Bard PULL macro....or help my dumb bard...

Status
Not open for further replies.

WickedMofo

Banned From KEQ Never EQ!
Reaction score
Recently PL'd a bard to 70 and got him about 300 aa's. All fine and dandy, till I realize I have no idea how to really play one. Not sure if I need a macro or maybe some help maybe making /twist hotkeys, but learning how to pull is a pain compared to Monk, or SK, or Necro. I target a mob, bellow, 2-3 come running to me then I fade, then I lose the mob since it paths back. Without wasting all my mana fading 10 times what is more effective here in pulling? Are you better off lulling mobs first?

On that note : anyone have a decent BARD pull macro, that would mark where you are pulling TO (CAMP), and pull a mob (maybe using LULL to help), and bring it back in. I don't mind having to make paths if it requires. Also, would be nice to use Bellow, and Fade as needed of course. Here would be a good example area -- WOS. Lets say you are camping the Signet mob where the dragorns are in the runes, near Sandak. Maybe an option to Mezz a mob if there is an ADD? I am NOT tanking --- thats what I have my 2.0 Rogue for lol --just pulling the mob in.

I have the kiting part down since doing FH is NON-AGGRO, it is a cinch to pull and kite, etc. And grouping is easy, even if I am the main slower, just pulling is a pain to learn.

Thanks in advance,......Newb Bard.....

Basic fundamentals of pulling when multiple mobs together

1) Target one and mez it (mez works to 73), other will come to you, let it get closer to you, fade, then bellows it to camp

2) If mobs are under 70 Lull one, bellows other and take to camp

3) 3+ mobs: Mez pull one, target another and either mez that too or snare it, let the 3rd come closer to you while running in a circle or diagonally as to not get to the camp spot too fast, fade, bellows it to camp

I personally favor mezzing, though my roommate tends to use snare just as often in pulling. You shouldn't need to fade more than 1 time per tough pull, you just run around mezzing/snaring until you get 1 to break free from the pack, then you fade and bellows and take to camp

Hope that helps a lil bit. Of course the 73mez requires a 70 rune (3rd or 4th glowing in the order of receiving)

Booges said:
Basic fundamentals of pulling when multiple mobs together

1) Target one and mez it (mez works to 73), other will come to you, let it get closer to you, fade, then bellows it to camp

2) If mobs are under 70 Lull one, bellows other and take to camp

3) 3+ mobs: Mez pull one, target another and either mez that too or snare it, let the 3rd come closer to you while running in a circle or diagonally as to not get to the camp spot too fast, fade, bellows it to camp

I personally favor mezzing, though my roommate tends to use snare just as often in pulling. You shouldn't need to fade more than 1 time per tough pull, you just run around mezzing/snaring until you get 1 to break free from the pack, then you fade and bellows and take to camp

Hope that helps a lil bit. Of course the 73mez requires a 70 rune (3rd or 4th glowing in the order of receiving)

Yeah makes sense. So make a few hot keys. Mez, and Bellow, and Fade of course. Bellow to pull, if more than 1 kite around and mez the one you want then fade, the others return, you have yours there mezzed, bellow it and bring to camp. Gonna give it a shot tonight parhaps in a easy camp, maybe Veksar with my Necro there for back up too :p

Status
Not open for further replies.