Anyone else crashing since yesterday?

I'm really not too sure. I doubt it's the zone files but do a complete file check on the patch server just in case. Also try deleting your version of MQ2 and re-downloading a new version. That might solve the problem.

I really hate blaming these things on something else because it normally is a MQ2 problem but it could be a hardware or video drivers problem.

Since your zoning so fast it could be overheating your video card or something along those lines. Try updating your video drivers.

Fry.

:p tbt this is a brand new cpu my brother just put together for me 2 weeks ago, have done all updating but ill try it anyway just incase going to updates now

when it 1st happened i thought it was eq so i have alrdy removed all ro files and reloaded then completly took out eq and reloaded then i also did the turn off sound thing eq suggested didnt work

updates

just ran windows update and only ones i need to do r software for media player could this be causing it?? should i go to my hardware sites and see if they have updates??
/sigh becoming annoying mostly because i cannot go to several places cus i cant zone to Nek or Ro i even tried walking to them did same thing

as far as i know have used to go from gh to icewell and no problems btw have my MB disk wish me luck:D

Last edited:
If I was having that problem, I'd unload MQ2 to see if thats causing the problem.

It it was i'd open up MacroQuest2.ini and start removing all plugins except for MQ2ChatWnd and restart MQ2/EQ.

If it wasn't i'd start on the path of EQ tech support.

I'd check that the video card fan and cpu fan is working correctly and not overheating.

I'd download the latest directx9 and reinstall it. I'd download the latest Nvidia or ATI drivers and reinstall them.

I'd delete those zone files and repatch them. I'd download a fresh version of MQ2 then i'd try and see if the problem is still there on a junk character.

I'd start reading the EQ tech support forum

If I still had problems I'd start running programs to test my RAM/Video Card and CPU to see if they are not faulty.

Fry.

Last edited:
If you have an AMD processor with Dual Core in it, you need to download a patch for it, not the regular upgrade of drivers, but a seperate patch, it's available at the AMD website.

And that patch doesn't work on all processors, FYI, like mine :( so I have to set affinity to only 1 core everytime I load EQ, which is extremely annoying.