Crashing on a specific mob.

meta53

Reaction score
Hey all,

So.. I can't kill Mistress of Pain.
Not because I can't do the deal, but because invariably before she hits 0% all my toons crash. Today I crashed at 2 fucking %, on all 12 boxes as a matter of fact. It is pissing me off. It is incredibly hard to test, because I cannot kill her to test it without MQ2 and the standard plug ins.

So. Here is the set up.

2 different machines, 2 different video cards, same OS (win7 64)
Plugin list:

mq2melee
mq2wintitle

& the default crap (map, hud, etc)

default UI (ugh)

All the toons, on both machines will crash simultaneously when they do - although sometimes not all crash. I have run sans mq2melee and they still crash, no matter the class (casters, melee, healers, etc)

I ran a full scan and no love on new files, I am now downloading the entire EQ set again.

What it comes down to is.... anyone have any ideas, or am I forever screwed when camping Mistress & Summoner?

-meta53

Last edited:
This mob crashed my friend several times and he does not use MQ at all.

HTW: let me dig it out from the other box, as part of my machinations, I killed and redownloaded the whole damn install.

For those curious.

mq2mmobugs=mq2mmobugs
mq2cast=mq2cast
mq2chatwnd=mq2chatwnd
mq2eqbc=mq2eqbc
mq2eqbugfix=mq2eqbugfix
mq2exchange=mq2exchange
mq2famkiller=mq2famkiller
mq2hud=mq2hud
mq2itemdisplay=mq2itemdisplay
mq2map=mq2map
mq2melee=mq2melee
mq2mmofastmem=mq2mmofastmem
mq2mmowarp=mq2mmowarp
mq2moveutils=mq2moveutils
mq2piggyzone=mq2piggyzone
mq2rez=mq2rez
mq2wintitle=mq2wintitle
mq2reachit=mq2reachit

Last edited:
I had this happen with rumblecrush. When I tested without MQ2 it still crashes me.

Also crashed on a deranged mephit in lichen keep. Only my casting classes dont crash~ lol

HTW: let me dig it out from the other box, as part of my machinations, I killed and redownloaded the whole damn install.

For those curious.

mq2mmobugs=mq2mmobugs
mq2cast=mq2cast
mq2chatwnd=mq2chatwnd
mq2eqbc=mq2eqbc
mq2eqbugfix=mq2eqbugfix
mq2exchange=mq2exchange
mq2famkiller=mq2famkiller
mq2hud=mq2hud
mq2itemdisplay=mq2itemdisplay
mq2map=mq2map
mq2melee=mq2melee
mq2mmofastmem=mq2mmofastmem
mq2mmowarp=mq2mmowarp
mq2moveutils=mq2moveutils
mq2piggyzone=mq2piggyzone
mq2rez=mq2rez
mq2wintitle=mq2wintitle
mq2reachit=mq2reachit
You're crashing with a texture related function - not MQ2 related. Likely is one of the settings in your eqclient.ini somewhere, or with driver/directx. People have usually had success fixing this kind of thing by:

1) Make sure directx is completely up to date (http://www.microsoft.com/directx)
2) Make sure you have latest video drivers
3) Delete your eqclient.ini, and let EQ recreate it on launch (you will have to verify some of your options, Alt-O - and some of your switches, /tgb for example)

That's best I can offer ya man, sorry.

htw

No worries HTW, I figured as much.
I did nuke eqclient.ini... I just haven't gotten around to reattempting her.

same here w deranged mephit or Maddened Mephit

solution for me (i never go near those mobs again)

i will take a look at HTW solution but not sure ill ever mess w those mobs again.

never had that problem w Misstress btw but again its a mob ill never tango w again (got what i wanted and i can do w out 20+ wipes till a win by some fluke.. LOL)

Last edited: