Back to EQ, much gear/spells to buy...

DoiNkk

Reaction score
Ok, so I took about 6 months off of eq...
I am coming back, and have a ton of new spells and GM gear + symbols to buy for my 5 box crew. I just flagged for MMM, but I just realized my pally can't currently tank crystallos with his gear (15khp/4kac unbuffed.) I box a shaman, pally, druid, necro, and bard.

I am figureing full new GM gear + symbols, the AAAA for the LB augs i never bothered to convert to usable augs, and buyable spells are going to cost me about 10mill-15mill pp... I refuse to pay real life cash for PP, (not that I could afford that kind of cash anyway...) and I just blew my nestegg of 600k on legs+symbol+lb for the pally.

I don't play on FV, so what are people on other servers farming to sell in the baz now a days? I am in a real pickel, as my pally can't currently tank crystallos (or MMM) with his current gear (15khp/4kac unbuffed.) None of my toons are trade skillers...

Any help would be appreciated. If you feel more comfortable, please pm me!

make at least 1 guy a tradeskiller that way he can do all the augs for your crew. Other then that you can camp the armor in Teir1 zones the alloy / warped / glossy / scratched armors to sell.

make at least 1 guy a tradeskiller that way he can do all the augs for your crew. Other then that you can camp the armor in Teir1 zones the alloy / warped / glossy / scratched armors to sell.

Thanks JJ, I'll give the BPs a shot. Maybe I can take down Rot in hills of shade.

you arent gonna get rich in crystallos. if you got your own MMM key you should be able to do factory SHIPS etc as well, tradeskill stuff there and some nice spells could help you replenish your bank acct.

most of sof zones have stuff that sells ok some of it has been overfarmed some still maintains a decent demand for it.

All in all Bloodmoon probably will get you something to sell, Not 100% sure youll walk out of there w full suits of sof armor and if you do like some farmers it creates the temporary downcycle of bottoming prices ( can only have so many farmers farm the same thing) I guess it all depends how much time you want to invest into what camp

Selling loot rights to steamcores is pretty decent too. So, just find a camp you can handle and auction in general channel that you are selling loot rights.

Thanks for all the info guys!
I'll have some great places to start.

I check out what steamcores are. I like that I have multiple options, it gives me different places to go to handle the bordom of farming.

One of the things you may want to think about doing is this:

if you can afford to buy the tier 1 armor (or camp it yourself) and camp steamcores - you can make TSS quality armor by combining tier 1 SOF armor + a steamcore.

Here is a link to the Monk BP as a comparison of the Solteris one vs. Tier 3 SOF one:

TSS Monk BP - http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=53960
SOF Monk T2 BP - http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=71831

Having a full set of this at tier 3 or even tier 4 should put you up to ~19 or 20k (perhaps a little above?) unbuffed if you have a full set with augs in it, and be better than solteris armor (for HP / AC) but slightly under solteris armor for MOD2's.

You may want to keep some of the last blood / cultural stuff tho to fill in missing mods (parry, dodge) however.

Having tier 2 SoF armor will give you Cleave IV and Fero IV however - and once you can tank crystallos and kill elders (you probably wont be able to tank the squires with that box crew however - they are just too hard) you can upgrade to tier 3 sof armor which will upgrade you to cleave V and Fero V - there is also some parry IV items and Dodge Items in Crystallos you will be able to get as well.

Good luck =)