Anyone know a easy way to skill up defense on a toon?

gayknight

Reaction score
Just made a toon got it to 51 in about 6 hours. I got its casting skill up but trying to figure out if there is a easy way to get defense up.

I personally get my enchanters pet, duel the class i need skilled up. Let the pet attack that class. And get a merc on the class that is attacking (enchanter in my case). That merc will heal the toon being damaged...go to sleep. merc will not heal you in a duel, but it will heal the other guy (if your in a group)

Ok completely confused. My reading comp skill have gone down hill in old age.

You take your enchanter... who doesn't need skilled up. And attack the the toon that needs skilled up with the enchater pet right?

Ok then the merc thing lost me. Are the toons in same group and one merc( the enchanters merc)? And he will heal everyone in group right?

So in my case I have access to a mage. Get a lower lvl mage pet up and duel my chanter. Both be in the same group and have the mage get a merc to heal the chanter?

Is that how you do.

That is correct (assuming the enchanter is what you are trying to skill up).

In duels the merc will not heal the owner, but it will heal everyone else in the group. Thats the reason you get the person attacking to use the merc.

also do /docrack nomeleepush on so that the pet doesnt push you around.

Hope this helped

Thanks.

It may be too much for your current level, but if you level higher and still need skillups, the bastion of thunder mobs always skilled up defense fine for me.

Ty for the advice greatone. This is just a chanter I am pl'ing for someone for some cash. And I figured I do it right. But quicka s possible.

So far sitting here for last 40minutes letting a pet beat on the chanter and no skill ups on Defense.

Have you recently tried this method Demon? Or anyone else? Is a shaman pet bad choice?

Ah figured it out. Ty very much Demon again.

Might be starting a pl service on my server if I feel comfy in the amount of time I can get a toon from 1 to 85.

Sounds good, you gonna level a toon for me for free because of the awesome advice right =D

Have you recently tried this method Demon? Or anyone else? Is a shaman pet bad choice?

Make sure the pet is at least green con to the person needing skill ups. The type of pet doesn't matter.

just group with a bard pull massive train have the bard cast DA then gate/warp s/whatever. Leaving all the mobs for you to tank for 18 seconds. When DA is about up fade warp s whatever again. repeat every 2 minutes.