Alarm/Alert plugin

myshieldwasduped

Reaction score
I am having a hard time finding the right plugin for handling alarms or alerts for certain events like PCs sending tells or saying things around my characters. I grabbed mq2customsound but i cant exclude pets or anything specific like that so it catches too much stuff. Basically I wanna be able to have a loud siren go off if anyone sends me a tell or says anything around my characters so I can run in to room and deal with the situation while afk botting.

Any ideas?

Could you not just use an Audio Trigger?

ive used eqwatcher for years ... takes some getting used to it but it saves me from reading and i can pay attention to what ppl are saying while watching tv.. if any one else out there uses eqwatcher or knows any thing about it id like to be able to have it read fellowship chat for me :p

Audio Trigger is a built in feature in the game.

Click on your EQ button, then Actions, then Audio Trigger.

Type in the keywork, select the sound you want, click create, bam done.

In this case you will want something like .......tells you, "

Either that or your being a smartass, dick!

lol... not being a smart ass, i had no idea EQ had a feature like that built in. Ill give all these ideas a shot. mq2customsound would work if you could just add some filters.

Audio Trigger is a built in feature in the game.

Click on your EQ button, then Actions, then Audio Trigger.

Type in the keywork, select the sound you want, click create, bam done.

In this case you will want something like .......tells you, "

Either that or your being a smartass, dick!

still run into the problem of PET speech because pets use the same "tells you," and that triggers the audio trigger as well.

You could use MQ2RelayTells and filter out pet tells, but that might be a little too out there (and would probably only work if you had 2 characters).

On the other hand, you could set relaytells to send the relay to yourself and set the audio trigger for that ....

You could use MQ2RelayTells and filter out pet tells, but that might be a little too out there (and would probably only work if you had 2 characters).

On the other hand, you could set relaytells to send the relay to yourself and set the audio trigger for that ....

I think you may be onto something there. I run a few characters so I could probably work this out.

On that point, is there a way to enable a plugin for only a particular instance of EQ? I have three instances running three characters. If I have two of them relay tells (excluding pets or others I want to filter) to my main character and then have mq2customsound trigger an alarm based on the relayed tells on the main character only, it would work.

If mq2customsound is active on all three instances of EQ, however, it would still trigger when the original tell came in on one of the other two instances.

I have never had a problem using different plugins for different boxes on the same computer. Just /plugin mq2customsound on the one you want, and not the others. If they are on different PCs even better.

I have never had a problem using different plugins for different boxes on the same computer. Just /plugin mq2customsound on the one you want, and not the others. If they are on different PCs even better.

Problem here is it gets saved in the macroquest.ini file. Then, when you load the toons up next time, it's loaded on all. That is of course if you run them on the same computer. If on separate computers, then this is not an issue.

so if i make sure it isnt in the ini, i should be able to load a plugin on one instance of eq and have the plugin only function for that particular instance?

Problem here is it gets saved in the macroquest.ini file. Then, when you load the toons up next time, it's loaded on all. That is of course if you run them on the same computer. If on separate computers, then this is not an issue.

Again, I have never had this issue happen when multi-boxing on one PC with 3 or more accounts. I regularly ran my 3 dps on one PC, using different plugins for each depending on what they needed, and never had excess plugins loaded up on the other accounts. When loading the next time, as you say, they load the plugins I wanted for them, and not the ones I didn't. I don't recall doing anything out of the ordinary for them, but I never had it load up plugins on login for an account that I didn't want it to.

You can always load / unload plugins inside the instance. If you do that, it only effects that instance. However, it still adds these changes to the MacroQuest.ini file, so you probably want to have a hotkey to set it back to your defaults that you want for all characters at the end of the session.

For example, if you wanted only 1 instance of relaytells, just load it on that character when you log in, and then unload it when you log out.

Either load the plugin by putting /plugin mq2blah noauto in server_toon.cfg, or load it each time manually via: /plugin mq2blah noauto

noauto makes sure it does not get written to the macroquest.ini, so it does not automatically load for any instance in the future.

server_toon.cfg are commands issued when you log that toon on that server into game.

htw

Last edited:
thanks for the help. think i can make this work.
Could you elaborate on what you've tried, and what does not work?

MQ2CustomSound, for tells, should exclude NPCs & your pet. If it doesn't, what is being said to you exactly (including the tells you, parts), that is triggering it? Or what is being said "around you" that is triggering an event?

For MQ2NameSay, it will alert only if your name is said (the first x characters, the default is 3 or 4, I don't recall.. but that is configurable). Is something not working right with that?

Thanks for info.

htw

this seems to be working!

One more thing: does anyone know of a plugin like mq2customsound that will monitor /bc for strings? I kinda dont want to relay chats via tell since that may look odd if anyone goes through logs.