Just Some Noob
Reaction score
Lets hear what you know about him. ;)

Attachments

• daosheen1.jpg
    daosheen1.jpg
    237.2 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
My guild has spent so much time in Theater of Blood and Razorthorn we have only attempted Dao 1 time with no luck of course.

If anyone knows some good info/strat to him Id be a happy camper.

HEHE, don't know if I want to give this one away yet is it really is a fun fight and what you have to do is easier then you think. You received a tome of some sort to get this expedition. In that book it tell you of various think like grass and water and fire etc..... Think of the pillars in assoication with that. After you get that it is simply a matter of execution.

hint for first part of fight

Code:
[U][B]Spell name                - Type/Effect    - Crystal to Cure - Trigger Text                                            [/B][/U]
Smothering Dismay         - Snare/Slow     - Blue Crystal    - You lose your will to fight.
Curse of the Firstborn    - Stat Reduction - Yellow Crystal  - A festering darkness saps your strength.
Presence of the Firstborn - Silence        - Red Crystal     - You are dumbstruck by the presence of the firstborn.
Plague of Mana            - 3k Dot         - Green Crystal   - Your blood is tainted with magical essence.

SturmLQ said:
HEHE, don't know if I want to give this one away yet

/sigh :confused:

Anyway, this much is known atm. To even be able to get this instanted raid you need to kill 3 dragons in Relic + Porthio the 2nd born and loot items off all 4. Hand in to the roaming Skyakin (sp) in Arcstone for the book.

The book gives the spoiler for cures in the event. When inside Dao's room you will see 4 color coated Pillar like objects around the room. Green - Blue - Red - Gold (Yellow). Dao does various AE's that have some Nasty effects to them and inorder to cure them you have to touch the certain colored orb.

Plague of Mana = Green
Smoldering Dismay = Blue
Curse of the First Born = Yellow
Presense of the First Born = Red

The part that wiped us in our only attempt was when the charm happend we didnt exactly know how to cure it even though the book shows something like this.

Green/Gold = Restore Them
Blue/Red = Free Them.

Im assuming we needed 2 people to hit Blue + Red orbs or Green/Gold at the same time and that would have cured the charm. Needless to say that didnt happen and it was a total wipe and we havent bothered going back yet.

Pepper said:
/sigh :confused:

Anyway, this much is known atm. To even be able to get this instanted raid you need to kill 3 dragons in Relic + Porthio the 2nd born and loot items off all 4. Hand in to the roaming Skyakin (sp) in Arcstone for the book.

The book gives the spoiler for cures in the event. When inside Dao's room you will see 4 color coated Pillar like objects around the room. Green - Blue - Red - Gold (Yellow). Dao does various AE's that have some Nasty effects to them and inorder to cure them you have to touch the certain colored orb.

Plague of Mana = Green
Smoldering Dismay = Blue
Curse of the First Born = Yellow
Presense of the First Born = Red

The part that wiped us in our only attempt was when the charm happend we didnt exactly know how to cure it even though the book shows something like this.

Blue/Red = Free Them.

Im assuming we needed 2 people to hit Blue + Red orbs or Green/Gold at the same time and that would have cured the charm. Needless to say that didnt happen and it was a total wipe and we havent bothered going back yet.

See you basically have the event. Think about doing Vule.... FD clickers.

You don't click at the same time but in a specific order. Filter Other and you will see how they react when clicked right and wrong.

Last part of the book talks about all 4 of them but same principle.

You have the event and know what to do just a matter of execution from the looks of it.

Blue/Red = Free Them

Without the exact text I can't tell you which was mez and which was charm because I am not a clicker but only takes a try or 2 and you will figure out which was which.

SturmLQ said:
Without the exact text I can't tell you which was mez and which was charm because I am not a clicker but only takes a try or 2 and you will figure out which was which.

Exact text taken from the book Crystals of the Firstborn

Code:
The Cowards color for your strength, water to speed your limbs, blood to free your voice, the color of life to cure.

Fire and Ice to free your friends, sun and gras to restore them.

Crimson, Gold, Indigo, and Forest

Pepper said:
Exact text taken from the book Crystals of the Firstborn

Code:
The Cowards color for your strength, water to speed your limbs, blood to free your voice, the color of life to cure.

Fire and Ice to free your friends, sun and gras to restore them.

Crimson, Gold, Indigo, and Forest

The Cowards color for your strength = Yellow
water to speed your limbs = Blue
blood to free your voice = Red
the color of life to cure = Green

Doom of the Firstborn = All 4 Stones (Red then Yellow then Blue then Green) Trigger - Your life begins to drain away Happens at 10% and 5%

This order IIRC is correct.... if not you need to do the other of the colors above. (Trial on this one I am not a clicker)

Starts at 75%

Fire and Ice to free your friends Red/Blue = Mez
sun and gras to restore them. Yellow/Green = Charm

Aura of Stone Red then Blue (MEZ) Trigger - Daosheen calls upon the elemental forces to contain his enemies

Runes of Alliance Yellow then Green (Charm) Trigger - Allegiances shift as Daosheen speaks a cryptic phrase

BTW the adds every 10% spawn at the crystals.... we have knights tank mez them till the ENC mez them.... then despawn after about 1 minute.

more adds each 10%. about 15 adds spawn at 10%. can be rooted/kited/mezzed he also seems to cast his ae's more frequently as he lowers in hp

Givin this a try tonight...Questions real fast-

At each 10% adds spawn - is it a set amount each time? if so how many adds?

How hard does Daosheen hit for and his adds? Thanks !!

Every 10% is a set number. 1,1,2,2,3,3,3,4,4 IIRC

Can't speak for how hard Daosheen hits as I deal with the adds though I never focus on how many there are just on getting aggro so that can be mezzed and not eat a new asshole into the ENC/BRD

His AE rampage is what you should be conserned about with Dao not exactly his actual hits on a tank.

Troll is correct on the adds. They all spawn around the crystal platforms to btw.

Starting at 71 percent if i was you i would hold before hiting 70 and let Dao do his ae mez/charm. as soon as its cured then id start dps for the adds and on down. Same again at 61 51 ect. All the way till dead. Adds + Dao's charm/mez at the same time seems to have always braught us troubles.

And this is where you will see the differences in strats as we don't DPS adds. We mezz them and 1.5 minutes later they despawn. The Charm/Mez is a nuissance as we have a crack click team that makes sure the effects don't last more then about 2-4s

oops...

I did make it sound like we dps adds huh? I dont think thats a thing anyone would want to do myself seeing as how they despawn just a bit over 1 min from spawning.

All i ment was stop at 71 61 51 ect.... and let dao do his AE charm/mez then go back to dpsing him. That way when at 70, 60, 50, ect his adds spawn you dont have people charmed/mezed and its much easier to handle the CC of them till despawn.

We generally make 2 groups for CC. 1 cleric 1 druid 2 knights 2 enchanter/bard in each group. 1 group covers 2 crystals and the other group covers 2 other. Lock down adds then wait 10 percent for the next set.

He really isnt hard. The hardest thing of this whole event now seems to be geting people disciplined enough to just die from your debuffs or to hold off long enough at 10 and 5 percent for clickers to cure the DT. If someone goes and random cures themself with the DT debuff on you, you can kiss your raid goodbye. DT cure takes place over any cure.

can we get a complete strat write up on this. Would greatly appreciate it. Thx!:)

-Drak

Everything you need to know is already in this thread.....read a little bit.

Pepper said:
Everything you need to know is already in this thread.....read a little bit.

Yea, I did :) But was our first attempt on him last night and everything was a bit confusing. I was hoping some one might write up a start to finnish and not have to try and peice it all together. If not, no worries, was just asking :)

-Drak

If you look back as pepper's and my earlier/original posts all the information you need to know for the event is present. After that it is all about execution as things have to be done in a specific order and as fast as possible.

1 detail that may have been left out. You want 4 FD PCs 1 at each crystal. they stay FD they whole event and if it is broke they re-apply as they have a very specific job to the event.

Have them join a channel called clickers or something to ease communication between them. They will be responsible for watching emotes from the crystals and saving the raid on the AE's.

You can click the crystals through AE and while FD.

You want at least 2 really freaking good ENC or 4 average ENC 1 at each pillar or 2 across from each other. 4 knights 1 at each crystal to aggro and hold the spawned adds till the ENC can mezz them.

The rest of the raid is DPS/Healing/Tanking

What cures and other specifics like add spawns and what to watch for are also listed above.

Hope this helps add to the information we have already provided.

does Daosheen give off an emote when AE's are coming, or you just have the clickers react as fast as possible after the AE is cast?

also, the DT at 10% and 5% - someone said if someone cures themselves you can kiss the raid goodbye. Why is that? And does it apply for all the AE's he casts or just the DT?

Last edited:
Yeah he does have emotes for the charm and mez.

Aura of Stone - Red then Blue (MEZ) Trigger - Daosheen calls upon the elemental forces to contain his enemies
Runes of Alliance - Yellow then Green (Charm) Trigger - Allegiances shift as Daosheen speaks a cryptic phrase

And the reason why you can kiss your ass goodbye if someone cures themself during the death touch is because they mess up the curing for the deathtouch.

In order to cure the DT you have to have certain people ready to click each crystal in a certain order. So if someone runs over to cure themself and click a crystal out of order the raid wipes because the death touch cure can not be done properly now.