account suspended

loyal

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I have two issues both were posted about a couple weeks ago with no responses.
in the last month one of my accounts was suspended. This morning that one and 2 others were suspended for cheating. Two of the accounts had not been out of the bazaar since last years Anni events and since the new expansion all have been logging to ggh to run overseer .
It appears they now can detect and ban/suspend for mq2overseer
any knowledge of this?

my other issue is a nuisance but not dangerous On of my account can only click and expendable (like a spell gem) and clicks stop working until I zone or relog

• Wow
Reactions: EQDAB
They have the ability to detect mq use. They are specifically looking for things that are faster than a normal person can do it. Overseer would fall into that category with collecting and doing new missions super fast.

They not hitting everyone who is guilty probably due to keeping everyone on toes and not wanting to affect their revenue stream.

• Sad
Overseer starting to look scary
there is the plugin i believe there is a macro version as well, maybe the plugin is getting tracked, all speculation of course but yea sucks if thats the case

As I said before when I got 1st suspension like the week after ToL launch (1st wave) I unloaded MQ2Overseer as there was a spread of possible detection culprits, I got suspended regardless 2 more accounts on this wave and haev only used ingame overseer manually, so the only way I can think overseer could be related to detection is that they would indirectly gettign information from the client through the ingame overseer itself, not the plugin.

My theory, as valid or invalid as any other is:

A. They can detect MQ2 directly or indirectly client or server transaction side
B. They cross candidates from A with playtimes and basic easy to query not 'what a human player would do for so long/often/quick'
C. Past a threshold you get a 'lottery ticket', each 4 weeks more or less they draw 5-10% of numbers and voilà.

I really hate to throw out ambiguous information, but this seems like the likely cause at this stage from those who I have talked to. We are going to have to make changes to the plugin to change delays and putting a warning on it.
I am doing overseer WITHOUT MMO/MQ2 RUNNING, and have unplugged it in the carriage tray until we can get a pause put into it. Then I turn on MQ2 and start playing because "playing EQ normally is like chewing on tinfoil"

I just had one of my accounts suspended and she was foraging in a older zone for chunks of ice. The second account was most likely doing overseer in gh I wasn't on the accounts at the time a friend had them logged in

I have used overseer but was unplugging it other times turning it off, mostly because it lagged me out so bad when it looked for quests , wonder if thats what is sending out red flags

I have been using MQ2Overseer for months. None of the 40+ accounts I login ( some mine, some guild members I'm trying to help level ) have been hit.

I do NOT stay logged in 24/7 on any accounts.

I switched over to next about 6 weeks ago, and about 2 weeks ago I slowed down the evaluation loop from 100 ms slices to ~1s slices.

It still does not 'play like a human' but its not quite so super human fast. Which also means you kind of need to just let it do its thing for about 2-5 minutes.

If enough people want the slower version I'll coordinate with the Fry and company.

I am doing overseer WITHOUT MMO/MQ2 RUNNING, and have unplugged it in the carriage tray until we can get a pause put into it. Then I turn on MQ2 and start playing because "playing EQ normally is like chewing on tinfoil"

/Agree 100%

with my still active accounts I had disabled starting quests and taking rewards. overseer still evaluates and every minute or 3 I cash a reward or start a quest hopefully mq2overseer can be adapted to emulate a human

with my still active accounts I had disabled starting quests and taking rewards. overseer still evaluates and every minute or 3 I cash a reward or start a quest hopefully mq2overseer can be adapted to emulate a human

A human cant do it 24/7

A human cant do it 24/7

This would be a fairly easy metric for them to look at since they are collecting/showing your total quest completion times.

It seems kind of strange for them to pick that particular metric though when the same thing could be adapted to catch the 24/7 afk crews. What you've been killing 20+ mobs an hour for 46 of the last 48 hours ... ?

I saw a discussion on the this macroquest discord:

Krad: Inactive accounts ( since the last wave ) are known to be suspended this wave?

Dannuic: Yeah. There's a couple reports of that happening.

Implying that what ever data they flagged the accounts was not cleared, and you might have gotten a 2nd suspension for the first infringement.

Reactions: MissTerious
We had a quild member that was not online at the time of the last round and got hit. He got home Did not launch MQ2 and got hit on the second wave but only for 7 days again. It's like they forgot they hit him the first time. Ignored all Petitions he did from a non-suspended account.

I have not been using it since the first one I got and am hating life without the map. If I get hit again after stopping, I will go back to using it since it doesn't really seem to matter if we change or not.

Still ticked that I got hit and others didn't. Not that I wish a suspension on others it should just be either all get hit or nobody does.

Has anybody here been kicked out of a raiding guild for getting suspended?
I know some guilds claim nobody in their guild uses anything and if you do you will get booted. But if this keeps going, they will have to acknowledge that the real answer, is they just did not know that they were because they were being subtle about it instead of actively broadcasting their activity.

Try out SEQ. Forget the full name but its a map. If you are tech saavy you can set it up to do a man in the middle packet sniffing kind of thing to make it nearly undetectable. The other option is to run it local on the same PC where it is detectible but .... mapz =)

I think it's worth calling out too that my understanding is that DBG has the ability to link accounts. AKA, I've had clean accounts suspended in the past because my MQ accounts were linked. I think they use a combination of things such as IP, hardware ids, patcher information, etc. So keep that in mind when trying to correlate what may or may not have contributed to suspensions.