1/13/10 patch notes

Public

Reaction score
*** Items ***

- The tradeskill made ceramic and Black Acrylia ornaments can now be traded on normal and Firiona Vie servers.
- Removed the errant tradeskill flag from Living Underfoot Diamond.
- Corrected the AC on the Eyepiece of the Fancy Tinker.
- The higher levels of the monk evolving weapon have been reduced in ratio to match the intended tier for the weapon.
- Corrected many weapons that were not usable by dual-wield classes but could be equipped in the secondary hand.
- Added standard worn and click effects to Stalwart Bows.
- Increased instrument modifiers on Underfoot instruments and added them where they were missing.
- Made several two-hand augments primary-only to reduce confusion.
- Increased the duration of the Orb of Suspension's effect to a base of one hour and made it self-only.

*** Tradeskills ***

- Significantly increased the damage Tallon and Vallon Tactic poisons deliver.
- Bounty Coffee now uses the more common generic coffee beans.
- Removed the lore tag from the Soloist Seals.
- Changed the Cosgrove Soloist Seals to recommended 85 required 81.

*** Quests & Events ***

- Fippy the Immortal's Army should now be more manageable.
- Corrected an issue that could cause corpses to be lost when the Brell's Rest raid instance closes.
- Greph will now be available to show the way out of the Foundation raid area.
- Corrected an issue that would prevent you from receiving a White Dragon Scale if you looted it from the chest in the Vox classic mission.
- Players entering the instance of the Search for Saunk mission in the Foundation will no longer be immediately swarmed by shade NPCs.
- Fixed grammar errors in the Search for Saunk mission.
- All undead should now see invisibility in the Cooling Chamber Mission zone.
- Moved Darott and Greph in the foundation to a safer location away from their more curmudgeonly brethren.
- Adjusted rank 1 spell rewards to ensure that all spells are available via current mission rewards.
- Adjusted rank 1 spell rewards so that no class will have more than one spell on any given mission.
- Fixed an issue that would cause familiars to agro NPCs in the Search for Illsarus mission.

*** Spells ***

- Increased the number of charges granted by the Mana Reiterate aura to 6.
- The pets summoned by blast of hypergrowth have had their damage increased.
- The latest rank of Bestial Alignment will now properly change to the appropriate warder race.

*** AA ***

- Self-Stasis, Friendly Stasis, and Inconspicuous Totem will now count down normally within the Guild Hall and other timerless zones.
- Shadowknight - Quickened Encroaching Darkness will now only affect Encroaching Darkness.
- Enchanter - Mana Overburn should now correctly focus your Mana Resurgence line of spells.
- The useful range on Burst of Life has been extended to 200 to match other similar abilities.
- Fixed an issue with the new version of bestial alignment so that it changes the beastlord into a warder of the correct race.

*** Achievements ***

- Fixed an issue with the Burn the Heretics achievement for the Silent Schism mission in Shining City.

*** Miscellaneous ***

- Global tradeskill and Defiant loot will no longer drop from mobs flagged with raid timers.
- Many underfoot zones that did not allow campsite or banner teleportation have been changed to allow teleportation.
- Added an Underfoot auto-join channel.
- Fixed an issue with the extended target window that allowed players to target entities that they should not normally be able to target.
- Fixed a problem that occurred when a player disbanded from a group while another player in the group was being feared or charmed. The group UI would become non-functional.

*** UI ***

- Fixed a problem that caused achievements with sub-components to not display properly in the single achievement pop-up window.

- Changed Files -

EQUI_AchievementWnd.xml
EQUI_AchievementsWnd.xml
SIDL.xml

*** Previously Updated ***

- Reset a master soldier's loot table in Underquarry to the correct tier.
- Removed rare spawns from instances of Arthicrex.
- Made some peripheral changes to The Brothers Zek raid to fix some unintended loopholes.
- Fixed a issue that would cause shades to attack Saunk the Shaman.
- Made some changes to scoring in Brell's Arena.
- Fixed a issue that could cause the Unburrowing event to reset when it should not.
- Fixed a couple of unintended side effects with the Beast event in the Cooling Chamber. Also made the event a little easier by reducing the effective damage done by the boss.

- The EverQuest Team

Last edited by a moderator:
*** Items ***

- Fippy the Immortal's Army should now be more manageable.

- Fixed a couple of unintended side effects with the Beast event in the Cooling Chamber. Also made the event a little easier by reducing the effective damage done by the boss.

Wow, expansion isn't even a month old and people whining and crying about events being too hard makes them make the event more managable. Maybe they should just make it where the mob bends over and takes it in the ass bc big bad raid mob isn't falling fast enough in their opinion. The Fippy raid is a joke, and Beast event isn't bad at all if your raid can pay attention to emotes and be on their A game. This makes me sad..... very sad.

Wow, expansion isn't even a month old and people whining and crying about events being too hard makes them make the event more managable. Maybe they should just make it where the mob bends over and takes it in the ass bc big bad raid mob isn't falling fast enough in their opinion. The Fippy raid is a joke, and Beast event isn't bad at all if your raid can pay attention to emotes and be on their A game. This makes me sad..... very sad.

If the event was easy with your A game more guilds would have it on farm status.

Fippy the Immortal's Army should now be more manageable.

And we had just figured out how to do this!!! :( now to learn a new way!

Seems like its kite time for the Immortals. Ya we just learned to beat fippy also

glad to see about the "fix" on the unburrowing, that is rather lame when your about to beat it and it resets!

God damn it. I hope they don't keep nerfing Fippy. Finally we get to an event where we can start figuring out and calling out our shitty healers and then they go and start nerfing it.

bunk not to hate on you but why was not your guild farming them if they were so easy? and the reason why unburrowing was being fix was because some guilds were not killing the names but just going in handing in the bomb and getting a chest so means 40+ coins in a night. Also some of these events ( like the Beast was doing AOE ramp for about 40k + on some tanks with full tower gear) are crazy without some good tanks and solid DPS. but the way they will make them now will be to easy me think.

Last edited:

Well if you listen to Dev chat or paid attention you would know that the shades WERE MENT TO be aggro-able. Now they are. Go figure Sony F*cks up something before anyone can use it, not a news flash.

But I agree Fippy is VERY Beat-able. But its not able to be done buy new forming guilds. As with UF it is a hard core raiders expansion.

Last edited:
From what I understand the change to Fippy's army is only to make the last phase more managable. So guilds still have to be able to survive that long before even noticing any changes.

Confirmed by by Reloader as I was writing my post. Shades that healed him were previously unagroable now they wont run straight to Fippy if you can piss them off.

Last edited:
/sigh nothing about increasing the named spawn rate just a "tad"
would be nice to play for three hours and atleast get ONE named to pop

Nothing about fixing CR either...

bunk not to hate on you but why was not your guild farming them if they were so easy? and the reason why unburrowing was being fix was because some guilds were not killing the names but just going in handing in the bomb and getting a chest so means 40+ coins in a night. Also some of these events ( like the Beast was doing AOE ramp for about 40k + on some tanks with full tower gear) are crazy without some good tanks and solid DPS. but the way they will make them now will be to easy me think.

We are farming all three of those events (Fippy, Pellucid, and Beast). I agree with the fix to Pellucid. We have only had it reset on us once. We have yet to wipe to Fippy or have to reset it to go again/farm more proc items, and we have beaten the Beast every time the timer comes up. I didn't say Beast was easy. I just said it's not that bad if you can pay attention to emotes and bring your A game.

Well if you listen to Dev chat or paid attention you would know that the shades WERE MENT TO be aggro-able. Now they are. Go figure Sony F*cks up something before anyone can use it, not a news flash.

But I agree Fippy is VERY Beat-able. But its not able to be done buy new forming guilds. As with UF it is a hard core raiders expansion.

I didn't mention shades bc stuff like that should be fixed. I don't mind fixing events due to bugs or them working as intended. I just don't agree with scaling down a Raid event within a month of the expansion release bc people are whining about the events being too hard. And no, new forming guilds can't do these events. They shouldn't be able to do these events for the most part. It takes time and work. Raids are not suppose to be easy and for just anyone to do. What they should do if they want to make it easier on folks that don't raid, is scale down the hps of some of the group mobs to make grouping in the new zones a little easier. The named in group zones drop some really nice stuff, even compared to Tower gear from SoD.

Frippy was changed a night or two before this...the adds despawned when Frippy died; instead of forcing the raid to battling 30 mobs at the end /shrug. I hope they didn't screw with it more than that.

Pellucid HAD to be changed. The event reset if a charm broke while the main boss was alive...iirc. In addition to that, unscrupulous guilds could farm coins till the cows come up. Kill named, Kill all but one of youngs, drop task from those you want to have coin looted...rinse repeart (full guild flag for next tier in two nights).

Beast...so glad they fixed the hide tanking bullshit. In essence you could do the same thing with the beast...kill named down. Drop most of the raid..add alts and the 3 people you want to get coins....just wish I knew if any prior changes were done. Didn't really notice any DPS changes in the beast like everyone was proclaiming on the soe forums.

From what I understand the change to Fippy's army is only to make the last phase more managable. So guilds still have to be able to survive that long before even noticing any changes.

Confirmed by by Reloader as I was writing my post. Shades that healed him were previously unagroable now they wont run straight to Fippy if you can piss them off.

That is gay as hell....gimpified the event!

I didn't mention shades bc stuff like that should be fixed. I don't mind fixing events due to bugs or them working as intended. I just don't agree with scaling down a Raid event within a month of the expansion release bc people are whining about the events being too hard. And no, new forming guilds can't do these events. They shouldn't be able to do these events for the most part. It takes time and work. Raids are not suppose to be easy and for just anyone to do. What they should do if they want to make it easier on folks that don't raid, is scale down the hps of some of the group mobs to make grouping in the new zones a little easier. The named in group zones drop some really nice stuff, even compared to Tower gear from SoD.

Can you explain to me why you care if newly formed guilds can get good gear? Its a game, if this changes the event from "frustrating" to "fun" it is an obvious good step. It just makes me think of an old man sitting on his porch across from a school pissed because he had to walk uphill both ways in the snow when he went to school.

Other people getting shit easily has never bothered me, slap my ass and call me Sally.

You almost have to have a SoD raid geared tank to take on group UF stuff....does that make you sleep a little easier at night.

Last edited:
Can you explain to me why you care if newly formed guilds can get good gear? Its a game, if this changes the event from "frustrating" to "fun" it is an obvious good step. It just makes me think of an old man sitting on his porch across from a school pissed because he had to walk uphill both ways in the snow when he went to school.

Other people getting shit easily has never bothered me, slap my ass and call me Sally.

You almost have to have a SoD raid geared tank to take on group UF stuff....does that make you sleep a little easier at night.

Actually, my shitty SoD group geared monk with terrible augs can tank UF mobs (except undead in Cooling Chambers. Those things are just wicked high dps for mobs). My bot monk can even tank the named. Just bc you engage a mob, doesn't mean you should be able to kill it without effort. I'm just saying making it too easy makes it trivial. Trivial is boring.

Actually, my shitty SoD group geared monk with terrible augs can tank UF mobs (except undead in Cooling Chambers. Those things are just wicked high dps for mobs). My bot monk can even tank the named. Just bc you engage a mob, doesn't mean you should be able to kill it without effort. I'm just saying making it too easy makes it trivial. Trivial is boring.

If your group geared monk can tank UF then my dick can suck itself.

Yes most of these raid = tanks dieing withing a few mins and not because of miss emotes or heals its just because the mobs just hit that damn, hard even with a def running a tank goes down fast we and am sure most guild out there have a few wipes before wining the event because ever few days they will keep changing it untill the events are good.
Raid mobs are hitting for 10k to 45k this is on tank with def running same for melee and casters, and this is just flippy the beast and unbrowing events, yes they might change them so they dont hit hard, but look at this the other events hit for 65k+ so good luck with the other raids :}