Fippy Darkpaw Raid

dellbox

Reaction score
Does anyone have information regarding the Fippy Darkpaw Raid? Anything would help.

We beat it last night, one of only two guilds to do it. Think Beltron..

What were the two guilds? Because I think there might be more according to the posts on EQForums.

Are the bane clicks used to kill the adds faster? Is there a reason Fippy AE's Feign death so much when he respawns at 80% health? This part seems to be horrible and kills the raid fast. Is there something that triggers it? What are the next phases like? Anything would help...thanks guys

May I ask how they twisted lore to make Fippy Darkpaw a raid mob?

The real question is do u want to know how lame the lore of the whole expansion is :)

Where can I find all of the expansions lore?

I still really want to know how Fippy turned into a raid mob....

I was kind of proud of SoD, it had some decent lore imo.

Fippy got together with Barry Bonds' trainer and he began to use "the clear" and "the cream" True story.

May I ask how they twisted lore to make Fippy Darkpaw a raid mob?

Basically, when Fippy dies in Qeynos he goes to Brell's Rest which is like where all of the gnolls and kobolds and dwarves etc go. So he's more powerful there for on reason or another. What happens in the fight is he continually "respawns" back in Qeynos thus despawning in the raid. So while he's hypothetically doing his thing in Qeynos, you get to deal with some undead adds. Then when the guards in Qeynos kill him (and he zone of course) he comes back for more.

Something the devs wanted to do with this was have a mechanic in the raid that turned you into Fippy in Qeynos and the only way to get back to the raid was, well, you know :p (as the devs put it)

Basically, when Fippy dies in Qeynos he goes to Brell's Rest which is like where all of the gnolls and kobolds and dwarves etc go. So he's more powerful there for on reason or another. What happens in the fight is he continually "respawns" back in Qeynos thus despawning in the raid. So while he's hypothetically doing his thing in Qeynos, you get to deal with some undead adds. Then when the guards in Qeynos kill him (and he zone of course) he comes back for more.

Something the devs wanted to do with this was have a mechanic in the raid that turned you into Fippy in Qeynos and the only way to get back to the raid was, well, you know :p (as the devs put it)

Ah ok neat, so does Brell = hades?

If you go to qeynos and kill all the guards wouldn't that fk up the lore?

Ah ok neat, so does Brell = hades?

If you go to qeynos and kill all the guards wouldn't that fk up the lore?

Pretty much, throughout your time in the zone all Flippy does is talk about how much hes going to own the Humans because hes been killed 5 million times balh blah

How do you handle all the adds when Fippy is 40% and below? Any help at all would be useful

any chance to avoid or perhaps interrupt his AE FD during his "undead" phase? That's the only thing that is killing us, everything else seems to be working.

Spell <Vision of Death> 1: Feign Death

any chance to avoid or perhaps interrupt his AE FD during his "undead" phase? That's the only thing that is killing us, everything else seems to be working.

Spell <Vision of Death> 1: Feign Death

Nope just stand up. shouldn't really bother you unless your raid is being boxed and/or are idiots.

you might try

looting one of the dead adds..may find something useful.

When I posted this, my guild had engaged Fippy, but we'd only attempted that raid about 5 times...and still haven't beat him. I wasn't trying to be cryptic..just the extent of what I knew at the time in hopes of being helpful. The shard on dead adds makes you invulnerable to dmg, and silences you for like 10 seconds. I play a warrior class, and he does hit like a truck, even against endgame Tower fully geared peeps, so 10 seconds is nice.

One thing we've been doing is dragging the adds into the beam of light in the 'rotunda' at the top of the bridge, that's where we engage Fippy as well, in that room.

Last edited: