Search results

1. B

What's a good 5box combo?

I have been planning on coming back to EQ and considering either 5 or 6 boxing again and found this thread as I was doing my research on composition of the box team Would SK/Druid/Bard/Beastlord/Zerker five box make sense/be viable in the current environment and if I added a sixth box would a...
  2. B

Tank for Box Team

I had thought about going Necro originally...perhaps the second pet would have made pet tanking more appealing.
  3. B

Tank for Box Team

Perfect. Thanks for the advice!
  4. B

Tank for Box Team

Pete, would you suggest a Cleric healer for that group as well or Druid
  5. B

Tank for Box Team

Thanks Pete. I figured that would be the case, but thought I would double check before making the time investment!
  6. B

Tank for Box Team

I am restarting up a largely caster based team I had started a year ago (characters are all in the mid 60s), but I am contemplating moving to a PC controlled tank rather than Pet Tanking. Group currently consists of Mage/Wizard/Enchanter/Bard with a Cleric Merc and Wiz Merc. I have leveled a...
  7. B

April 17 Highlights

My guess is that multiple pet teams that are group geared will probably be okay even with the nerf. Question will be whether those teams can still go after the same targets with one healer. I think group geared molo'ers are going to be the ones most hurt by the nerf. Will certainly be...
  8. B

6 Box Teams

I had an opportunity to try bot.mac out this weekend and was able to definitely see the relative adps ease the Bard brought to the table compared to the enchanter. Thanks again for the advice. I also fooled around with a Bard/Zerker/Beastlord/Ranger combo that was a lot of fun with a tank...
  9. B

6 Box Teams

Pete, I have been leveling up a similar group of Mage, Mage, Necro, Wizard, Druid but using an enchanter instead of a bard. While the bard brings more ADPS to the group, the enchanter has seemed to be fairly helpful due to this being a new (and completely undergeared and under-AA'd group)...
  10. B

Ideal 6 box for progression server

Hoppy, what caster group dps setup do you recommend with an enchanter (assuming mage tanking involved)?
  11. B

Ideal 6 box for progression server

How would an SK/CLR/BRD/WIZ/MAG/BER group work for someone who was just starting back up again? This seems like a fun combo with a mix of melee and casting power though not sure what the Berserker's group damage would look like with only the Bard as support. The WIZ/MAG combo would seem ideal...
  12. B

Suggestion for Caster Oriented Box Team

Thanks for all of the great advice. I was able to get a few options up to level 50 this weekend and then will play around with them to see what will work best. Currently I have Paladin/Necro/Mage/Bard/Druid where my one open slot has been rotating in between a Ranger and a Wizard. I tend to...
  13. B

Pete, Of the two Knight tanks, which one do you think would work better in a primarily caster group? Would the SK tend to be able to take better advantage of Reluctant Benevolence than the Paladin?
  14. B

With double xp weekend, I have decided to start a caster based team as a side project to my melee based team. While I feel pretty comfortable with my first four choices (Mage/Necro/Bard/Wizard), I was not sure how to fill out the remaining two slots. My preference would be not to double up on...
  15. B

MMOBugs MacroQuest Test Server - Latest Release

Innerspace Workaround Currently, I have been able to work around the issue by loading all six instances of innerspace through the launcher.exe and closing the launcher each time a character loads. When all characters are loaded, I start mq2. It's a little time consuming on the startup, but at...
  16. B

MMOBugs MacroQuest Test Server - Latest Release

Has anyone been able to use Mq2 Test with Innerspace yet? For some reason they don't seem to get along whereas the non test version of mq2 works perfectly.
  17. B

Starting from Scratch -- Group Critique

Merle, Did you use the Shaman as your group's main healer to start from level 1? I had some concerns that until the Shaman had enough healing AA's that it might not be able to main heal the group, but it sounds like you had a different experience. I also was not sure how effective botting the...
  18. B

Really appreciate the great advice provided in this thread. Based on this feedback, I am considering a Wizard instead of the Necro/Ranger to gain evac/ports, but was wondering if people thought this convenience outweighed the ability of the Ranger to headshot to boost the AA of the low level...
  19. B

I have recently returned to EQ after a long absence. After doing some research on the official forums, class specific boards and this fine forum, I have thought about trying the following five box team, but wanted to get some feedback from the veterans on this board before pushing ahead...