What would be the most capable 12 box tzam for doing raids? I currently have;

Warrior 105 max aa 13k+AC unbuffed
Enchanter 105 max aa
Cleric 105 max aa
Shaman 105 max aa
Mage 105 max aa
Rogue 105....
Wizard x3
They are all max level and either max aa or very close, geared in TDS T3 group or better. All are all-access, but I will probably drop down the caster to ftp or 6 all access 6 ftp.

I also have a ranger for the 10th box, lvl95ish till I get some quest done, but can get him to 105 max aa easily once I decide to.

Was thinking of adding on another cleric for additional staying power and back-up to my current healers.

And then maybe a paladin for backup tank+healing?

I think I got enough dps and just need to make sure my dps stays alive. I want to do old raids, but not so old that you can almost solo it with a 105. Is a second tank needed or can my mage pet actually fill that slot? Or maybe when my ranger is in comparable gear to warrior, ranger can be offtank.

Open to opinions, what be the most useful last two bots?

Last edited:
Personally I would say a bard/druid would be a good complement to your current 10

building my 2nd group for similar, currently.
I planned to have available :
2 tanks
2 dedicated tank healers (clerics)
2 group healers (druid + sham, for their own additional utility also)
1 enc
1 bard
wizs / mages for dps

I had melee dps and had issues with the bot working, caster dps doesn't need positioning.

What were you planning to use to control them? MQ2Bot works great for groups but every time I hit an issue like balancing damage, or other mechanics, I have to stop using the bot on toons that do those tasks .. then I'm stuck manually or finding a replacement control system.

What raids were you planning to target? Personally I was interested in more recent stuff, say RoF/VoA onwards. I see folks saying CTOV has a few dragons that are possible. All the other stuff I see people suggest tends to have mechanics that look tedious, like killing trash to get clickies to move carts, or so on.

Last edited:
Not sure about bard/druid. I'm all about pure class, not a weaker healer that is also good dps. For the stuff I'll be doing, my dps as is will probably do so I want a second cleric.

Bard, difinitely thinking about it, but running a second tank may be needed where as a bard is something...I have to think about.

I am running devbots on all my accounts. It reacts very well to assist and my melee 's move around great. I plan on playing the warrior.., unless bard. So group 1 warrior and whatever, group 2 palidan and whatever. If I gotta balance the kill, would assume can set half my dps to assist Pali and then let that group engage and then manually control the warrior, choosing self as target so dps assiting the warrior stop their dps till balance.

Sorry, typing on my phone while on vacation in Costa Rica. Sadly, can't wait to get home and play EQ

Last edited:
I use to go to Central America alot. Love Costa Rica, but v this trip I got into a car accident. Luckily no one was hurt and I opted for full coverage on the rental and looks like it's not going to cost me anything. So very glad I got full coverage. Unrelated to the accident, I bumped my head hard and got a bad cut which required stitches. Also lost my atm card so have borrow money for the rest of the trip. Through it all, the Costa Ricans have been great and love Costa Rica, but I am reasy to go home.

Add
Pally - Heals/cures/off tanks/back up rez
SK - Self heals/off tanks/ae agro/cc
Bard - Just cause they are bad ass

Drop
Wiz The added dmg the bard will add would remove the dps loss, but give you more versitility

Think I am set on Pali and cleric. I am running a rogue and ranger, but only other melee type is warrior and soon to be pali, so not too sure losing a wizard to add a bard will make up for not having all three wizards+mage in a group with my enchanter. As far as I know enchanter amp casters. Bards amp melee. Pulling wise, my warrior pulls great and I don't bother with splitting. Especially if I will now have two clerics and a shaman healing. My warrior will just go toe to toe till enchanter ae mez's.

I just want one off tank so it's either pali or sk, but not warrior as I want better ae agro. Think pali will be great for me.

Another objective I wanted for the 12 box is that it can be split into two self sufficient teams so I can run one (or both) on auto while playing the other in a completely different place. Would be mising cc for one group, but I think if they're farming on auto, that's not really needed.

Ok, maybe drop one wizard for a bard. I just hate replacing something I spent time on.

Last edited:
Bards have songs to amp mêlée, spell dps, spell heals.
Also obviously auras, echos, regen, resists, resist débuts, mêlée slow and a bunch of other stuff.

I find them a bit annoying, but they are very important feature sets to have in raids.

Add
Pally - Heals/cures/off tanks/back up rez
SK - Self heals/off tanks/ae agro/cc
Bard - Just cause they are bad ass

Drop
Wiz The added dmg the bard will add would remove the dps loss, but give you more versitility

You should drop the mage instead of the wizard. A wizard will probably outdps the mage by 1.5x currently with TBM aa/spells.

Ya, a lot of time magebot falls behind in DPS compared to wizbots unless magebot can always cast his rain spells. When he can, he compares very well with just casting alone, add in his pet and he actually out DPS'd wizbot.

Still, CoTH for group is too useful for me to give up the mage. Then I remembered I am going to FTP some accounts anyway so will just 13box. Although I am trying to do this from a single laptop with two screens. i7 4720 2.6ghz 32gb ram. Already running below 10% ram with 10box, but a lot of my accounts are running way more fancy than it needs to be.