Daft..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goober32

Reaction score
Let me go on a little rant here for a moment, by all means I welcome comments and feedback as I see more and more of this every day - and I think it would be healthy to get an idea on how the community stand on this issue.

Here we go.

There are different and varying levels of "cheating" which we are all well aware of. My point is, if you see someone warping around why on earth would you report them? You cheat yourself being on this site is evidence enough of that fact.

Myself, for more years than I can recall, I've been a vanilla user. I automated a few toons when I logged in and started some of my own Macro customization to suit my play style and needs. As time went on and as time became less and less available for me to keep up with updating plug-ins/ offsets and the like I saw the value of joining a site such as this to provide it for me.

Enter MMO - Wrapped in a nice little package, support were needed and nowhere near as predatory as some other places when you throw you hands in the air and yell for help.

What I can't for the life of me figure out, is the witch hunt going on in game and out with people screaming Burn Him! Anytime they see someone warp, use /hailtarget or so much as give off the smell of being an MQ user.

The fucked up part is this is being done by other people that *use* MQ themselves (yes I've seen you, and you know who you are).

I agree there is a smart, and not so smart way to make use of these very handy little tools, and to do it openly in front of the general masses is just begging to get your account suspended or worse. The jist of my ranting is this should not be instigated by another MQ user.

What's disturbing, is it used to be us (MQ community as a whole) vs. them- So, why do other MQ users report on other MQ users. Honestly, give your fucking head a shake fella' -- Or am I being too right wing here to expect a certain level of maturity and respect between the fellow MQ'er.

If I saw someone warping around, chain zoning, or using /gate why would I report someone for this, I'm also a user. Maybe the most difficult to comprehend problems are the ones that defy common sense.

What kind of prat actually goes out of their way to report people for doing the very thing they are doing themselves, with the same tools as they are using as the detection device.

Keep in mind, the more of this that goes on, the more likely you are going to see more MQ users reporting each other (as many on my server already do) to avert attention, or focus from their guild or themselves (who also use MQ)to someone else who hasn't done them a shred of harm or even spoken to them in game or out before.

It's almost to the point now that I'm getting quotes on my chars as if I can't 6box in peace I won't play, might as well sell them off and get another 2nd hand car to fix up in my free time - what little is left.

semantics if you ask me but... This site and MQ2 players have questionable character. (this is the semantics part) They you me everyone cheats at a game so why would they choose to take the high road and not report people they see?

Or am I being too right wing here to expect a certain level of maturity and respect between the fellow MQ'er.

I expect a certain level of maturity from other cheaters. Those who don't show that maturity, by blatantly cheating in front of other players, don't deserve to use this tool.

If I saw someone warping around, chain zoning, or using /gate why would I report someone for this, I'm also a user.

I report blatant cheaters BECAUSE I use those hacks. A report will get quietly filed, and the irresponsible cheater will be watched and caught. It all happens behind the scenes. Without that report, I run the risk of said n00b being seen by a raid full of legit players, thus increasing the outcry against MQ2.

Every shithead that a MQer gets caught is 1 less person for the legit players to see. The best way to keep MQ2 alive is to stay under the radar.

That said, I don't go out of my way to hunt cheaters. And if the only reason I know someone is cheating is because of a MQ2 feature, I won't report them. The only times I do are when the person is doing something that blatantly displays cheating to legit players.

Jesus H. Baldheaded Christ. I missed the memo that said it's time for another post on this subject.

The reason people report other cheaters is generally because they are NOT mature (quietly reporting blatant fucktards excepted). Maturity, of course, is not necessarily related to age.

Funny thing happens to a lot of people when they get into an anonymous or semi-anonymous environment like an MMOG or an internet forum. Normally quiet, reserved, even shy people suddenly dig deep and find a pair. If this is channeled in a useful direction, these folks become good guild and raid leaders or acknowledged leaders and experts on internet forums. If the shiny newfound pair of balls are channeled in the other direction, you wind up with whiners, fucktards, dickheads, and other folks I try to avoid.

Expecting to find honor among thieves and cheaters is a bit like expecting to find animal lovers at a cockfight.

I think what the OP is trying to say is who is the expert on maturity? In all actuality, we're playing a game...

Scene is that you have two thieves. One smart, only steals at night, cases a joint, does his/her homework. Second one is stupid, breaks in during broad daylight hours, makes every sound that he/she can. Who is wrong? In all fairness, they are both wrong. Both are stealing and one cannot draw a special line for the other when it comes time to pay the toll.

Make of it as you want, but reporting someone for using 3rd party software in a GAME does not make you right if you use the same thing. It makes you hypocritical. Ignorance of this fact is not considered maturity...it is considered ignorance. *shrugs*

Status
Not open for further replies.