Apostrophe and Brackets not working in game

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeteyPablo

Rogues Do It From Behind
Reaction score
I run ISBoxer with Innerspace along side of MMO's MQ2. However my {,},],[,',",`,~ keys all do not work. I do not have anything mapped to them in ISBoxer. Anyone know whats the deal with these? Is it MQ2 or Innerspace?

Are you running Windows 7 with Media Player and a remote controller? That is what was causing my keys to not work. I had to disable the remote device in device manager to get them to work.

WOW. I totally am Anon456. I would have never thought of that. Now hopefully google will tell me how to disable them.

WOW. I totally am Anon456. I would have never thought of that. Now hopefully google will tell me how to disable them.

In Device Manager under Keyboards, update the "Microsoft eHome MCIR 109 Keyboard" to a "HID-compliant device"

Here's a screenshot: http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/1909/tilde.png

Restart the game if you had it open, and presto, now you can type tilde's and still use your remote.

That is what I did and it worked, can use all keys now and remote still works fine.

In Device Manager under Keyboards, update the "Microsoft eHome MCIR 109 Keyboard" to a "HID-compliant device"

Here's a screenshot: http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/1909/tilde.png

Restart the game if you had it open, and presto, now you can type tilde's and still use your remote.

That is what I did and it worked, can use all keys now and remote still works fine.

You know I have been plagued by this for years. I knew it was caused by the remote, I just didn't feel like unplugging the remote everytime I started EQ.

If this solution really works then I love you! lol

Although I will probably still type one character to the right in game out of habbit (you can still use the {}[] in game they are just shifted to the right one character on the keyboard).

Just tested and confirmed, TheOneX's method works perfectly. I hope people in the future find this thread instead of the other 4 htw linked. All 4 of those involve disabling or uninstalling the remote, this method leaves the remote functional and the keys in EQ work correctly.

awesome!

Just tested and confirmed, TheOneX's method works perfectly. I hope people in the future find this thread instead of the other 4 htw linked. All 4 of those involve disabling or uninstalling the remote, this method leaves the remote functional and the keys in EQ work correctly.

awesome!

Glad it worked for you :)

The point was, how you had never heard of it before. From now on, maybe you'll understand this response better: fuck off.

htw

The point was, how you had never heard of it before. From now on, maybe you'll understand this response better: fuck off.

htw

Lol touchy htw? :p Wasn't trying to make a quip at you, no need to be rude. I had heard of the problem before, did not say or imply that I had not. I've just never seen an acceptable solution to it that didn't involve either unplugging the remote, disabling it, or uninstalling it.

In any case this post has brought to light a much better solution than previously available to searchers who don't know about this and hopefully find this post in their search results.

Lol touchy htw? :p Wasn't trying to make a quip at you, no need to be rude. I had heard of the problem before, did not say or imply that I had not. I've just never seen an acceptable solution to it that didn't involve either unplugging the remote, disabling it, or uninstalling it.

In any case this post has brought to light a much better solution than previously available to searchers who don't know about this and hopefully find this post in their search results.
LOL, man we have known each other long enough - you know how we are in IRC, sometimes i just forget and hit you IRC guys up in the forums the same way. ;)

It is an annoying issue, I remember when I was in Oregon a couple months last year, and my HP entertainment laptop would do the same thing, since it had blueray player, IR remote control, etc. Lot of things like this, would be cool if we had some kind of notes or info setup within the wiki, but easy to point to or look at - I dunno, just something easier for everyone overall than searching through the forums.

htw

P.S.: Sorry for posting in locked thread ye mods/admins!

Status
Not open for further replies.