an ethical delema

loyal

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
ethics is a dificult subject for me, I still dont understand why it is an exploit to park the clerics under the bridge then pull the dragon over them to kill so they dont die from the aoe or get summoned. anyhow.

yesterday I had a small group pop in twice and ks Legendary swords.
They are stupid to steal nameds that way.

I farm named by logging in the middle of the night and checking empty zones or I check zones at the raid time for the major guilds. but to grab them as soon as they pop is pretty obvious.

as a cheater I am loath to report cheater but not so reluctant to report stupids

How would the rest of you handle it?

Last edited:
I have no respect for just reporting people to be dicks BUT, if they are hurting game play for others on purpose in some way. Send them on a vacation with a report that gets them suspended.

ethics is a dificult subject for me, I still dont understand why it is an exploit to park the clerics under the bridge then pull the dragon over them to kill so they dont die from the aoe or get summoned. anyhow.

I farm named by logging in the middle of the night and checking empty zones or I check zones at the raid time for the major guilds. but to grab them as soon as they pop is pretty obvious.

as a cheater I am loath to report cheater but not so reluctant to report stupids

I don't get any of this being "illegal."

Hiding behind some structure to avoid AE... that's legal.

Grabbing mobs as soon as they pop is entirely legal. /Warping to them the moment they pop, that's illegal but that's due to warping not the quick kill.

Kill-stealing is attacking a mob already engaged by another group of players. "There are no camps in EQ" and the rule has always been first to attack is entitled to the fight. If they can't handle it and wipe, then anyone else can attack, albeit it's always been an informal "rule" that the mob should regen to full health before being attacked. Not sure it violates the EULA NOT to permit the mob to regen but I think most players do that so nobody can accuse them of "exploiting" the damage done by the group that wiped. Most mobs today regen "out of aggro" so fast that it's academic anyway.

I have no respect for just reporting people to be dicks BUT, if they are hurting game play for others on purpose in some way. Send them on a vacation with a report that gets them suspended.

I think most of us agree with you. Also, if they are being obvious.....let them fucking burn. Those are the assholes that got stuff nerfed in the past. Tis the reason i stopped playing, everything good was nerfed by these ass potatos.

Last edited:
I'm with the OP. I have the same play style as him. I only do my dirt in empty zones, log in late at night or early in the morning on work days. This has happened to me, I was warping/zoning in my party setting up for a named kill and a group dropped in right on top of the named, killed it and left. I sent a message to a few of his characters letting him know that what he was doing was bad business and that he needs to cheat smarter or the next time he may get burnt.

If you don't petition them, make a level 1 character and send them a tell about being a jackass.

thanks for the perspectives, I dont agree with a strick first engaged, I was not playing my A-Team but rather a group of buff bots and while they can clear trash carefree they need to have all bufss and discs up to take a name. (my main can solo any argath named without a merc) and any group that clears a pops a named decerves time to prep to kill it.

That being said I a am vented and over it and gratefull for this forum that I could vent in without being a real dickwad

I don't get any of this being "illegal."

Hiding behind some structure to avoid AE... that's legal.

Grabbing mobs as soon as they pop is entirely legal. /Warping to them the moment they pop, that's illegal but that's due to warping not the quick kill.

Kill-stealing is attacking a mob already engaged by another group of players. "There are no camps in EQ" and the rule has always been first to attack is entitled to the fight. If they can't handle it and wipe, then anyone else can attack, albeit it's always been an informal "rule" that the mob should regen to full health before being attacked. Not sure it violates the EULA NOT to permit the mob to regen but I think most players do that so nobody can accuse them of "exploiting" the damage done by the group that wiped. Most mobs today regen "out of aggro" so fast that it's academic anyway.

I'm with you here. There are no camps in EQ , GM's say it all the time too. If the mob is engaged thats a different thing. Its harsh but your shit out of luck here, you should have moved faster on it. What you said has happened to me numerous times, nothing you can do really.