Asshats at SoE ....

Reaction score
The following is a direct copy of the emails sent back and forth via petition system about an issue that SoE itself created.

-----------------------------------

Customer (XXXXXXXXXXX) 11/23/2007 02:24 PM
Now that the old research system ino longer works (using pages and runes to make <55 lvl spells ) .. the only way to make these low level spells now is the new research system. I am researching on the combine server, to make spell Tepid Deeds for my enchanter, however one material componany in a sub combine is "raw fine hide". This items ONLY DROPS OFF MOBS IN BLIGHTFIRE MOORS. Are you starting to see the problem here... that expansion and the mobs are NOT available on this server yet. And wont be for a while i take it. There are many reseached spells that can not be made now on The Combine server .. because dropped items for sub sombines are not available due to expansion lockout. THIS IS NOT GOOD... I would like an explaination of what is being done to correct this huge oversight by the devs.

Response (GM Nessae) 11/23/2007 11:41 PM
Greetings Alcedonia,

Thank you for contacting Sony Online Entertainment. This is GM Nessae. I understand that you are unable to make the spell: Tepid Deeds as the required item is only available in the zone 'Blighfire Moors', and it is not available on the server. I am sorry to hear that you came across such an incident.

XXXXXXXXX, please note that in 'The Combine' server the expansion 'The Serpent's Spine' is not yet unlocked by the players in the game. As you know that 'The Combine' server is a progression server, it will take sometime to get unlocked. Until now, the above-mentioned expansion is locked. Hence, I suggest that you please wait until the expansion is unlocked for the players. Thank you for your understanding.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please write back and we will do our best to assist you further.

Regards,
Game Master Nessae,
In Game CSR - EverQuest

-----------------------------------------------------------

Customer (xxxxxxxxxxxx) 11/24/2007 08:49 AM
I'm sorry ... but the pathetic reply by a GM that was offered ... "just wait until the expansion is unlocked" is unsatisfactory. You're telling me ... that I can't do any spell research or get the needed spells for my enchanter... because SoE messed up and didnt take into account this problem. I don't think so... As usual I'm given a BS response SoE ...

Thanks for nothing SoE .. go take a long walk off a short pier. But hey.. what was i thinking.. after 5 years+ of playing ang getting BS responses from every GM i ever talk to when it comes to a problem.. why should i expect anything different now.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Response (GM Dinnap) 11/24/2007 02:54 PM
Greetings Alcedonia!

This is GM Dinnap. I can understand that you are not happy with the changes in the Reseach System, due to which you need to acquires some items from the expansion which is unlocked on the server. Unfortunately, we will not be able to make available the items of the recipe of the spell, and you have to wait till the expansion is unlocked on your server. However, you can send your feedback to our Feedback Team by using /feedback command in the game.

If you need any assistance in the future, please file a new ticket!
Wish you good luck and safe travels!
GM Dinnap

----------------------------------------------------------

Long and short of it ... apparently i'm screwed ... and they dont care even though its their fault. I'm sorry .. but telling someone to just wait until an expansion opens ( 2 expansions away ) ... for the ability to make a low level spell ... is rediculous.

Followup:

I've been told by a few people that these drops will drop in zones like Broodlands (not confirmed ) .. but are ultra rare there. Hmm.. confusion ... isn't Broodlands a 40 to 50 zone ??? BLIGHTFIRE at least is a 20 to mid 20's zone .. and like all the old research materials... was the proper level zone for farming items you needed for spells at/near that level.

So if its true ... I have to farm items in a zone 20 to 30 levels higher than me and my group ... to farm items for research i need for a lvl 24 spell ? .... Anyone else se the problem in this ?

But damed if SoE cares... as is apparent by the two GM responses.

I think you should have either posted on the SoE forums, or used /bug.

i think he meant instead of doing a petition, not your post here on the boards

aye, the 2 other mentioned methods are probably more apt to get results albeit not instantly. The petition system can't change the game if something is broken.

you would have better responce if you went to the eqtraders forem i think and posted there about it. i know the Trade skill Dev ngeth or some shit hangs out there alot and ive seen more then a couple fix's to TS stuff come from posts there that got his attention.

Why did you remove the name from your sending it to them, but not the first instance of them replying?

Greetings Alcedonia,...

/shrug

Why did you remove the name from your sending it to them, but not the first instance of them replying?

Greetings Alcedonia,...

/shrug

The XXXXX replacement was a replacement of my Account name ...

Thanks for the feedback all .. will take your suggestions .... and will try to pass this along to GM Ngeth ....

you would have better responce if you went to the eqtraders forem i think and posted there about it. i know the Trade skill Dev ngeth or some shit hangs out there alot and ive seen more then a couple fix's to TS stuff come from posts there that got his attention.

FYI: Ngreth is Naomi Denmother's husband and started Eqtraders with her, then got a job with SOE.

No justice like angry mob justice

Yes.. and you know all this because.. You.. smell of GM..

...!

Burn him!!!

Only kidding..

/calm

:rolleyes:

FYI: Ngreth is Naomi Denmother's husband and started Eqtraders with her, then got a job with SOE.