Banned from EQ!

Sum1

Lifetimer
Reaction score
In my sleep!

Last night I had this crazy fuckin dream about this black scorpion with a huge stinger running around on the sand/dirt like a little crab or something. I freaked out a little, picked up a shoe, lost it for a while, and then refound it. Once I did I smashed the overloving shit out of it with the shoe.

Cut to my next dream... and it was me staring at my computer screen looking down this one tunnel in the mission I'm currently doing for faction/orux... and a fucking GM pops up in front of me and immediately ports me to this weird, purple looking temple/theater room with lava in the floor. He proceeds to fill my buff slots up with these bright, glowing detrimental buffs (which I vaguely recall thinking is how they actually ban your character... by putting these never-ending shitty debuffs on you so that you can't log back in)... and proceeds to talk to me in /say, but the conversation is very labored because I couldn't really concentrate on what was going on.

lol... just thought I'd share... getting banned from EQ in your dreams is pretty heavy. I wonder if this is a message.

I'd have to say turn the PC off and go to the beach and get wasted. Leave the PC off for about 30 days and don't touch it. get Drunk every chance you can. TAKE A LONG VACTION with no computer around.

Then if your still having dreams about EQ. take the PC outside and SHOOT IT with a shotgun...

if your having dreams about GM's banning you.. your loosing it...

hahahahaha GET WELLL

best of wishes in your recovery...

EQ and Dream.... definately do NOT belong in the same sentence. Ever.

Last edited:
I have dreams about EQ a lot... but never about getting BANNED in eq.

I don't even really get a chance to play as much as I used to. I'm in a couple of graduate classes at any given time, so recently raiding/grouping has been at a very low minimum. If I can log in for raids and stuff on the weekends I'm usually a happy camper.

Maybe you're right... lol the beach is sounding good right now... considering it's a gorgeous day, 2pm, and I can see the ocean from my apartment... yea.

This reminds me of 1999. I was real big on camping lower guk for the items there, as items such as Manastone, TBB, Runed Cowl were insane for their value (couldn't solo the frenzy or magi) to the point sitting at 50 with max exp there wasn't much to do outside the occasional fear/hate raids, so making platinum was the only thing fun.

After doing this for weeks, nothing but killing undead frogloks, one night I had a dream of driving down a dark highway road, akin to farmland southern 2-lane highways used for connecting two towns that no one cares to traverse or maintain. My headlights flashed upon a hideous bloody creature in the middle of the road and pseudo-me slammed on the brakes stopping just short of hiting it. Apparently brave, or just stupid, pseudo-me got out of the car, and getting a better look discovered a 4-foot tall, slimy froglok missing patches of its skin. It turned to me, wielding bright colorless eyes that one could stare into never returning to sanity, forever lost in endless depth.

An inexcapable sound filled the air... the ghostly whistling coo of an aggroless froglok seconds before hopping your way raging murder. I turned proceeding to run behind a vehicle never able to be identified, onwards to the grassy cornfields on the right. There before me stood two more of the monsterous reptiles causing pseudo-me to jump, skidding to a stop spraying up mud inches short of their webbed feet.

I woke up yelling 'wake up', a practice which I now find myself using any time I'm in a dream that pseudo-me doesn't want to partake in. It makes people laugh to witness it, but it really works. So this experience was not for naught.

To this day I wish I could physically anthropomorphize this creature into existance because what the dreamworld turned that stupid 2d froglok model into was really a badass scary looking creature. Hollywood could do wonders with the right writers behind the project...

No fucking way...

I woke up last night and posted in the IRC that I had dream about getting banned. I was ported to a place that looked a little like PoJustice and got rolled back on the spot and banned.

I still play tetris in my head when i see a tile floor...

Funny

People ask where I learned to type so fast..... When I tell them I used to dream about it everynight and watch my finges type... they laughed...... ahhhh...... but I found people who understand, lol

:eek:

Stone

EQ nightmares

Frogs are amphibians.

I dream of accidentally evacing people, of falling asleep while being a cleric, of being summoned out of LSMM by GMs. I used to dream in chat boxes.

But I only have those dreams when my husband is snoring and each time I wake up a little, it repeats.

I used to have a 20 mile 45-60 minute commute to and from work every day. At least once or twice a week I'd go to put myself on autofollow and then realize where I was. I just know if I'd had a keyboard nearby I would have put the car on autofollow and let go of the steering wheel. Funny thing is, I was reminded of that this morning (prior to seeing this thread) when I was sent a link by a buddy that remembers me telling him about my autofollow problem.