Daybreak already busted the game!

SiegeTank

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Servers inaccessible. Same for EQ websites. There's one post on their Facebook page, 3 hours ago, saying they're aware of such problems and are, of course, "investigating."

One of the new owner/management guys musta stuck his finger in a hole where it don't belong!

Just as I was going to finish a big progression step for my boxed set!

Or one of the out going decided to say FU to them and pulled a plug.

Not for me yet. I get what looks to be an update for LAUNCHPAD, a bit of the intro screen and then an entirely black window which if I try to highlight any hidden text I can find:

Error Occured

in italic, with the classic EQ dev spelling error in the word Occurred...

Lovely

It's the Lizard Squad kids DDoSing again.

https://twitter.com/lizardphoenix

It's a shame these nerds were picked on so much as kids. If they had gotten laid a few times they might not have it out for the world. Maybe they should use their evil genius for something more productive like a more realistic cyber girlfriend . . . breaking a game for fellow nerds is only going to further alienate them.

The thing that sucks about all these crashes is its ruining Krono exploitation.

There's talk in Congress of seriously upping the penalties for this kind of cyber-warfare. Of course it smacks of closing the barn door after the horses have escaped. But maybe a few serious books thrown at hackers they do catch, huge fines and significant jail time, might deter the others.

There's talk in Congress of seriously upping the penalties for this kind of cyber-warfare. Of course it smacks of closing the barn door after the horses have escaped. But maybe a few serious books thrown at hackers they do catch, huge fines and significant jail time, might deter the others.

You want state run propaganda busting hackers, to detour hacking. That sounds like a win.

You want state run propaganda busting hackers, to detour hacking. That sounds like a win.

You sound like my brother lol. He tells me the Gov is recording all my conversations from my smart TV and sending it to the NSA and that the Gov is poisoning me with fluoride in the water. Which he says lowers your IQ. I told him if you want something to blame for you being a dumb ass look at the weed you smoke everyday.

Last edited:
HAHAHAHAHA...

This one actually gave me a good laugh.

Did I SAY that? Where do I talk about PROPAGANDA? This isn't about POLITICS. It's about protecting Internet users from jerks who interfere with their enjoyment of the Internet. It's the old saw that holds that everybody can do whatever they want as long as it doesn't hurt another person. Yeah, that's a very general statement of principle and I'm NOT interested in getting into a debate about the endless specific exceptions that can be raised against this principle. But it's reasonable to me that people who disrupt legitimate Internet activities for thousands of people need a bit harsher response than they've been getting so far.

Most of the government proposals lately have been specific to cyber-warfare, i.e. implementing attacks on foreign governments (China, North Korea, Iran, maybe even Israel in some cases) who are implicated in attacks against American government agencies, businesses and interests. But since it would be so easy for a hostile government to disguise their attacks under the guise of being some ghostly group of hackers, I think the proposals would have to allow for that.

But what this has to do with propaganda is only in your mind, JJ.

Did I SAY that? Where do I talk about PROPAGANDA? This isn't about POLITICS. It's about protecting Internet users from jerks who interfere with their enjoyment of the Internet. It's the old saw that holds that everybody can do whatever they want as long as it doesn't hurt another person. Yeah, that's a very general statement of principle and I'm NOT interested in getting into a debate about the endless specific exceptions that can be raised against this principle. But it's reasonable to me that people who disrupt legitimate Internet activities for thousands of people need a bit harsher response than they've been getting so far.

Most of the government proposals lately have been specific to cyber-warfare, i.e. implementing attacks on foreign governments (China, North Korea, Iran, maybe even Israel in some cases) who are implicated in attacks against American government agencies, businesses and interests. But since it would be so easy for a hostile government to disguise their attacks under the guise of being some ghostly group of hackers, I think the proposals would have to allow for that.

It becomes propaganda when it gets main stream. They bust some hackers, make a big deal about it. That is propaganda. That is exactly what you said needs to happen.

While I don't think the Government is stealing what our smart tvs record. I think the companies are selling it to 3rd parties and making a killing off of it. One of those 3rd parties I would not put past being the government.

It becomes propaganda when it gets main stream. They bust some hackers, make a big deal about it. That is propaganda. That is exactly what you said needs to happen.

While I don't think the Government is stealing what our smart tvs record. I think the companies are selling it to 3rd parties and making a killing off of it. One of those 3rd parties I would not put past being the government.

One of them did admit to sending what you say to a 3rd party to improve how the TV works. Samsung i think but they said you can turn it off on your remote.