Better useage of MQ2

Whacknstack

Reaction score
I am asking for some help to get more use out of MQ2 than what i'm currently getting. For some time now, I have used it for nothing more than foraging, grabbing, and the awesome map features, but I would like to REALLY learn how to get more out of it. I am levelling up the makings of a well balanced group and I want to use MQ2 to help me farm some gear and AAs, but I'm not sure how to get it all set up. Is there anyone who'd be willing to get into TeamSpeak with me and help me load all the right plugins and teach me how to use them?

You really need to describe what you are after. I'm guessing you want to automate your group?

Your best bet is to start messing with MQ2Bot plugin. Load the plugin, check out the wiki for it. You could also start messing with botting macros too. I would try and stay away from anything to do with pathing or pulling quite yet as that is where things get tricky.

yea what fry said i myself never got into mw2bot but from what i been reading about it its sick and very good for auto casting spells assisting and attking even auto following and with using with eqbc it can do a great deal of what you are seeking.

I'd start with the basics.

MQ2MoveUtils - you want to understand stick args.

MQ2Melee - you should know what this is doing or not. Most tanks disable it. There is a monster thread that has ini files for most classes. You'll have to do some tweaking and that requires understanding the MQ TLO ( top level objects ) and /mq2cast.

MQ2Bot - I haven't used it but it works out of the box by detecting your class / gear / spells and tries to use them.

Then there are the all in one macros for bot'ing.

Thank you for the recommendations here. I have been putting them to use. I have started messing with MQ2bot some and it is acting funny, so I'd like to see if I can tweak it a little. My enchanter runs himself out of mana casting unneeded spells like runes and whatnot. Is there a way to make him just dps until a buff wears off, then recast it? Same with the mage. He casts a pet buff over and over, even though it's never going to land as long as the enchanter's pumpkin head buff is on the pet. And now for the BIG PROBLEM... no matter what I do, I cannot keep MQ2 from crashing one of my toons every handful of minutes. 99.8% of the time it's my monk who crashes, but I believe that's because I play his screen primarily whilst the other screens are automated. It crashes to desktop so often that it's near impossible to get a decent Lesson run going and it's very difficult to just play in an ordinary group. I can't have my puller crashing (during pulls or during combat, NEVER while medding endurance) every 5th pull or so. I sent in several crash reports tonight. Fry, would you mind having a look at them and telling me if i'm running a plugin or something that has known issues? Any help you can give me in stabilizing my play sessions would be greatly appreciated. OH!! One last thing. I have a baby pally in the group that i'm getting xp for, and every time I actually activate her in the group and let her swing a sword, she automatically starts taunting and stunning and doing very dangerous stuff that I don't want her to do. She's not ready to tank, but I can't figure out how to make her just swing and not activate any skills or spells. Once again, thanks for the help.

People are saying there is a crash bug in either MQ2Nav, MQ2EQDraw or MQ2SpeedUtils. If someone can help track down which plugin is doing it for certain, we should be able to get it resolved.

Start unloading plugins until the crashes stop and let us know. I'll see if I can find any details in the crash logs.

I don't think so...

I've never loaded MQ2EQDraw, so it can't be that one. I unloaded MQ2Nav first, and I crashed on the 6th pull. I then unloaded MQ2SpeedUtils and lasted 20 minutes, but did eventually crash again. I almost made it through an entire Gribble HA without dropping to desktop. I could start going down the list, disabling them one at a time and see if any make a difference.

speedutils

hey Fry,
speedutils was crashing me so i unplugged it anything over 1.1 send me crashing. i have all of the other plug ins you mentioned and none of them were having any problems at all.

Thanks guys. I've updated MQ2SpeedUtils. The problem should be resolved.

Htw is looking into MQ2Bot self buff issue. You should be able to disable buffs you don't want to cast by editing the characters ini for the time being.

Nostun crashes

Hey Fry, I have had a lot of crash problems the past several weeks, so I have turned off and on all of my plugins one by one and have figured out that nostun is the source of my trouble. Would you mind having a look at that one when you get a chance? Thanks.

Hey Fry, I have had a lot of crash problems the past several weeks, so I have turned off and on all of my plugins one by one and have figured out that nostun is the source of my trouble. Would you mind having a look at that one when you get a chance? Thanks.

Are you talking about MQ2NoStun or the DoCrack NoStun?

I had a look at the offset for NoStun which is normally the problem but it looks correct. I'm guessing if you have both the plugin and the docrack enabled it might cause a crashing problem?

I'll have a chat to Htw and see if he has any ideas.

It's MQ2NoStun. I do not have that particular docrack loaded. I unloaded MQ2NoStun and MQ2NoSummon a few days ago and have not had a single crash in all that time. I reloaded MQ2NoStun and pulled a mob who's known for their stuns....very first pull, bam crash to desktop.

I am asking for some help to get more use out of MQ2 than what i'm currently getting. For some time now, I have used it for nothing more than foraging, grabbing, and the awesome map features, but I would like to REALLY learn how to get more out of it. I am levelling up the makings of a well balanced group and I want to use MQ2 to help me farm some gear and AAs, but I'm not sure how to get it all set up. Is there anyone who'd be willing to get into TeamSpeak with me and help me load all the right plugins and teach me how to use them?

TLO builder

For when you're ready to tackle code. This is a TLO builder (Top Level Object) as previously mentioned. You can pull syntax out of this excel program to create your own commands.

Programming is a beast that must be fed in order for it to grow. If you aren't out to put a bit of time into it, it'll likely be easier to use things that are already in place. Such as the plugins and macros made publicly available.

If you're after something specific, details of what you would like your macro to do would be needed. Information such as is it class specific, which class, what EXACTLY it is you want it to do. MQ2 is a versatile creature, much of the functionaly of it has been restricted due to the possibility of being banned for the use of the plugins. IE: Teleportation. Back in the day I created a macro that used monkbug to teleport around droga and kill everything in the zone in about 4 minutes. I got about 700 AA's in 2 days. But now a days that would undoubtedly get your account banned. for either one of the two high risk hacks.

Read the description of the plugins and determine if that is something you need. Plugin List - MMOBugs Wiki is the Wiki for the plugins, simply look at the basic description of the plugins. If you feel like it's something you could use, you can then click on the name of the plugin to get detailed examples (in most cases) of it's use. Should provide all slash commands etc. This documentation is key to understanding everything you can get out of a plugin.

Additionally, here is a link to the getting started on macro creation page. Getting Started - Macro Creation - MMOBugs Wiki

Good luck and cheat smarter!