Any way to install a game on a thumb drive?

hoppy96pgtbs

( o Y o )
Reaction score
Curious if there is a way to install a game on a thumb drive and play it at work, aka government PC. I cant install the game at work but I installed it on the thumb drive and tried the cracked exe file. Any help is appreciated. thanks

Hoppy

It really depends on the game. Games like EverQuest work because they are self-contained (though good luck getting it to fit). Any games with system or registry depencies is certainly not a novice practice though, takes a lot of work.

Could just get a small self-contained USB housing for a laptop HD. The one I'm using is perfect, has a 60gb drive in it, slips inside my jacket pocket, and just slides into use whenever =)

Can you use that to play a game or w/e on a computer that u cant install shit on? That would be cool if so. I am going to Afghanastan soon and hopefully I can get something going where I can play what I want on their computers.

Could just get a small self-contained USB housing for a laptop HD. The one I'm using is perfect, has a 60gb drive in it, slips inside my jacket pocket, and just slides into use whenever =)

Does it need an external power source? If not, let me know what model you have!

I'll post the details soon as I get home and get the drive.

It's powered directly off the USB itself, but it does come with an additional power supply which improves performance.

You can use it to "install" applications on, just need to remember to set it up for manual drive removal, not fast removal.

Yes, EQ runs off of it, but your access times are a bit slower than an internal HD, but hey, it's an option =)

Easy fit

It really depends on the game. Games like EverQuest work because they are self-contained (though good luck getting it to fit). Any games with system or registry depencies is certainly not a novice practice though, takes a lot of work.

Was at the local computer store the other day. They had 8GB Thumb drives for under $80 and that is the normal thumb drives not the 1 1/2 inch by 1 1/2 inch micro drives either. Even EQ would fit on that.

One alternative I utilize all the time tho is my personal laptop. The place I work doesn't allow us to install either but we are allowed to use the wireless network on our personal PCs. I play EQ on my laptop from work over the wireless. Nothing like making $20/hr and playing EQ.

Ohhhh, 8gb for 80$??? That's a good deal, and much much more compact...

Was at the local computer store the other day. They had 8GB Thumb drives for under $80 and that is the normal thumb drives not the 1 1/2 inch by 1 1/2 inch micro drives either. Even EQ would fit on that.

One alternative I utilize all the time tho is my personal laptop. The place I work doesn't allow us to install either but we are allowed to use the wireless network on our personal PCs. I play EQ on my laptop from work over the wireless. Nothing like making $20/hr and playing EQ.

Lol, I know what you mean. I dont have access to wireless at work b/c it's a military installation. But after about 2 hours of refueling jets we have nothing to do till midnight so we play Guitar Hero 2 all day.