Copy protected dvd's

rujah

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Hey all,

Just curious on suggestions on how to copy, copy-protected dvd's? (software etc..)

Looking for something to make it very easy.

Any ideas would be great.

Cheers

Hey all,

Just curious on suggestions on how to copy, copy-protected dvd's? (software etc..)

Looking for something to make it very easy.

Any ideas would be great.

Cheers
DVD Decrypter.

htw

Couple ideas

I use DVD Shrink 3.2 and DVD Decrypter with varying success. For the most part you need a software to remove the encryption (DVD Decrypter) and usually you need another one to reduce the movie to 4.7gb unless you are burning dual layer DVDs. Occasionally the process fails, though, because the FCC shut down the DVD Decrypter guy and no new versions are out (publicly at least). I am sure there are others out there, but this is what I am using for now at least. Sometimes I have gotten around the encryption by using DVD Shrink to burn only the movie (not the special features, preview, etc.) to a disc image and then burn that image to the DVD. Either way I have not found a 100 % solution. Both softwares should be available free from a variety of different sites.

AnyDVD+CloneDVD2

I'm seconding this. I use DVDDecrypter but more and more the newer DVDs are unable to be used by it.

AnyDVD+CloneDVD2 works great. Plus, you can shrink the movie (if you desire) and you have a lot more control over what you can rip off the disc (FBI warnings, trailers, etc.).

any1 know a free program that changes .avi to .dvd files? or can dvd players read .avi?

most quality dvd players can play avi wmp xvid files

Decrypting dvds-- DVD Decrypter
Burning DVDs-- Ashampoo Burning Studio
Converting video files-- VSO CovertXtoDVD
Stripping/editing DVD--TPMGEnco
Copying DVDs-- DVD shrink

did you guys torrent a cracked version of convertxtodvd ? i have it also but gives watermarks in middle of movies w/ trial version.

convertxtodvd changes your format.

You can get a cracked version of that on RevTT

ya can also get it via torrent, jus did that and its working good. when you burn dvd's is there a way to get the subtitles for the foreign language parts of the movie to work? i burned Defiance and 7 lbs, both have foreign language parts w/ no subtitles. 7 lbs isn't bad but a lot of Defiance is in another language and its pretty annoying lol. Was wondering if there was a way to get them included w/o having subtitles on the entire movie.

You can get the cracked version from either piratbay.org or btjunkie.org Have never had a problem with downloads form either site and my music, movie, and applications rhat I have downloaded have been great. Just read some of the comments on either site in the torrent description before you down load to make sure it is good quality and the right language you want.