Disney closes down Lucasarts (Gaming)

What was the last game they released that was good?

All of the Lego's [Theme] games :( - the Batman and Star Wars ones were surprisingly entertaining. SWTOR for a lot of people still. The HD remake of Tales of Monkey Island.

I almost said Star Wars Kinect and then just started laughing.

Granted I don't know what they had in the pipe past that, but they had some solid stuff.

I wonder whats going to happen, if anything with SWTOR now.

They didn't develop those games, though, just published them.

They haven't made a good game in a long time. They jus tpay others to make games for them now.

Damnit Disney, this is why I don't like buyouts.

Read ye olde article here

I wish this was April fools, they're a damn good publishing company.

LA hasn't developed a game in years they just publish or license out the star wars ip to other companys to develop them.

Lego Star wars was developed by

Traveller's Tales, Griptonite Games, Aspyr Media, Giant Interactive Entertainment

SWTOR has a game expansion/update for pre-orders happening on the 9th. Girlfriend's son plays it. He is in a guild with not just a young crowd so it must be appealing to some. They fairly active most night when he gets to play.

Quote from the article:

"After evaluating our position in the games market, we've decided to shift LucasArts from an internal development to a licensing model, minimizing the company's risk while achieving a broader portfolio of quality Star Wars games. As a result of this change, we've had layoffs across the organization. "

To paraphrase: We think it will be more profitable to not actually make anything, but let other people pay us to make stuff for us. Oh, and were firing workers.

So star wars games wont stop coming out, they will just be made by people other than Lucas Arts like others posted.

SWTOR has a game expansion/update for pre-orders happening on the 9th. Girlfriend's son plays it. He is in a guild with not just a young crowd so it must be appealing to some. They fairly active most night when he gets to play.

I've had an active account since release. Mostly used to bot. Have about 100m credits saved give or take, lol.