AFK macro in Murdunks?

Would an AFK macro work for Old Bloodfields? Lots of open room there

This would be the great spot to setup an afk macro right smack in the middle of the zone. I can't think of any zone that has more roamers than Bloodfields. With cc, you don't even need a pull mac, tons and tons of roamers. Only downside is they will be alot of light blue cons.

Just curious, but would you need to use advpath to setup the groups pathing to each new camp loc? ...

I modified AdvPath to have a window with some buttons so you could see the list of paths and points. Then I went through the zone I was doing monster missions in and recorded path segments that worked my way around the zone to the various pull points. For each move I had the lead use bc to issue commands to play the path segment.

The main problem I had was getting stuck on geometry.

MQ2Nav should be able to replace the pre-recorded pathing and you'd just need a list of spots and tell nav to get you there.

Just curious, but would you need to use advpath to setup the groups pathing to each new camp loc? ...

I modified AdvPath to have a window with some buttons so you could see the list of paths and points. Then I went through the zone I was doing monster missions in and recorded path segments that worked my way around the zone to the various pull points. For each move I had the lead use bc to issue commands to play the path segment.

The main problem I had was getting stuck on geometry.

MQ2Nav should be able to replace the pre-recorded pathing and you'd just need a list of spots and tell nav to get you there.

MQ2Nav is lifetime only so not an option for the OP.

cant get source at mq2 boards for those that suggest compiling your own

though ive never been clear on IF its possible or how to compile one plugin from there to work w an MMO compile , i always thought it was either theirs or this one, heaven forbid u make the mistake and cross reference a comment that has an MMO flavor over there theyll bite off your balls take your 1st born and rape your grandma, so i try not to ask too much over there :D

the Gouzah Safari task in morrals castle respawns if i remember correctly

safari mission posted on allah (good place to grind it seems)

NOTE: Unlike most instances in this expansion, all mobs in this instance (including named) DO respawn

in regards to can it be done to make group move up to you following the path you took:

anything that can be done in mq2 can be created into a macro if you have the time and know how. it is a matter of figuring out how you want to store and access the information. there are so many ways to do anything to get them to work and often times no one "right" way.

using adv path, you could just make a path, make an event command, make the event access the path when you give the command. you could have the macro auto check for paths based on time or character distance or whatever you fancy.

Pro tip for creating macros/includes: figure out what you need, your group set up, how you play, what zones you are intending to use it in, write out a paragraph on what you want to accomplish, and start there. Search (here, main mq2site, google). You probably arent the first person to have the idea and it is very common to see people post the same idea over and over throughout the years. Check the wikis for all the TLOs/members in case anything new was added. Make a checklist of routines you want to accomplish so you make sure to get them all.

Just a comment..

I can't code anything but very very basic stuff myself.
But i know for a fact that DEV's bots with the right tweaking and setup, can run afk for hours and hours. I myself can setup group in like SS (giant farm) and kill yellow mobs for basically as long as i want, without ever doing any thing.
I use EQBC to issue commands to other 5 toons, like warp, invis, follow, set camp, act.

I could easy imagine that DEV could combine or ad a function to combine normal bot group with a path. Only 1 bot (controller bot) would have to move to a waypoint, and then issue the warp command to the others in EQBC.
I would say that a zone like feerrott could be covered in like 4 camps.

I often use a pull range of 600 with hardly no problems.
The biggest issue i can think of with long range pulling is HIGHT issues.
When i use auto pulling on bots, they tend to have problems with high/low.

Maybe i haven't figured that part out yet, otherwise that would need some work i think, since there is very different nights in feerrott, and also water and stuff.
But I'm sure it's doable for people with skills like Devestator and others alike.
Anyway, hope to see a bot/macro that could use an instance with respawn, that could run very well, since i haven't found any yet that works.

Just a comment..

I can't code anything but very very basic stuff myself.
But i know for a fact that DEV's bots with the right tweaking and setup, can run afk for hours and hours. I myself can setup group in like SS (giant farm) and kill yellow mobs for basically as long as i want, without ever doing any thing.
I use EQBC to issue commands to other 5 toons, like warp, invis, follow, set camp, act.

I could easy imagine that DEV could combine or ad a function to combine normal bot group with a path. Only 1 bot (controller bot) would have to move to a waypoint, and then issue the warp command to the others in EQBC.
I would say that a zone like feerrott could be covered in like 4 camps.

I often use a pull range of 600 with hardly no problems.
The biggest issue i can think of with long range pulling is HIGHT issues.
When i use auto pulling on bots, they tend to have problems with high/low.

Maybe i haven't figured that part out yet, otherwise that would need some work i think, since there is very different nights in feerrott, and also water and stuff.
But I'm sure it's doable for people with skills like Devestator and others alike.
Anyway, hope to see a bot/macro that could use an instance with respawn, that could run very well, since i haven't found any yet that works.

I believe the OP was after a spot he could run an AFK macro. One where he sets it running and then goes on holiday to Hawaii while his characters get to level 95 without him. The need to have a "Controller Bot" or Master is not in his original design, nor for that matter the replies.

Last edited:
I believe the OP was after a spot he could run an AFK macro. One where he sets it running and then goes on holiday to Hawaii while his characters get to level 95 without him. The need to have a "Controller Bot" or Master is not in his original design, nor for that matter the replies.

Putting some interesting words in my mouth. :p

I have a controller bot that runs my warrior. All he does is ask for buffs of other toons, that's all. I don't even have the ability to mez adds automatically.

the Gouzah Safari task in morrals castle respawns if i remember correctly

The Gouzah Safari task does respawn. But as I recall, it's got like a two hour completion window (the clock says the normal time 5 plus hours, but it boots you out if you don't finish in approximately two hours).

So what zone/instance/task gets the vote for the best afk spot?