Anyone else crashing since yesterday?

sonofcycle

Reaction score
Website
orangecow.org
Seems that suddenly mq2's become incompatible with EQ the last couple days. I've been using it for a while now, since the new version came out, and it's been working perfectly except now I'm randomly crashing in PoK and in PoTranq. I've rebooted and it's still doing it. Anyone else?

Please post your loaded plugins in MacroQuest2.ini.

It will more than likely be one of them.

Mittybug said:
How do we do that post Fry?

Open up your macroquest2 folder. Load MacroQuest2.ini in a text editor.

Scroll down until you see plugins.

It will look something like this

Code:
[Plugins]
mq2labels=mq2labels
mq2itemdisplay=mq2itemdisplay
mq2custombinds=mq2custombinds
mq2hud=mq2hud
mq2fps=mq2fps
mq2map=mq2map
mq2bzsrch=mq2bzsrch
mq2chatwnd=mq2chatwnd
mq2eqbugfix=mq2eqbugfix
mq2mmobugstools=mq2mmobugstools
mq2piggyzone=mq2piggyzone

damn i was hoping youd slip and post an ini showing all your uber plugins... :)

Bloodcell said:
damn i was hoping youd slip and post an ini showing all your uber plugins... :)

lol every plugin I have is posted on the site. Well except my Chuck Norris plugin, but i'll be releasing that soon :)

Fry said:
lol every plugin I have is posted on the site. Well except my Chuck Norris plugin, but i'll be releasing that soon :)

Chuck Norris plugin? What does that do? A double-back-round-house that looks impressive in camera, but in reality, misses by inches? :)

When I had MQ2Hail up, I crashed upon game entry.

Here's what I use.
[Plugins]
mq2labels=mq2labels
mq2hud=mq2hud
mq2fps=mq2fps
mq2map=mq2map
mq2bzsrch=mq2bzsrch
mq2chatwnd=mq2chatwnd
mq2eqbugfix=mq2eqbugfix
mq2piggyzone=mq2piggyzone
mq2mmobugsspeed=mq2mmobugsspeed
mq2preventspeed=mq2preventspeed
mq2nosummon=mq2nosummon
mq2nostun=mq2nostun
mq2memorize=mq2memorize
mq2doors=mq2doors
mq2copen=mq2copen
mq2cgank=mq2cgank
mq2spawnmaster=mq2spawnmaster
mq2switch=mq2switch
mq2mmobugstools=mq2mmobugstools

Earlier today I loaded spawnmaster and had it monitoring for "The Fabled". As soon as my group killed one of the fabled mobs, I crashed. I wonder if that had something to do with it? Anyway, after rebooting I haven't crashed since, it seems, and I also got the new compile, so that may have helped.

Yeah i'd say its mq2spawnmaster.

I think theres a cause of crash in it that we haven't been able to track down yet.

Do I?....

Do I drag all my mq2 pluging to the ini folder? I think this is what you mean. Will they just copy to there and stay in the regular folder or all move to there as a text file.

I'm so confused.

Thanks Fry for you patience.

No he means open your macroquest folder and open your Macroquest.ini file. Scroll down in that text file a little bit and you will see something like:
Code:
[Plugins]
mq2labels=mq2labels
mq2hud=mq2hud
mq2map=mq2map

it's below the [Aliases] section, just copy and paste it, OR just unload every single plugin and only use the ones you actually use.

i crash when lots of named mobs die using spawnmaster as well. i started using mq2targets instead.

EQ crashing

last week i went to use /zone north ro started my usual zoning then my system rebooted. Went to log back in to north ro cus i had made my destination. apparently i was stuck in zone cus it crashed my system again not to Desktop all the way out of system. Since i have avoided north ro , well it just happened again now in nek forrest. WTH any idea what i need to do to fix this problem?:eek:

its mq2spawnmaster. I think its cronic plugin can't remember off hand and don't feel like looking but there was added stuff to the plugin u have to remove in the cpp files before u compile mq. My guess it was not updated with the new zip that was compiled and posted.

Once I have a working version that I dont crash or anything I most times stick with it and dont change it unless thier is a huge patch for a new exe. Cause most times its just random stuff that has little change to mq and for people who just use it for map warp piggyzone and shit like that they don't have much of a use for little stuff devs from mq change.

Say what

:eek: i really appreciate your insite i just wish i understood what u said to do. Could u simplify your response a bit, maybe even hold my hand though it.:p lol seriously plz
Dani

/plugin mq2spawnmaster unload

thats what he is saying to do if you even have it loaded. If not then you have another plugin problem :(

Theres two north ro zones. The first one is the old zone, the second one is the new zone.

Code:
34=nro "North Ro"
392=northro "North Ro",393,382,384,22

You could of somehow zoned to the old zone. Thats only thing I can think of. I really haven't heard about a problem like this before unless it's some plugin you loaded like stated above.

Fry.

crashing

ok i am looking at my files for program what file do i need to look in?? <exact file name> i really do need a hand. and if this is the case about north ro then why would nek have done the same thing to me yesterday would it just be easier to remove program and load one that does work rite?? and if so could u lead me in that direction. Also once the problem is fixed will my North ro and Nek Forrest just start working or do i need to do something else like reloading those zones??
totally ignorant
also when it first happened North Ro was my destination, yesterday Nek Forrest wasnt my destination was heading to the hive