1 year all access memberships on sale now

ticker000

Reaction score
I didn't see this posted anywhere else so I thought I would mention this for those who may visit this site but not the everquest homepage. Currently DBG is having a sale on 1 year all access memberships. Now through 11:59 Pacific time on Monday August 29th, 1 year memberships are only $71.99 US which turns out to be less than $6.00 US a month. It's probably the best deal I've seen in a very long time.

https://www.everquest.com/news/all-access-12-month-membership-sale-august-2016

Wow this company is desperate for money. Will they make it through the next 12 months? how can they afford to survive with such cheap plans. They are already running on the shortest staff possible.

It's hard to say how much of a desperation move this is. There are a lot of really good reasons to throw a discount like this out there.

1) They could be thinking that there are a lot of free to play accounts that would go all access by throwing out this deal. In this case, it's money they would not have received otherwise.

2) Would some people who otherwise would pay $15 per month go the cheaper route and get this deal? Sure, but if time value of money teaches us anything, it's money now > money in the future.

3) It could be a move to grab a few more $$ before the WoW expansion comes out and takes away some paying customers for a period of time.

4) They could be approaching the end of a fiscal period and want to inflate the financials a little. A lot of companies have specials to boost revenue near the end of their fiscal year to make the financials look better.

5) If it were a desperate money grab, you normally would extend this to the beginning of the month when fixed income and some other workers in different sectors get paid. The fact that they are doing this at the end of the month suggests otherwise.

6) Finally, and this might be a bit of a reach, but they could be trying to bring down krono prices to a more manageable level by reducing demand.

Those are just a few of the reasons off the top of my head for all the chicken littles out there.

If someone can barely afford the monthly fee they are unlikely to afford the yearly fee. Once this offer is over they are stuck with a lot of people paying nothing for the next 12 months.

Damn. Cheaper than buying Krono.

Now to drop 800$ on my accounts for the next year or not.

Damn. Cheaper than buying Krono.

Now to drop 800$ on my accounts for the next year or not.

I got excited about the sale for a split second when I saw it then realized for me its actually doesn't make sense, since I don't play 12 months out of the year.

Depends on how much you really play and do you need all your accounts on All-Access?

I only have my warrior and puller on all-access as well as 4 traders accounts in bazaar and use about 6-7 Krono a year per account. For me its free membership since I trade plat for Krono. So even at $72 per, I come out ahead by $72 year, since Free membership via Krono doesn't cost me anything.

Unless you are raiding 12 months a year, its still better to pay via Krono so you aren't locked into them for a year and disappointed later.

Last edited:
Posted this on the other forums, but to answer ticker000,

This is what I think is happening:

I think its because Daybreak cooked the books for too long because of the Krono market. Subs via Krono are not being seeing on their accounting now, since people have horded Krono for so long. Yes, they get more money for a Krono sale, but in actuality they loose money over the year since you aren't locked into a full 12 months and can pay monthly via Krono whenever you feel like playing EQ. How much of the player population actually play all 12 months out of the year is the number I'd like to see.

Kronos dont count as revenue until they're consumed.

Every krono not used is counted as a liability for accounting purposes.

I think it's a great deal, second only to back when you could pay with Station Cash and they had quadruple SC deals when you bought Walmart bonus Station cards. That came out to something crazy like under $3/month for subs. Back then I extended the subs for my box toons to over 4 years. Ironically, I thought by the time those ran out I'd be gone from EQ, or even that the game would have been discontinued.

And here I still am. I use kronos these days, I do have my accounts active and All Access all year so this deal is for me, as long as I use a credit card whose statement the wife does not see! ;)

I'd like to say I appreciate the info, as I don't follow dbg forums, and I do pay for the all access on several accounts in order to test/update MQ2.

Thanks beotch! ;)

htw

I play on TLP, so I have to have full access on all accounts.

Even if I didnt use an account for a month or two out of the year, this is still cheaper =p

I just read that you can buy two of these for the same account and extend for 2 years at this discount price. I'm thinking of doing this for at least my main.

Can anyone confirm this works? Hate to pay twice for one year and have to deal with DBG CS (/shudder) which I have not had to even once since they took over from Sony.

I suspect a rat, too, that Daybroke is desperate for cash. Still not sure if i want to take the offer.

Yes, I bought 2 years on my main account and now have over 1000 days banked :)