Can /pet swarm be added to Mq2Melee?

ominous24

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, title says it. Can it be added to either melee or bot?

Thanks

Keeping in mind I don't actively play much...

1) What exactly does it do?
2) How do you envision it being used?
3) How would that setting(s) look in mq2melee?

Thanks.

htw

Keeping in mind I don't actively play much...

1) What exactly does it do?
2) How do you envision it being used?
3) How would that setting(s) look in mq2melee?

Thanks.

htw

Basically, it allows pet classes to make traditionally non-controllable summoned pets (e.g. - host of elements) attack on command.

Same as /pet attack but for swarm pets.

Probably the same as usepet.

I'd make it a toggle on or off, since sometimes people will use them on adds etc. Already having cast a spell on the NPC so probably superferlous to check a HP %

The command is "/pet swarm".

To explain simply, if you've ever played a mage and cast all those swarm pets and then the mob dies in like .2 seconds and you are standing there like WTF, that was a waste, you now have the option for the remainder of their uptime to send them at new targets by targetting a mob and /pet swarm.

Wanted to bump this, I know its the holidays, but any idea if this can/will get added?

I am also interested in hearing a status on this. It doesn't seem like it would be very difficult to make this happen. I wouldn't want this task to remain incomplete because it was forgotten. :p

Thanks.

I've got it on the list as a feature request, but haven't started it at all due to higher priorities.

htw

htw did this get done or is there a way of saying "if mob being attacked is at x% and not invis and we have aggro then /pet swarm?"

Not sure this is the best way of doing it.

htw did this get done or is there a way of saying "if mob being attacked is at x% and not invis and we have aggro then /pet swarm?"

Not sure this is the best way of doing it.

Thinking more like
Code:
/if (${Target.PctHps} < 80 && ${Me.PctAggro} > 0) {
    /pet swarm
}

I don't think there is a need to check for a mob being invis. I've never encountered a mob with aggro on me that decided to be invisible. But I haven't played like the last 3 expansions, so I suppose anything is possible.

Also it's unlikely the dev's are working on any new features with all the jazz of the recent MQ2 update going on. But again, anything is possible?

Last edited:
just saw this asked and I wasnt sure if mq2bot or mq2melee have that ability

I think I can make a holyflag for it

Code:
/if (${Me.CombatState.Equal[COMBAT]} && ${Target.PctHps} <98 && ${Target.PctHps} >90)  /pet swarm

im guessing ${Me.PctAggro} > 0 is another way of saying if im in combat state?

I think i am going to stop mq2bot from casting malosinete aa and make a holyflag for it and will multiline it to add /pet swarm to it

Last edited:
this is working for me, had to turn off malo from mq2bot

Code:
downshit1=/if (${Me.CombatState.Equal[COMBAT]} && !${Target.Buff[Malosinete V].ID}) /multiline ; /pet swarm ; /alt activate 1041

same can be done for other classes (find a spell or aa they use EVERY fight and tie pet swarm to it)

Ideally eventually it would be a melee option maybe or a mq2bot setting , perhaps just tied to where ever /pet attack is located

Last edited:
fast recast mage casts it at beginning of every fight only has to cast it once, it shows on mob as a debuff so helps tlo check does mob have this or not

just meets criteria for what i needed it to do and works phenomenal atm