Another reason PlayerAuctions sucks

zdozbou

EQ Knowledge King
Reaction score
Got this email this morning:

Dear zdozbou:

Hello,this e-mail is from PlayerAuctions about your offer. Recently, we have found some of our sellers list their power leveling for sale offer in the “Item” classification. As we all know, the transaction fee of “Item” is 5% cheaper than “Power leveling”. If the order complete in the type “Item” instead of type “Power leveling”, we will lost about 5% transaction fee. And most important is our customer may be confused by the offer been placed in wrong classification.

We have checked your order which in completed in last 3 months. We found out following orders is power leveling orders which is list & completed as item orders.

EverQuest
Everquest Underfoot Flagging - Access to Tier 8 zones for 1 Character *Rathe*(1 UF Flagging)
1*1 UF Flagging
zdozbou

EverQuest
Everquest Underfoot Flagging - Access to Tier 9 zones for 1 Character *Rathe*(1 UF Flagging)
1*1 UF Flagging
zdozbou

After look into and calculation these orders, we decide to deduct $8.75 in your coming disbursement.

Last but not least, please do not place your for sale offers in wrong classification again, otherwise we have to do some severe punishment including fine or ban your account on PlayerAcutions.

Regards,
Season
PlayerAuctions

First off, flagging is -not- powerleveling. Second, there is no classfication for flagging, so Item seems the only logical choice (which is what everyone else uses for flagging as well).

Anyone else get hit with this?

Wow, that sux man. I dont use PA at all (because they DO suck hard) but that is a little retarded even for them. It is clear that the sell is for Progression Flags and nothing to do with PLing whatsoever. Using the "Item" category when there is no equivalent makes alot of sense because for each mission you complete you receive Brellium and Spells which are in fact items.

Bottom line tho, its PAs Playhouse and they can fuck you six ways from Sunday and you either bend over and take it, or leave PA. Not really any other recourse unless you happen to be a millionaire and are ready to take them to court over the $8.75 on pure principle. lol

They lost me a while back

I suspect the charge backs have been having an effect on the bottom line there because they are fucking everyone. In the long run it is bad business decisions like this that will eventually bring this site to its knees. If I was not too lazy I would actually organize a formal boycott for exactly this kind of thing. It is beyond my comprehension that these idiot Koreans are taking out their frustrations on their sellers, but a fool and their money are soon parted so good riddance PA. Sadly, they have had a bit of a monopoly on the taboo EQ trade. Someone should change that.

PA has indeed gone to pot. They used to be a great auction site and I sold a ton of EQ toons and stuff on that site back in the days when they actually had active forums---very useful for getting informal feedback on buyers and sellers.

Not to sound xenophobic, but what's up with the atrocious English, too? All that money and they can't hire staff even marginally fluent in English? Gives me the same trust "vibes" I get from mis-spelled and otherwise illiterate phishing emails!

Note: they even mis-spelled their own name at the end of that email! You sure it's even legit?

Last edited:
Consistently awful

PA has indeed gone to pot. They used to be a great auction site and I sold a ton of EQ toons and stuff on that site back in the days when they actually had active forums---very useful for getting informal feedback on buyers and sellers.

Not to sound xenophobic, but what's up with the atrocious English, too? All that money and they can't hire staff even marginally fluent in English? Gives me the same trust "vibes" I get from mis-spelled and otherwise illiterate phishing emails!

Note: they even mis-spelled their own name at the end of that email! You sure it's even legit?

Sadly that is very close to the e-mails I have received in the last 9 months from "Steve" or "Bill" or the alias of the day. They speak/write horrible english but try to conceal it with American names. They even pretend to follow/care about American events and Holidays to warm us up. Americans are so dumb we'd never see through that . . .

Season's real name is probably Kim Lee Park and she makes the equivalent of $8 usd a day working 18 hours sending e-mails like that to cover her salary.

I have no reason to believe it's not legit...there are no links in the email which means no phishing, so I don't see why someone would bother sending it if it weren't legit.

from Season Ji <cji@playerauctions.com>

Got this response earlier, after I tried to dispute the charge:

Hi zdozbou:

After we discuss and investigate, we think the “Item” means you can deliver it to your customer face to face in game. If you need to login customer’s account to do some “work” to get equipment, it is a “power leveling”. And most of mmorpg website assort this kind of “product type” as “power leveling”.

Regards,
Season
PlayerAuctions

Basically, they just forced me to stop selling there. I have under 100 feedback, so I do not qualify to sell "Power Leveling" services on their site. Even if I wanted to continue selling there, now I cannot. They basically just fucked themselves out of future cash from me. They aren't getting a dime from me over this, as luckily I had no money waiting to be paid out from them.

Hi zdozbou:

After we discuss and investigate, we think the “Item” means you can deliver it to your customer face to face in game. If you need to login customer’s account to do some “work” to get equipment, it is a “power leveling”. And most of mmorpg website assort this kind of “product type” as “power leveling”.

Regards,
Season
PlayerAuctions

Basically, they just forced me to stop selling there. I have under 100 feedback, so I do not qualify to sell "Power Leveling" services on their site. Even if I wanted to continue selling there, now I cannot. They basically just fucked themselves out of future cash from me. They aren't getting a dime from me over this, as luckily I had no money waiting to be paid out from them.

You should send them an email telling them exactly that. Sounds like they're idiots.

Let me know if you want some korean insults to add in there, too.

wow that is some serious broken english in the first post

Playerauction was bought by IGE a ways back. then IGE sold it to a Asian company.

This is why the bad English.

I doubt they realize that Flag selling is NOT power Leveling, but just needs it's own classification if they want to be picky.

Hi zdozbou:

Regards,
Season
PlayerAuctions

Well I can see why they do not want people with low feedbacks to sell power leveling. To much scaming going on and stealing of accounts if you do not deal with a trusted source.

But yes it does suck for the honest sellers that just want to make a buck.

I have never had an issue with Player Auctions, maybe I've been lucky. I'd probably avoid using them now though with everything I've read here.

:rolleyes:

Why not just advertise the service as getting them the drops from the flagging and as an extra bonus, if they order in the next 15 minutes, "because we can't do this all day" they will get their flags. Just a thought.