Class Burns

Lorekeeper

Reaction score
I've never seen a topic made for this for ALL classes, I've also used the search feature so if there is one, bite me! =p

Anyone here care to give the information for which class and what to use and in what order for burning on named, raid mobs etc.

DRUID:
(Copy and Paste)

Hot key to activate Acute Focus of arcanum/First Spire of Nature/Natures Fury/Vet AA or Glyph/Twincast AA/Black Wolf (although if your looking to max dps chances are you have wolf on 100% as often as you can anyway.

If target has no adds etc, use rain spells over short duration dots. These you should interchange depending. The rain nuke is more damage.

So spell bar you should Highest rain nuke/'utility detrimental' nuke (Remote sunflare)/2 highest fast refresh nukes/a couple of dots depending on the duration of the mob.

Basically you want to open with appropriate debuffs and maybe a few dots if not burning from 100%.

Cast order should be Rain/Remote/alternate 2 other nukes until the rain and remote refresh. Until Twincast AA is gone, throw on dots here if you wish depending on duration.

Now you want to use your Tower raid robe clicky for faster casts if you have it...

Cast spell Twincast>rain nuke>mana flare nuke>Normal Nuke>Forcefull rejuvination AA>Rain nuke>Mana flare>back to alternating two fast refresh nukes. Depending on game ticks you may end up getting in a 3rd rain nuke under twin cast.

After all that you basically have nothing left, so this is where dots will be usefull to throw on between alternating nukes.

Last edited:
that info is spread all over macros and posts can find zerks monks rogues rangers that way w simple search (burn) also holy shit had burn related info

rest of classes are self explanatory

this is assuming u are familiar w the class and arent gonna wonder whats nuking or burning disc a b c etc

glyphs vet aa, plus any othere aas u can muster to increase dps and lower resists and aggro

wiz twincast and nuke your ass off (dont die)
mage spear for all u got (dont die) use aas
necro dot your ass off (dont die)

rest of classes dont have a major burn and any and all offensive abilities are self explanatory and plain to see ,
not sure what to tell u after that unless u are asking what if and if and if and if:

if 1 had this many aas
if 2 had these spells (lvl)
if 3 had these clickies
if 4 was in this grp
if 5 was fighting this type of mob (since they nerfed short duration dots on raid named)

so many ifs to get max dps out of toon u are playing play a role in final outcome

good luck

NVM

Last edited:
that info is spread all over macros and posts can find zerks monks rogues rangers that way w simple search (burn) also holy shit had burn related info

rest of classes are self explanatory

this is assuming u are familiar w the class and arent gonna wonder whats nuking or burning disc a b c etc

glyphs vet aa, plus any othere aas u can muster to increase dps and lower resists and aggro

wiz twincast and nuke your ass off (dont die)
mage spear for all u got (dont die) use aas
necro dot your ass off (dont die)

rest of classes dont have a major burn and any and all offensive abilities are self explanatory and plain to see ,
not sure what to tell u after that unless u are asking what if and if and if and if:

if 1 had this many aas
if 2 had these spells (lvl)
if 3 had these clickies
if 4 was in this grp
if 5 was fighting this type of mob (since they nerfed short duration dots on raid named)

so many ifs to get max dps out of toon u are playing play a role in final outcome

good luck
Yeah buddy this doesn't take a genius (no offense) I'm talking maxing out dps for a named or raid mob, not just blahblah cast this and don't die. I need names and what not =p.

no offense taken and again search the word burn ,I did a search again and went thu the zerk burn , monk burn, rogue burn, ranger burn suggestions theyre all there

and if you are asking generalities may want to add something like max aa toon vet rewards in this grp (since some stuff doesnt stack),

and then consider disregarding some info (short dots are scrapped i heard), some mobs are more resistant to: Fire Cold Magic, since not all events are equal may want to point anything out that is relevant (event and what u know about that particular raid mob), that should cover most of your casters

again its such a general request any !"genius" can make broad assumptions with out knowning more details than theoretically whats a general burn u can do, especially regarding raid burns

now there is a diff of actually playing a class and wanting to learn more about how others burn w that class, may get u farther than trying to figure out what everyone else is doing, since there may be general terms that may not apply to what ever raid event u are doing (especially casters)

Gonna refrain from posting again cause its so general and I sincerly apologize for my lack of current raid target knowledge, that said zerk ranger have both hit 40k in ideal conditions on grp named or old raid targets, monk hasnt broken 25k, when ive used a rogue and used his burn set up hes gone under 30k, cant really give u advice about what u could or should do on raids cause nothing in grp lives long for me, perhaps some raid burning folks here can give you better insight.

From my limited scope of burn understanding (no current raid exp) those classes dont vary much from the BURN search results i have found.

For druid max burn...

Hot key to activate Acute Focus of arcanum/First Spire of Nature/Natures Fury/Vet AA or Glyph/Twincast AA/Black Wolf (although if your looking to max dps chances are you have wolf on 100% as often as you can anyway.

If target has no adds etc, use rain spells over short duration dots. These you should interchange depending. The rain nuke is more damage.

So spell bar you should Highest rain nuke/'utility detrimental' nuke (Remote sunflare)/2 highest fast refresh nukes/a couple of dots depending on the duration of the mob.

Basically you want to open with appropriate debuffs and maybe a few dots if not burning from 100%.

Cast order should be Rain/Remote/alternate 2 other nukes until the rain and remote refresh. Until Twincast AA is gone, throw on dots here if you wish depending on duration.

Now you want to use your Tower raid robe clicky for faster casts if you have it...

Cast spell Twincast>rain nuke>mana flare nuke>Normal Nuke>Forcefull rejuvination AA>Rain nuke>Mana flare>back to alternating two fast refresh nukes. Depending on game ticks you may end up getting in a 3rd rain nuke under twin cast.

After all that you basically have nothing left, so this is where dots will be usefull to throw on between alternating nukes.

I haven't played in quite a few weeks and i've never been one for a way with words or structure if anyone cares to re-write it to make more sense :p

Pally burn:

keypress Q or click auto attack on.... watch sad numbers slowly trickle upwards in your combat box and after 45 mins orc_pawn_001 is dead... end of story...

No but seriously when i played back when 85 was the cap.... sad isnt it... You would use whatever proc buffs effected the mob and epic clicks with a fast 2hander out... Pallys are the suck for live mobs... undead I would chain cast Burial rights (i think was the best) until they were crippled along with undead procs and epic clicks... same scenario just now we had nukes!

Pally burn:

keypress Q or click auto attack on.... watch sad numbers slowly trickle upwards in your combat box and after 45 mins orc_pawn_001 is dead... end of story...

No but seriously when i played back when 85 was the cap.... sad isnt it... You would use whatever proc buffs effected the mob and epic clicks with a fast 2hander out... Pallys are the suck for live mobs... undead I would chain cast Burial rights (i think was the best) until they were crippled along with undead procs and epic clicks... same scenario just now we had nukes!

Yet, I've seen paladins do 55-60k DPS on undead raid mobs in the current expansion. (they were in melee DPS groups getting bard, shaman epic, Nature's Fury, etc)

Pally burn:

Yet, I've seen paladins do 55-60k DPS on undead raid mobs in the current expansion. (they were in melee DPS groups getting bard, shaman epic, Nature's Fury, etc)

Same.

Pallies whine a lot, but they aren't as suck as what they used to (and yes, the argument is "well I only get to burn like that once every couple of hours" to which I'd say "which is exactly how often you have to do it to be somewhat effective.")

I play a raid paladin and parse 25k on live raid mobs. If you play a pally right, you can Dps lol. Just have to know what to use and how to effectively play it!

I play a raid paladin and parse 25k on live raid mobs. If you play a pally right, you can Dps lol. Just have to know what to use and how to effectively play it!

You mind posting your burn or a link to it?
Thanks