AutoLogin

I don't use WinEQ or ISBoxer. I do box 6 toons but they're all on separate PCs, at least for now. Yeah, call me old school. LOL. Which makes this all the weirder since my login process couldn't be simpler. Dunno why it won't auto-load the password.

I've tested this on 64 and 32 bit Vista systems as well as XP and same problem on all.

This is SO freakin' strange! Right after making the above post, I fired up clients on two machines, one Vista-64, the other XP-32, and BOTH auto-logged in flawlessly!

So as they used to say in that SNL comedy skit.... never mind...

I know some are diehard wineq users, but Autologin + Isboxer (Innerspace) will most likely cut out most if not all problems you have with trying to load up multi instances or crashed ones. Isboxer can be configured to not only launch a specific set of instances on the main computer it also can launch Innerspace on your boxes. Even set from just one click on the main computer. Crashed instances all you need to do is launch the sequence again ( the one you did to load all up in the first place) and it will reload instances that are not present.

If configured correctly it is pretty much the best setup.

Jodwop, am I understanding correctly that with IS you can do something like click one shortcut and it will automatically launch any number of EQ game instances in any order you want them to?

If this is true I may go nutz and try IS even tho I have been using generic WinEQ for like five years now. Cuz the only problem I ever encounter with AutoLogin + WinEQ is the fact that I have to have the exact sequence of instances set in AutoLogin and match it exactly with what I manually open in WinEQ. That is to say, it throws a wrench in the works when I just want to log on 3x random toons and not my full 9x bot crew because they are out of sequence. So if I click out of sequence to AutoLogin it will just login whoever is first on the INI.

I have always wished WinEQ incorporated its own AutoLogin function so that it wouldnt matter!

I know some are diehard wineq users, but Autologin + Isboxer (Innerspace) will most likely cut out most if not all problems you have with trying to load up multi instances or crashed ones. Isboxer can be configured to not only launch a specific set of instances on the main computer it also can launch Innerspace on your boxes. Even set from just one click on the main computer. Crashed instances all you need to do is launch the sequence again ( the one you did to load all up in the first place) and it will reload instances that are not present.

Jodwop, am I understanding correctly that with IS you can do something like click one shortcut and it will automatically launch any number of EQ game instances in any order you want them to?

If this is true I may go nutz and try IS even tho I have been using generic WinEQ for like five years now. Cuz the only problem I ever encounter with AutoLogin + WinEQ is the fact that I have to have the exact sequence of instances set in AutoLogin and match it exactly with what I manually open in WinEQ. That is to say, it throws a wrench in the works when I just want to log on 3x random toons and not my full 9x bot crew because they are out of sequence. So if I click out of sequence to AutoLogin it will just login whoever is first on the INI.

I have always wished WinEQ incorporated its own AutoLogin function so that it wouldnt matter!

You make sets of teams basically. Choose which toons. So lets say you have your shaman, sk, ranger and wizzy as a team and later you want to load up only your shaman and necro, you have a 2nd profile made and launch that instead. The power of Innerspace( with ISboxer ) + Mq2autologin is a rock solid solution. Couple that with IS being able to launch Eq on other computers makes a serious boxers downtime getting setup almost null.

Last edited:

You make sets of teams basically. Choose which toons. So lets say you have your shaman, sk, ranger and wizzy as a team and later you want to load up only your shaman and necro, you have a 2nd profile made and launch that instead. The power of Innerspace( with ISboxer ) + Mq2autologin is a rock solid solution. Couple that with IS being able to launch Eq on other computers makes a serious boxers downtime getting setup almost null.

Damn dude, I hate doing new shit but Im going to have to give IS a try!

(it sux being a "set in your ways" kinda dude like I am! lol)

Are you using MQ2 with IS? The lack of macros for everquest is why everyone is still on MQ.

Make a new shortcut to use when you don't need to patch, it should run (from the same dir everquest.exe is in): eqgame.exe patchme

The patchme parameter is required to allow EQ to start, otherwise it'll just tell you to run everquest.exe.

Otherwise you could use wineq2 (with patch option turned off), or innerspace.

Ok, how to you add patchme parameter to eqgame.exe?

Figured it out -- made shortcut for eqgame.exe then clicked on short cut properties and added patchme at end of file target and everythings works great now. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

every time i add at end it says
the name'"C:\Program file (x86)\sony\everQuest\everquest.exe"patchme' specfied in the Target box is not valid. Make sure the path and file name are correct.

can some one show me what i am doing wroung. I have also used eqgame.exe with patchme and i get the same error. if i just run eqgame.exe it tells me to run everquest.exe.

your target path should look exactly like this:

Code:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony\EverQuest\eqgame.exe" patchme

It looks like you may have been missing the space before patchme