Account Security

Ioannis

Reaction score
A little guide I made that was accidently erased from the buy/sell section, recovered by pullzem.

Helps with all kinds of account issues, renames and moves, etc.

Best thing to do is CALL SoE and give them a reason why you have to move the char by petition. If you're reasons are convincing they'll send you an email to respond to.

How you fill out that form is important. I just did a sale and the xfer was declined because of the acct info. I followed the instructions on the first post for another char/account I bought here and it went through without a hitch (aside from the waiting time)

If you just want to server xfer a char just go into the acct management tool and add your CC as a billing source. If you use a Visa or Mastercard you can fudge a bit on the account info. Visa and MC are transferable as long as the ZIP CODE agrees with the code on your correct billing address. You can put Jean Luc Picard, Rigel, XXXXX. As long as XXXXX is your CC billing zip it will go through. Add the card using the orig owner's name and address and your zip code. The billing system should accept it.

Now when you go to do the xfer the billing info will match and as long as the toon is xferable via instant xfer you're golden.

If you can't use the auto system (char moved within the last 6 months) you can still call SoE and give them a sob story (I xfered to XYZ server to join a guild - my mistake sob sob. They didn't want me now I'm stranded on this server with no friends or money for bus fare.. Can I please move to ABC so that I can play with the big kids?) They'll email you a form to respond to with the info they need. Since you're contacting them in the name of the registered owner (The name that appears on the acct mgmt page) and your billing info is what's current on the acct you should have no problem. Just have to wait for them to get to it in the queue.

Xfering accts is a bit tougher. You'll need to engineer the billing on both accts to reflect the same information. The registered name can't be changed but the rest all needs to match.

You will need to call them and convince them that you're somehow related to the original/registered owner of the account: My ex, My son/daughter (if you're convincingly old enough) or parents usually works best. Be prepared to give substantial info - possibly incl the DoB listed when the acct was opened.

Once you've "secured" the acct to their satisfaction you'll get that same email form to fill out.

You can easily just send in a message through the station site.

(url above: http://help.station.sony.com/cgi-bin...ted=1184906349)

Explain to them that you cannot move the character via the auto move method.

And include all the info from my original post.

There are new cc registration securities in place, so it might be tricky to but random information (that is not yours, or attached to your cc).

So this is just a little guide I cooked up, and I will update on.
Unfortunately I will not be putting everything I know, simply because it is not safe in the public’s hands.

Server to Server / New Account ( non auto / auto method ), can also be used to move to a fresh account ( a new account needs to be done in the same way, so that both active subscriptions are the same ).

** This method also worked for me when using the auto move method **

Personally I use the petition system for a move; however this is only of use if you cannot use the automated service.

Billing History

Select view all.
Scroll down to the first subscription, you will see:
John Doe
123 Peterson Way
Albany, NY 02112
US

Save this and go to,

Account

Go to "My Subscriptions", then under Everquest click "view/edit".

Login and cancel the subscription,
Resubscribe with a CC.
Enter your CC type and number, everything else should be the John Doe information.

Do not cancel the subscription on the account until your moves are completed.

Go to Knowledge Base

Login via email.

They answer petitions for moves 24/7

Petition for a character xfer with this info ( however use the John Doe info, except on your CC and account name(s) and character name(s):

Station Name:
Email Address:
Phone Number:
From Server:
To Server:
Number of Characters:
Character Names:
Transferring To a New Account? :
Name of New Account:
Transferring with items? :
TOTAL (Please Verify Based on Above Information):
Name on Credit Card:
Credit Card Number (Full Sequence):
Credit Card Type (ex. Visa):
Credit Card Expiration Date:
Credit Card Address Line 1:
Credit Card Address Line 2:
Credit Card City:
Credit Card State or Province:
Credit Card Country:
Credit Card Zip Code:

** Enter as many CC's on the original and new account that you have ( only last 4 and name on cc needed ).
Ie: John Doe and your last 4.

** Might help to go to LON Pretend Purchase

Add one 3 dollar card set, add to cart and then hit check out.

You will see: Use Existing Card
If you have previously purchased a game through your Station Account we already have your card on file:, in the drop down menu should be some CC's on file that could come to use.

And you’re good.

** This info does not guarantee a move for everyone, however it works for me. I have moved characters off accounts without have any CC info using these methods. Doesn’t always work but has worked almost 100% for me. **

Free Namechange

When using the automove method simply create a character with the name of your toon on the server you are moving too ( on a different account ), it will request you select a new name before you are charged for the move.

When using the petition method, simply create a character with your name on the new server ( on a different account ) and petition for the move. When you recieve the x, login the character with your characters name until the namechange goes through.

SoE now tries to block these name changes, so when trying to get a namechange via this method it would prob help to level the blank toon with your name a few levels. Would also help to keep this blank character on through the entire process.

Some simple stuff that helps

How to see characters on an account that is inactive:

Go to EQ Players

Click the "sign in" button and login.

Go to characters > All characters on your account are listed.

Recovering your account without the account name

Call Sony and provide them with the account CC number, or the character name. They will only give up information on an account if you have the CC numbers. If you are using a CC you will need the first and last four digits, also the name on the card is required. This information will get you your account name / pass reset.

Sony's number is 1-(858)-537-0898, when you call theres alot of welcome to Sony bullshit.. just hit 3, wait a second, hit 1, wait a sec, then hit 2. Thats 3,1,2 to get to the EQ department.

New SoE account manager in place!

I suggest everyone visit,

New Account Manager

And look into your account information,

Everyone now has all cc's and etc listed in a simple menu.

When you buy things from now on, you will have all of the previous cc's available to you ( starting at 2005/2006).

They dont care about the name registered to the account, just that the initial name used is shown as the latest on both active account subscriptions.

When entering the card information for paying a subscription, just put your CC with the name and address of the original owner.

Should work fine, I just did a move after the patch and worked for me.

how do you login via email now with the new system
it now requires you to log in with your account name
is it still the same?
I just used the email service in knowledge base to request character transfer
still no answer yet
maybe not 24/7 anymore

or I have to use the in game petition service to request character move?
PS: the automatic system wont let me transfer character

This link should let you login via email:

http://help.station.sony.com/cgi-bi...yq_upd.php&p_iid=1182448&p_created=1184906349

Last edited:
Well written and thanks, because I recently purchased an account and it has only 3 years veteran rewards on it at the moment, but another account I own has 10+ years. I sent an email to transfer a character ( eqcharmoves@soe.sony.com ) from this new account using the template above and all they really ask for is past information (all accessible from payment history), and security answer from each account. It takes a few days to get a reply, and once you do from that point on everything is handled via the ticket on the site.

nice post

Nice post man i was interested in xfering a char accross servers but was a bit skidish about it not knowing what would be said if the account was in another name before me. thanx for the info

The line through their name means they were banned.
Good sticky, but I don't think they will be seeing your appreciation.

The line through their name means they were banned.
Good sticky, but I don't think they will be seeing your appreciation.
HEHE. That was almost 8 months ago. ;)

Also, the one you are replying to, is no longer a premium+ (notice pink name), so they won't see your response. :p

htw

holy cow.
Why the heck woud it show up in new posts. Coud have sworn it wa a yellow name lastnight too.
Bleh

Does this advice still work regarding transferring a purchased character to a new account? I see people saying they still do it but I also see reference to procedural changes at Sony that makes it much harder. In short, does this now require the petition method and good luck in getting a CS rep who doesn't ask too many questions?

had a problem with /petition but i gave him all the original information, it was my account... and the CS still said i needed to call in and talk to someone. I petitioned again and got a different GM that said try and transfer the toon now. worked fine

Ive transfered alot of toons and basically, make sure the name on the account you want to transfer to is the same as the account that currently has the toon on. Ive done this method with CC #'s being different (the old account had someone else's CC for the current billing and the new one had my CC #) The emails have been completely different as well. The only 2 things I've used that have matched are the Name and the Zipcode. If the transfer is not instant, then I'm not sure on the petition info they ask since all of mine have been while instant was available.