ability check

dulak

Vagoo!
Reaction score
I'm looking for a few lines of code that I can add to a macro to cause it to pause what it's doing long enough to make sure a rogue is hidden before it continues with what the macro is supposed to do. The macro in question doesn't already have the check in it and I think it'd be well needed.

Untested of course. would need a /goto :Hide wherever it is you need the check.

Code:
:Hide
     /if  (${Me.State.Equal.[Hide]}) { 
     /return  
     } Else { 
     /doabilty "Hide"
     /goto :Hide
     }

That will check if your hidden, if your not, it will Hide.

I just want it to check to see if I'm hidden or not and if I'm not hidden, I want it to keep trying until I am then proceed with what it's originally supposed to do. No PP or battle involved.

Ahh, my bad, i thought you wanted it to do a CA after hiding

Nope lol. I just want it to make sure the toon is hidden before going on and if the toon isn't hidden, to unhide and rehide until he is lol

Code:
:Hide

/if  (${Me.State.Equal.[Hide]}) { 
     /return  
     } Else { 
     /doabilty "Hide"
     /goto :Hide
     }

i did edit my earlier post, test this :)

Many thanks. Will do once the compile is up. I'm trying to add it to the slipgear mac. Gonna test it before I upload it lol. If it works, it'll be better for those who want to twink their toons from the start and not have to worry about hide failing.

Many thanks. Will do once the compile is up. I'm trying to add it to the slipgear mac. Gonna test it before I upload it lol. If it works, it'll be better for those who want to twink their toons from the start and not have to worry about hide failing.

After you check to see if it works please send me a PM or repost here as I have done work/am working on the Wanderlust aug macro in this forum. Would be nice to add that as an option for those that don't want to buy the stack or so of invis pots (still requires the invis to undead). Thanks in advance

Also wanted to note that you mentioned new toons using this IE low level rogue. Consider the fact that low level rogues more then likely will have a pretty high failure rate and when you do the check inbetween /warp'ing to the next location instead of having them try to hide again if no longer hiding /warp them to a safe location to reinvis before moving to the next step of the /warping process

Well I've done this mac as a lvl 5 shroud and the hide stays between zoning so once it says you're hidden, you're golden. Not once was I seen. I'm gonna test this later on tonight, gotta do some other things irl first though. If it works good, I'll post it, if not, I'll figure out where the bug is as it will probably be in the spot I'm adding.

Well tried it and it loops and does nothing else. Doesn't even hide. I'll figure something out over the next few days...

Shrouds use a different term for hiding (other than "hide"). I don't have that info handy, but try using the actual name of the shroud ability.

i did say its untested, im not in EQ so much these days, will see if i can get someone to take a peak at it

its a problem with my 'else' line, i havent used them much, not sure if it needs another /if command in it or not, looks like it should read right tho

you can use this as an sub event

Code:
 /if (${Me.AbilityReady[Hide]} && ${Me.State.NotEqual[Hide]}) {
 /doability "Hide" 
}
/return

I made a rogue.. lvl 3 .. and did hide

he shows invis

/echo ${Me.State.Equal[Hide]}

comes back false

I think thats where the problem is

unless the baby toon is too low and its not seen as hide

/ponder

and than add an "hide" check in macro that calls the sub if not "hidden"

just a quick thought i have atm

if that returns false, even when hidden, then yea, it would loop eternaly, Hmmmm what ${ME statement is it then :p