AFK Wizard going OOM Super Fast

eqman22

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
So, I keep reading reports about how great wizards are for afk botting, etc. However, whenever I run my wizard with mq2bot, within a few minutes he is out of mana. He uses all of the harvest abilities (the AA and spell gem version) whenever they are up, and I use Claw of the Flameweaver to repop the spell gem version of harvest more often. My question is, how are people setting up their wizard bots to where they "never go OOM" as I have seen people claim? Currently, the only spell gem nukes I use are Ethereal Skyblaze, Claw of the Flameweaver, and Flashchar. Are there other nukes I should be using instead?

I love the wizard dps, but man, he seems to go OOM so fast that for afk botting it almost doesn't seem worth it if you are chain pulling with 0 down time.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Group with a cleric to quiet miracle your wizard :)

I'm not exactly current on it (in game actual playing), but my wiz, I found best results were various things, any little thing you could, via items/aa/etc.:

1 - increase mana pool
2 - decrease mana cost
3 - increase mana regen

Keep in mind your mana efficiency, also. Just because spell X does more damage, doesn't mean shit if it costs way more to use. I.e., DPS is NOT > all. For a burner like wiz, it's going to be efficiency with your group (except specific burn occasions, e.g. raid target low health, etc.).

htw

You need to setup the plugin to cast Claw line first that line has a 9% chance to refresh harvest timer and a chance to proc twincast buff. Your spell lineup can be

Claw
Cloudburst
Wildflash

or

Claw
Cloudburst
Ethereal

The key is claw you need to keep refreshing harvest to keep your mana up.

Yup, switching around the order of the spells (claw first) and adding my cleric to the group for quiet miracle pretty much makes him last forever now. Thanks tons for the tips, guys!