Clicky buffs as permanent passive buffs

SiegeTank

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Most of you have probably read this on the EQ forums, I hope:

Starting with the September 23rd Update, any time you use one of these "standard" item clicks, you will be given an appropriate passive AA that gives you the same effect, permanently. If you only wanted the stats from the buffs, you never have to activate the items again. If you decide you want to use the buff slots (to protect others from being dispelled, for example), you can still use your standard items to get "shadow" buffs that apply no effects but take up a slot. Here's a list of the lines that have been consolidated:

Ancestral Memories
Aura of Battle
Breath of Atathus
Expanding Mind
Form of Defense
Form of Endurance
Form of Protection
Form of Rejuvenation
Grim Aura
Might of Stone
Myrmidon's Skill
Prismatic Ward
Knowledge of the Past / Soothing Breath*

*You can only have one of Knowledge of the Past or Soothing Breath active at the same time. If you activate one you will deactivate the other.

Should you ever wish to get rid of your passive item effects, you can activate the new ability "Item: Disable Item Abilities" and all of your passives will be reset. You can then reuse your items to get back any lines that you want.

Not every line of buffs lent itself to this method, so the following lines of clicky buffs were converted to permanent duration effects that persist through death:

Aura of the Void
Essence of Ruaabri
Gnoll Reaver Fortitude
Gunthak Grit / Fortitude
Illusionary Spikes
Thorny Shield

I haven't had the patience to read the entire 17-page thread so I have a question. I get the idea of transforming a clicky buff into a permanent passive buff. But do you need to keep the clicky item in your bag inventory to sustain the passive buff? Heck, do you even need to keep it in your inventory at all? Could you borrow the item from someone else, click it once, obtain the passive aa buff, and then return the clicky? (I have a number of clicky's that come from items I don't equip.)

Maybe we won't know till the change goes live next Wednesday but wondering if anyone has run across an answer to these questions on the extensive DB forums pages.

clickies

Siege,

This went live on Test Thursday and this is what I've seen so far.
You don't seem to need to keep it in inventory but I haven't died yet and haven't seen what happens upon resurrection. Does it auto-rebuff?
One good thing I noticed is that Form of defense, endurance & prismatic ward now stack. That's a nice boost to AC & HP & resists. Took my main ranger to 12,175 AC.
They re-patched last night though. Don't know why, but I rebuffed my team just in case they were nerfing that.
Yes - u can borrow and click but keep in mind the TDS & CoTF items are attunables so you'll need to unattune from toon, and then back again. And be careful not to click that buff off ever.
Hope that helps.

They didnt intend the Form of ____ to stack, nor the knowledge/whatever mana buff to stack according to the thread. So those will probably be fixed somehow. The clicky has a "screech" effect that they must have not added to the AA.

You shouldnt need the item.

The effect should persist through death.

No icons unless you toggle it to have icons for taking up slots purposes. (So on FV you can just borrow the best raid clicky and give it back. Tada)

AS Pete said they are no longer needed unless to use as dummy buffs to keep your good buffs from being dispelled. With that being said, you will have to alter your downshits to reflect the new names because the old ones don't exist anymore and you will chain cast the clickies.

I can confirm they persist through death so once on really don't need them again

Last edited:
(So on FV you can just borrow the best raid clicky and give it back. Tada)

So now in addition to server spam from players wanting to borrow gear to make a Test server toon, we'll see spam for borrowing raid clickies "just for a sec." LOL

Anyone else having issues with this ? something is spamming the buffs and I can't seem to find what's doing it. I do not have downshits for them and it happens without a macro running.

Anyone else having issues with this ? something is spamming the buffs and I can't seem to find what's doing it. I do not have downshits for them and it happens without a macro running.
is it mq2bot? did you turn off icons and use the AAs? if so you should be able to change your ini:

UseClickyBuffs=0

i think that is the setting.

Exact.
Spam comes from mqbot.
Trying to use permabuffs up, and spamming. My Bot .ini already has Doclickies=0 and it is still spamming.
ST, where do you want us to put "useclickies=0" ?

For momitsme,

use for example :
holyshit7=/if (${Spell[Knowledge of the Past XV].Stacks} && !${Me.Buff[Shadow of Knowledge].ID} && !${Me.Moving} && !${Me.Invis}) /casting "Ring of the Vicarum"

It stops the spam without mqbot mac loaded.

To stop spam of clickies in mqbot

remove in you Bot_CharacterName_Class ini: autoclickies and clickymaintenance in

OptionsCheck=|Merc|AA|Aura|AutoClickies|Buff|ClickyMaintenance|ClickyNuke|Fade|Debuff|Dot|FightBuff|Mez|Nuke|Pet|SelfBuff|Mana|ModRod|
OptionsCheckRaid=|Pulling|Merc|AA|Aura|AutoClickies|Buff|ClickyMaintenance|ClickyNuke|Fade|Debuff|Dot|FightBuff|Mez|Nuke|Pet|Root|SelfBuff|Stun|Mana|ModRod|

Last edited:
mq2bot is not bot.mac. 2 different things.