way of prioritizing ready spells over this. Probably a better way to do this, but it seemed to be working when I was using it.

Reckless Servant

Good DPS!

Twincast|!${Me.Buff[Improved Twincast].ID} && !${Me.Buff[Twincast].ID}

Improved Twincast |!${Me.Buff[Improved Twincast].ID} && !${Me.Buff[Twincast].ID}

Spear of Molten Arcronite

Spear of Molten Shieldstone|!${Me.SpellReady[${Spell[Spear of Molten Arcronite].RankName}]} && !${Me.SpellReady[${Spell[Chaotic Inferno].RankName}]}

If I'm using MQ2Bot, I start using the if statements to control when the mage casts his spells. I would null all the spells (using an if statement so it doesn't cast a spell ever) and then introduce one spell at a time and make sure it's working. Your group should be able to do at least 200K DPS.

Last edited:
Reactions: Quatarian
beastlords blowing mana out his ass with dots not sure if it was ever fixed but mq2bot spammed beastlord dots when they refreshed try loading like 5 nukes for regular exping and keep dots for names

i do 2 dots max, they are to mana intensive for as short as mobs live
there are benefits to dotting that have nothing to do w dots (increased melee) using when using disc

id go sparingly on the nukes as well cause again mana intensive for the short duration of most fights

all in all bst imo seem to only benefit from using a good deal of their dots and nukes on named or raids