Can't get soe loader to run, anyone else?

militarebear

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Greetings once again. ))
Been a while as we have moved. Just getting back into the game. I played a bit last week with no problems but today after loading the mmo I get a notice that my compile is wrong for my version of eq. So I tried to load up the soe launchpad and it doesn't run right (or maybe it does and I just don't know it.) I get the initial soe loader background with the square inside the rectangle but where it usually goes to check my files or update all I get is a black rectangle. Nothing clickable or viewable. Everytime I try to start it up the same results. So I went to the soe website and downloaded the launchpad set up program and ran it. Version 5.2.5.24 I hope this is the correct one. Anyone having this problem or have had it and know what I need to do to correct it?? Thanx in advance.
Respectfully,
militarebear
PS I know this isn't an mmo problem but I hope this is the fastest way to reslove this. thanx again

Greetings once again. ))
Been a while as we have moved. Just getting back into the game. I played a bit last week with no problems but today after loading the mmo I get a notice that my compile is wrong for my version of eq. So I tried to load up the soe launchpad and it doesn't run right (or maybe it does and I just don't know it.) I get the initial soe loader background with the square inside the rectangle but where it usually goes to check my files or update all I get is a black rectangle. Nothing clickable or viewable. Everytime I try to start it up the same results. So I went to the soe website and downloaded the launchpad set up program and ran it. Version 5.2.5.24 I hope this is the correct one. Anyone having this problem or have had it and know what I need to do to correct it?? Thanx in advance.
Respectfully,
militarebear
PS I know this isn't an mmo problem but I hope this is the fastest way to reslove this. thanx again

Is your mmobugs program still running in the backround?

same issue

mmoloader is not running in the background for me, and i am having same issue. Saying wrong loggin password. Tried retypeing it in multiple times, and reloading it. Have not deleted yet because of cant re download the patcher I believe server is having a hard poop right now

I also cant log in says wrong password.

Looks like someone was hammering the server trying to gain access via a SSH connection. It looks to be working fine at the moment. The issue is being further looked into.

I haven't run the link for the mmo downloader featured above yet but I just wanted to say that I close mmo completely before I ever try to load the soe launchpad. I really can't see that downloading a new mmo will correct my soe problem but I will try it as soon as I post this. Never know. . . By the way, when I get the black rectangle there is nothing to click, it is just black.
Sorry, I thot that was a new mmo downloader, turns out it takes us to another thread. ))

Last edited:
No, sorry, if mmoloader isn't running, then it's not ours. Did you try booting fresh and then running launchpad by itself?

htw

yeppers, even gave my puter the night off and did a fresh boot up in the am. Ran the soe launcher and same thing, Initial rectangle is good, the small square appears in the middle with the little circular arrow going round and round. Then when it should be returning to the normal rectangle (the one that lists my account name and options) it just turns all black. I don't even get a window close box or anything. Have to close it out from the task bar. There are no mmo or is programs running at this point so there can't be any conflict. Just seems entirely weird. (((

Update: I rebooted to a newly installed win 7 os and the lauchpad from soe worked. So I guess it was (still is) a problem with one of their updates. Damn I hate waiting to update so the bad ones get fixed but then I find one that whacks out a particular program (launchpad in this instance). I guess I'll have to use my other os to update my eq files. I've got no problems with MMO.
thanx for your help. If anyone knows of a specific MS update that could have messed with the launchpad, please feel free to tell me which update. ))

Last edited: