What's a good 5box combo?

I use good solid crew

War , dru , enc , mag , rog , cleric merc
works for me decent dps and just seems to have a bit of everything

I guess everyone has their own pref this is mine
I like my tank to be manaless and just be a brut and then I like casters for dps enc with aa ability mage and pet etc.
its worked for me for years nothing I haven't been able to kill :)

I may as well contribute my team makeup..

Mage- Obvious Coth, good backup pet tank, good dps, damage shield and just fun to play.. ok ok its my favorite class whatever its useful,

SK- Tankage- backup pulling

Bard- all the reasons mentioned here good dps boost, CC does some damage

Wiz- DPS, DPS, DPS... strong burns good sustained and ports. Yup TL to bind saves me lots of run time

Cleric- because everyone needs heals and mercs are meh

Shmy- backup heals, slows some dps cool pet.. I also am pling a chanter in hopes of swapping the two in and out

I had a really shitty setup but I used:

Monk, Druid, Enchanter, Cleric, Bard

It was pretty interesting though because I had a lot of unique skillsets ranging from buffs, slows, heals, rezzes, ports, PL'ing capabilities, pulling, semi-tanking (mnk) and charming. All in all, it was a hot mess but it was FUN :)

I have every class in t2 eok and max aa, the best combination I can pull off is: Sk, druid, bard, zerk, zerk, zerk. I try everything I can to beat this combo, and rotate toons all the time, but for group gear and content, there is nothing I cant beat easy and fast with that team.

curious why druid over shm

epic is nice, aid is nice,lion, etc etc

I personally use:

Sk/Bard/Clr/Zerk/Zerk (I toss in Chanter as #6 in my case, but not needed. Auras are great) - nothing in grp content stands a chance.

Druid heals and has ports, and can smack down 100k dps in dots, the sham buffs dont do a lot for the zerk dps, not enough to lose ports, or drop a zerk for one in my opinion. I do have a shaman for buffs though, but they last a long time, and just campfire in to rebuff when needed.

If I ever dot its on named, on trash even yellow eok mobs its pointless when you have zerkers and during named the adps of a shm for me anyways beats out a port

but anyways its good to see other folks making some use of a class

Dots in group content are a bad idea unless its taking you over 45 secs to kill a mob. I'm not sure on RoS, but everything in EoK you should be able to kill in 25 secs or less. Tier 1 mobs takes me 14-18 secs to kill, tier 2 about 23-30 secs.

My shaman does 10k dps, last time I parsed it (around January). That's just sad.

Druids are great in groups but I agree for my druid I only use DOTS for solo root-rot. And even that's a bit less effective now that they've eliminated stacking multiple level dots of the same spell line.

Dots in group content are a bad idea unless its taking you over 45 secs to kill a mob. I'm not sure on RoS, but everything in EoK you should be able to kill in 25 secs or less. Tier 1 mobs takes me 14-18 secs to kill, tier 2 about 23-30 secs.

My shaman does 10k dps, last time I parsed it (around January). That's just sad.

Shaman has 2 fast dots though that are 2 ticks each (more with AA's). That means 12 seconds (figure maybe 15 with cast tims and what not). So, at least you can get something out of it.

They are pretty decent DOT's too.

Sure any melee will shred the dps from those two dots, but at least they aren't totally wasted.

Well, probably still wasted, but still :)

I have been planning on coming back to EQ and considering either 5 or 6 boxing again and found this thread as I was doing my research on composition of the box team

Would SK/Druid/Bard/Beastlord/Zerker five box make sense/be viable in the current environment and if I added a sixth box would a Wizard be viable in that team? I generally try to avoid doubling up classes otherwise I would conclude from this thread that another Zerker is probably the best answer.

Thanks!