bot.mac still used?

stacks3

Reaction score
Been away from the game for a while and couldn't find an obvious solution to my question. I see that there's a mq2bot plugin now and that the bot.mac seemingly hasn't been very active (from looking at the forums here). Is it basically discontinued? What's the advantage to using the plugin version over this one?

I always found that bot.mac worked fantastic, but am currently getting that "didn't read the changes.txt" message when I try to run it.

Try the plugin bot.
No need to mess about with ini files for setup f spells etc.
Just wash, and go.

Gave it a quick go.

It works but doesn't seem to have full buff support (ie. my enchanter wont cast individual clarity on party members). Any workaround to automating this with the plugin?

Group versions only I think, tbh 1-65 takes an hour so I don't think it is likely to get much time.

Group versions only I think, tbh 1-65 takes an hour so I don't think it is likely to get much time.

A lot of people like the TLP servers where 1-60 takes far more than an hour ;). I personally sub'd due to playing on the progression servers but TLP seems to have issues here and there and it's hard finding support for TLP issues.

As to the OP, I've found that a combination of the Bot Plugin and the bot40.mac (a more up to date version of bot.mac) seem to work best after setting up the ini's. MQ2Bot is simply not tailored to the TLP and doesn't seem to be anywhere near as customizable as the macro version (and I have no idea if the authors care too much about TLP). In fact, after setting up bot40.mac the only issue I'm currently having is getting the bot40 version to canni on my shaman. The older bot.mac version seems to canni no problem, so when using bot40 i have to have the bot plugin on as well or it won't canni. OP, If you have any questions I'm open to sharing what I've managed to learn so far

A lot of people like the TLP servers where 1-60 takes far more than an hour ;). I personally sub'd due to playing on the progression servers but TLP seems to have issues here and there and it's hard finding support for TLP issues.

As to the OP, I've found that a combination of the Bot Plugin and the bot40.mac (a more up to date version of bot.mac) seem to work best after setting up the ini's. MQ2Bot is simply not tailored to the TLP and doesn't seem to be anywhere near as customizable as the macro version (and I have no idea if the authors care too much about TLP). In fact, after setting up bot40.mac the only issue I'm currently having is getting the bot40 version to canni on my shaman. The older bot.mac version seems to canni no problem, so when using bot40 i have to have the bot plugin on as well or it won't canni. OP, If you have any questions I'm open to sharing what I've managed to learn so far
I've recently returned from retirement and am checking out all that's going on now. Very interested in 1-60 in an hour, and best uses for the bot solutions out there. The Feb 2016 changes errors were an easy fix, so hoping to help tweak any other bugs and contribute the best I can.

Sent using Tapatalk

Last edited: