Account with no SQ Answer... what to do?

SiegeTank

Lifetimer
Reaction score
I "inherited" an account with a nice toon on it but the answer to the secret question has been lost. Same thing with all the other ID info, original CC#, birthdate, etc. In short, I can't change the password or the email since both require answering the secret question.

Got the toon from a guildie, he's leaving the game for good. He got it from someone else who's long gone. And so on and so on.

I can use it strictly as a buff-bot and enjoy it while it's mine. I'd like to work on it and improve it but clearly I'm concerned about security. At the moment it could be ganked back by anyone who used it before and has access to that email account. Right?

Any suggestions for what to do? I don't believe I can move the toon to a new account without the secret answer, correct? So there I am, with a nice toon and no way to secure it. But at least the price was right...

:confused:

Pretty sure you dont need the SQA to move it to a new account. Although , name on the account has to be the same

That's kinda surprising since it would be an end-run around the whole point of the SQ.

Anyone move a toon between accounts recently? Did you need the SQ answer?

I did , and i didnt need the SQA , hence why i said it :p

When moving characters between accounts, billing information must be identical on both accounts and you must be the original owner of both accounts. You may use the credit card on file or submit a different credit card using the Billing Information fields. If the credit card holder is different from the holder of the card on file, please enter a short explanation in the bottom field. If you have only paid for your account with a Game Card, you must submit a credit card using the Billing Information fields.

A character cannot move more than one time every six months, and a maximum of only eight characters will be permitted to move every six months per account.

I am kinda thinking about buying an account, but like to be able to transfer the toon to a new account the same day. That quote is from SOE's character transfer terms and conditions. I read some FAQ's here on doing this, but they seem outdated.

Billing information on both accounts must be the same. From the post here, I am told to use game cards, but from SOE's terms, you must use credit card billing infomration for transfers. Am told to leave the billing info from privious account holder in and also to use it on the new account I make. Once transferred, either I cna change the billing info right away or after 3 billing cycles. Wouldn't using the other person's billing information and my my credit card number get the payment rejected from my creditor?

Some of the accounts I look at, I think probably they transferred their charactor to a new account. Many even state that they did, so if it hasn't been 6 months since they did it, then I cannot transfer the character myself. Until that happens, would seem at any given time, they can snatch the account back.

Just make sure your card is on the old account. Not that it matters , i bought a char and had it moved to a new account by the original owner , and only needed the name the same going via instant

So... to be really clear in MY situation...

The account I inherited now has MY credit card paying for it, for the last two subscription cycles.

I buy a new account with the same expansions, put the owner name from other account and set up the subscription with MY credit card, i.e. the same one I'm using to pay for the inherited account. Set up a new Secret Question to which I have the answer.

Then I use Sony's website to order a transfer of this toon between accounts, paying for it with the same credit card.

In theory this should go thru fine, all nicely automated, and I won't need to answer the original Secret Question? Presumably once the transfer goes thru, the toon will now be tied to MY email and MY Secret Question/answer for all relevant purposes?

Is that all ko-rect? :)

I did this once and the original owner came back and wanted his toon back. Owner threw a fit and told SOE his account had been stolen. Both old account and new account were banned.