AMV in Anguish

Booges

Macro Master
Reaction score
Figured I'd just throw it out there and ask, what do you guys use strat-wise when fighting this guy. I think we know how to take him down, we just have a lot of idiots that don't know what CURE THE FREAKING DPS means.
Just curious how you guys handle the adds and if you split up the dps on amv and adds at same time. We have been trying him using the sk's and pallies to tag the adds as they spawn and putting all our rogues/zerkers/and monks and some wizzies on adds, while rest of raid dps's down AMV. We keep getting him down to 1% and wiping because our dps isn't getting cures.

Last edited:
AMV is a really easy easy fight.

1) we corner him in the zone in of the room area. At the arch.

2) Shamans are really good for dps groups, they should be in all your dps groups + tank (if possible)

3) Dont kill adds till AMV is dead. (atleast we dont) You have 2 groups of people set up to stake out the left direction and the right direction from the zone in of the room. Group consists of paladins/rangers/druids. Rangers are the only ones who need cures in that group the rest self cure. We snare/root and dot them if we use necro in that group for snare.

4) Everyone should have cure disease potions on them (your guild shaman can make these very easy). They can cure themselves of the Death touch with this if they dont have a cure type class in their group to do ti for them.

5) Burn AMV down. With the adds being handled by pallys/rangers/druids AMV is a joke. No longer than 3 min fight tops.

6) Range kill the adds. (bows/dots) absolutely 0 nukes or root breaks and someone is gonna get raped.

6 steps simple and easy.

We kill the adds 'cause AMV's dps isn't that horrendous, but adds will fuck up healers. Shamans use "blood of nadox" to cure their groups. Also, it should be spammed 'till you see everyone in your group is cured, since the poison dots can be resisted. Hence, you could cure yourself, but not your groupmates who didn't resist another dot. Other than that, there's really not a lot going on...

pepper must be in my guild =D thats exactly what we do.

FYI the potions have a recast timer of 2 minutes to cure which makes them fairly useless anymore. great for emergency though.

As a Rogue I prefer to be in a group with Shaman, but for lack of them I usually vollenteer to cure myself since I have Shield of the Immaculate from Hate (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=1138)

Basically what has been said. One group usually made of of mostly Rogues (my guild has minimum 4 on generally) on AMV, everyone else on the adds. And then once first add goes down, DISC AMV like nuts. Curing myself is usually the best way to go even though I lose DPS, I live, since there are other DOT's involved I know when to stop curing.

guild kills adds first before they start hitting hard then dps's amv while he is pinned in corner everyone is forced to buy cure potions 2 clicks on potion cures ae should only need one potion per fight if your dps is decent

Assign cures for everyone. Have people that can self cure, cure themselves necro's bards ect. We usually kill adds, everytime an add pops all dps moves off amv and kills add. Event isnt very hard just have to make sure everyone gets cured. Have people make hotbuttons if nessasary. Death touch is 1min? i think so plenty of time to get everyone in the raid cured.

The cure potions are no longer a viable win-all strategy for this encounter.

Have a shaman in your tank group, your cleric group, and main DPS groups.

Have your strongest geared Knight labelled offtank for the adds. They are low HP, kill them as they spawn. Do this to keep the entire raid close together so you can help everybody with cures. Rooting the adds spreads your raid up, and makes more possibility to die to the DT.

Have your pet classes keep their pets on AMV's focus. Chain summon if necessary because the pets will die. Keeping damage on the focus causes the adds to spawn less frequently and power up at a slower pace.

Ok cool, yeah I figured the cures were the reason we weren't winning, I hope some of these idiots get a clue and start curing.

We couldn't corner AMV in ent area cubby because like 20ppl go LD if they stand there, but I think we're going to go that route and stick those people on adds. Someone in guild mentioned putting pets on focus as well, think we're going to try that with 3 or so pet classes next attempt.

Thanks a lot for all your inputs guys didn't expect so many replies :)

AMV DEAD ! Thx again for all the info, yeah we just put all the people who go LD by the door on adds and tanked him there in cubby. It went a LOT smoother since he wasn't doing the shuffle all around the room.