Bard Macro

expmonk

Reaction score
Ok, so everyone boasts about how Bards are the easiest class to AFK macro for endless levels and AA's worth of EXP. Yet, every macro I see posted on this and other sites either:

A) Needs to be tweaked free of errors in coding for it to even run while the programmer talks it up to be the best thing since sliced bread :confused:

B) Seems to run fine, but doesn't manage to keep you alive long enough to be worth dying

C) Doesn't manage to camp or exit you out when you do die, nerfing the rez timer most of the time

A lot of the macro's I see posted don't have checks or safeguards put in to save you from dying, and even the ones that do don't seem to work more than half of the time.

Now, I understand a good majority of this lies upon how sturdy your character probably is. Well, the bard I run is sitting at almost 9khp unbuffed with around 2.5k AC. Granted it lacks in AA's, that's the entire reason I've been trying to run the macro in the first place.

Another factor is, I suppose, lag. I'm running on a steady DSL premium connection that never seems to lag while I'm actually there playing on it, and my computer is more than sufficient to play EQ on.. (Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2GHz, 7200RPM SATA RAID Configured HD, Radeon X1650 Hi-Def Vid Card w/ 256 MB Ram, 2 Gigs system RAM). So, needless to say, it's VERY rare that I experience lag during gameplay.

So, what then am I doing wrong? If someone has a solution for me or any suggestions, please do respond. I don't know if there's some miracle bard macro out there that isn't posted perhaps? Or maybe something I'm completely missing... I dunno.

Thanks in advance~

You looking for instance or open zone?

I have a couple for vxed that worked ok (assuming I still have it... I'll have to check) and another one for an open zone that was great from 70-75 regular exp and good for about 6-8 aa's in about 5-6 hours (estimated... its been a while).

99.7% of every afk macro guess what... NEEDS TWEAKED. You want to know why? because if they put everything in for you its an instant ban for anyone that uses it after awhile. Example the Seru macro. Most require very little additional work or time to fix. The other problem is MQ2 is constantly changing and people will take a pretty much good afk bard macro and tweak it as they go for personal use. They have no requirement to re update old macros that stopped working as MQ2 has changed for public use as they are not the original authors who very well either stopped playing or supporting that macro.

Moral of my rant.. Learn to fix shit. Please please do not give me I do not have time or do not understand.. Most of the crap in macros is easier to understand then algebra. While this site is here to give you macros plugins and so forth.. The most assistance you can get from this site is having veteran coders teach you so you can be self sustained for the most part.

My bard mac needs no tweaking...no only myself but others have run for more then 72 hours with no dealth, i myself have gone 2 weeks!

its some where on boards already!

Moral of my rant.. Learn to fix shit.

I'm more than capable of coding myself, but thanks for the flame anyways. Provide some steady information once and awhile instead of being an outright jackass for a change.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I pay for the use of this sight. It's irritating when someone posts a macro THAT DOESN'T WORK, and claims it's the shit when they probably haven't even bothered to test it. The majority of people that pay for the services of site's like this is that they don't have the know-how to compile macroquest, plugins, and write macro's themselves. And the majority of assholes that do post these macro's are ripping them off from someone else, trying to alter them to make it look original, and completely fucking it up.

Sometimes it's better to be thought a moron than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

To the others that were actually trying to help me with my dilemma: thank you. Instance is preferable, Sum1, but open zone would be acceptable if it isn't in obvious area's that people would see me running in.

I'm more than capable of coding myself, but thanks for the flame anyways. Provide some steady information once and awhile instead of being an outright jackass for a change.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I pay for the use of this sight. It's irritating when someone posts a macro THAT DOESN'T WORK, and claims it's the shit when they probably haven't even bothered to test it. The majority of people that pay for the services of site's like this is that they don't have the know-how to compile macroquest, plugins, and write macro's themselves. And the majority of assholes that do post these macro's are ripping them off from someone else, trying to alter them to make it look original, and completely fucking it up.

Sometimes it's better to be thought a moron than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

To the others that were actually trying to help me with my dilemma: thank you. Instance is preferable, Sum1, but open zone would be acceptable if it isn't in obvious area's that people would see me running in.

I may be an asshole but I would put me in the top 10 most helpful people on this site. As for a flame, that was far from one. Now I will not go out of my way to help someone that just wants a freebie

As for your post was a crybaby bitch post. If you are more then capable of doing your own coding then do it and fucking post one like you describe. You even try to defend your crybaby post with saying how people pay for this site so they do not have to do anything. While this is true I posted the reason why a lot of macros are broken.. If you do not understand why simply say so and I will break it down to ABCs for you. So that leaves you with the moral of my first post.

Sorry expmonk, but I'm going to have to somewhat agree with JJ on this one. Most macros are going to need tweeking before they work because not all toons will have all the same capabilities as another. For example, a macro that uses some aa abillities that you don't have might run buggy, or the settings to stop or do things on low health might be set way too low for you because whoever originally developed it had end-game gear and you have bazaar gear, etc.

Fact is, people who join this site expecting libraries of hacks and macros and plugins that let you play god in eq might be disappointed, but the longer you stick around figuring out things you realize the tools on here are incredible. There are some great macros floating around here, and the plugin devs here are second to none (here's the the first site to have warp back up after the April active plugin beatdown soe put on the active-hack MQ community).

I will agree with expmonk that JJ is an asshole/jackass sometimes, but he doesn't need our comfirmation, he already knows this. I also have to agree with JJ that he is probably one of the top 10 most helpful people on this site.

Now to the issue at hand. JJ and Sum1 are right. All macro's have tweaking that needs to be done just due to different computer setups. I have multiple computers and have to tweak each macro for each computer. Play with them, post the problems you are having specifically, like dieing at a certain point in the macro, something giving you errors, or an ability that's not firing properly. People can't help if you don't post what is wrong. Especially if you are able to code, learn to tweak stuff. It makes the macro's and such much more powerful. I know absolutely shit about coding and writing macro's, but I sure as hell could tweak the shit out of them for my own purposes while I was an active player.

Bottom line, the people that write these macro's and plugins do it for free, bc they enjoy it. Try to remember that before you go on a rant whining about how their macro sucks bc it's broken and needs tweaked. You are more likely to get help if you ask nicely, as opposed to telling them that their macro is shit and you need them to fix it.

Now a warning to all, stop being asshats to each other. Play nice. I don't feel like putting anyone in timeout.

i'd say your first step into "fixing" this issue would to be to find out what exactly the "issue" is before you ask for help. ie is it the macro. or are you lagging and thats causing the death. watch it work for a bit and you can usually tell just by watching it if its the macro or your lag. untill you figure that out and ask specific questions that people can acually give you a specific answer i dont think your going to see much help.