Can o' Worms

I watched the guy run in his first heat and then in the Semi finals. I will say this. I am impressed that this guy can do what he can with what he was given. He was very impressive to myself and family that watched.

With that said, it sure didn't seem like those carbon fiber feet of his gave him much advantage if any. He placed second in his first qualifying heat, where he raced against 5 no name racers and 2 "did no show" spots. In the semi finals he came in 8th out of 8 and he wasn't even close finishing in a qualifying spot.

I am not sure what sort of proof athletes and scientists need, but there was a good amount of it on display. He was a good medalist in a para-Olympics where he is racing against others with prosthetic legs. When he's racing against other Olympic athletes with feet, he was impressive, but only because he had no feet.

Not winning isn't evidence that he has no advantage. We don't know that if he had real legs, he might not have even qualified for the Olympics at all. His legs could still be giving him great advantage.

The point is, when you've got something like that, it's not a 1:1 competition with other people. There's simply no way to contest that it isn't the same.

Also you have to wonder how many athletes have had laser corrective surgery. You could say that those that have had it now see better than those with "normal" or "unenhanced" vision.

Michael Phelps has some sort of secret training equipment in house. It's likely a hyperbaric chamber.

The point is athletes will always take any advantage they can have and I don't see any runners chopping feet off so they can "weigh less" and "have an unfair advantage".

Does he use this chamber during swimming? Things people use to train and condition I have no issue with.

The simple question you have to ask is. Could I complete with this guy in the para Olympics. No because I would not be allowed to contend as I do not meet the requirements, unless I modify my body in some way.

Corrected vision I could argue for or against so I wont go into that.

I can't wait for the Cyborg games! I want to see someone with mechanical cyborg legs break the 1 minute mile!