can veteran rewards be changed from characters?

diamondmine

Reaction score
can I change veteran rewards from one character to another?

What about if I delete the character that has the rewards?

thanks

This message is here because No is to short of a reply by itself.

No

The short answer is: No.

The long answer is: NooooooooOOOooOOOoooooOOOOOoooooooooOOOOoooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm gonna have to be a slight ass here ^_^

The correct answer is.....*drum roll*.....Um....No ^_^

If you delete the char with veteran reward than you lost one veteran reward.

If you claim a veteran reward than it is forever claimed and soe dont want to help you to change from one to another char the veteran reward.

Tried and Failed

One of my accounts will be 8 years old very soon and one of the toons on it I stopped playing when the cap was 60 with velious, the other is 70 but I don't play either anymore. I got into chat with a CSR and asked if I could do anything about it. To sum it up:

SOE says you are SOL.

-Vy

With 8 years vet you should get 13 toons claimable. 5 base and +1 for each year

Actually.... you can switch toons for vet rewards. But you will have to sacrifice all on one by changing it to another account. For instance

Account 1 has 3 toons with vet rewards. All of which are claimed.

Switch toon you don't use as much to a new account. Account2

Since your account flags you for vet rewards and not your actual character the new account will have none available. Then you can petition to have the vet rewards reinstated for one additional toon on your Account 1

Actually.... you can switch toons for vet rewards. But you will have to sacrifice all on one by changing it to another account. For instance

Since your account flags you for vet rewards and not your actual character the new account will have none available. Then you can petition to have the vet rewards reinstated for one additional toon on your Account 1

That doesnt work. You can delete / delete recreate with same name / movelog accounts, none of these can get you more vet rewards. The account is flagged for how many it can claim, not how many it has active.

wait.. I have 3rd year vet rewards on the bard thats on the account but I am unable to claim rewards on any other character... how many year rewards do you need to claim on another character?

Thanks for the great no's though. Some of you need to get more creative. Should have said no in other languages or something!

:D

non, no, no, nein, nee, oxi, nyet, I-ie, Bu,
that better :eek:) and as sony would say hell no

wait.. I have 3rd year vet rewards on the bard thats on the account but I am unable to claim rewards on any other character... how many year rewards do you need to claim on another character?

Thanks for the great no's though. Some of you need to get more creative. Should have said no in other languages or something!

:D

pretty sure I read on SOE forums you get 5 to start at 1 year then 1 additional every year after. I could be mistaken.

pretty sure I read on SOE forums you get 5 to start at 1 year then 1 additional every year after. I could be mistaken.

???

Never heard of that. You get vet rewards 1/year. You can claim a reward on one character per each year of rewards (1 year=1 character total, 2 years = 2 characters total).

If you have an account that is three years (which *should* register as > 3.0 under "played" -- although that is sometimes broken), you should be able to claim rewards on 3 characters (and each character should have LotD, Infusion of the faithful, and Chaotic Jester). If you've only claimed rewards on 1 character (and you're 100% sure about that) you can try to petition and find out what the deal is.

Are you sure you're entitled to 3 years? Having a 3 year old account and *paying* for 3 years are two different things, just so you know.

???

Never heard of that. You get vet rewards 1/year. You can claim a reward on one character per each year of rewards (1 year=1 character total, 2 years = 2 characters total).

If you have an account that is three years (which *should* register as > 3.0 under "played" -- although that is sometimes broken), you should be able to claim rewards on 3 characters (and each character should have LotD, Infusion of the faithful, and Chaotic Jester). If you've only claimed rewards on 1 character (and you're 100% sure about that) you can try to petition and find out what the deal is.

Are you sure you're entitled to 3 years? Having a 3 year old account and *paying* for 3 years are two different things, just so you know.

Yes I have 3rd year vet rewards on the bard. I will have to petition and find out.

Logging in to check right now.

P.S. Boy am I a dumbass. Turns out I could just claim the rewards, its not like it tells me this evertime that I log in or anything.

Thanks for the help all, atleast this is a thread for the other fucktards around here to find out some information on common knowledge things. Just think I started playing in june of 99.

nm i read a little more into what jj said and i have a 2.0 year account but it was skipped a month or two in payment so prob have to wait another two months or so for veteran rewards.

I talked to a Sony CSR when I was making a 2nd account and asked if a character would keep vet rewards if I moved it to new account. answer NO.
I asked if another character could claim the vet reward if the character that has them is moved to a new account. answer NO.
Once a vet reward is claimed that is it, it has been claimed and cannot be 'un-claimed'.

I talked to a Sony CSR when I was making a 2nd account and asked if a character would keep vet rewards if I moved it to new account. answer NO.
I asked if another character could claim the vet reward if the character that has them is moved to a new account. answer NO.
Once a vet reward is claimed that is it, it has been claimed and cannot be 'un-claimed'.

Yes and no. The key here is the usage of NEW. If you claim a vet reward and move the char to a brand spanking new account, then no, it won't have any vet rewards. If you wait a year, it will have lessons, and you will have one claim on that account.

An example:
I have 3 accounts, 1 9 y/o, 1 6 y/o, and 1 3 y/o. I have 9 claims on the first, 6 on the second, and 3 on the third.

I mistakenly make a cleric and a warrior on the 9 year account and claim vet rewards on both. I choose to move the Warrior to the 6 year account. He now has access to the first 6 vet rewards, losing the last three. I can still claim 6 vet rewards on that account.

A week later, I decide to be naughty and visit Zipp's site and make a monk, a rogue, and a berzerker on the 3 year old account, claiming vets on all three. After my fun, and knowing the ban hammer is incoming, I /charmove the monk to the 6 year account, and the other two to the 9 year account.

The monk ends up with 6 vet rewards total, and the rogue and zerker get 9 each. I still have 6 claims on the 6 year account, and 7 claims on the 9 year account.

Veteran reward claims stay with the character. If you move the character to an account with less, or no veteran rewards, you lose them until the first year has passed. If you delete the character the claim is gone forever.

Oh and the example given above? Is not hypothetical, although the site wasn't Zipp's at the time.