YAWTP - Yet Another What To Play

PeteyPablo

Rogues Do It From Behind
Reaction score
Gates of Discord just opened up on Fippy and Vulak. Currently I play war/cle/enc/brd/mag/(shm or mag). My biggest problem is my mages running out of mana in exp groups or older raid mobs. So I am going to replace one mage with something. Rogue, Beastlord, Ranger, Berzerker, Monk are my options.

I'd like to know what y'alls opinion would be for which dps class do you think would be best for the next few expansions (GoD, OoW, DoN, DoDH).

JJ had me at Wizard. Making a rogue. I was leaning that way. Thanks ACG and JJ.

Berserker ftw

Kinda dead thread being a week ago and all but bored farming my geonid jewels for 8th shawl so like to weigh in if I may...

Melee wise I am zerk > all personally and I already got one up to 61 with damn near 100AA thanks to double xp weekend. Hell he sometimes steals agro off my tank already and thats using only the war marshal's blade.

However, I am also a huge fan of the mage so like to offer you some help for your casters mana regen. LDoN's. Assuming your group avg is 63+ since you mention old raid targets you'd be looking at 52pnts per win on normal setting and twice that if not mistaken on hard.

Two type 7 FT augs
760pnts FT1 outta EF
1450pnts FT2 outta Guk

Four type 3 FT augs (armor with type 3 slots found only on Ldon's and DoN merchants)
340pnts FT1 outta Tak
510pnts FT2 outta EF (limited to chest slot only see link later)
760pnts FT1 outta Lfay
1150pnts FT2 outta EF

Since you mentioned raid targets you might even have some Type 8 slots on your current gear so there are two more FT augs available.
760pnts FT1 outta EF
1450pnts FT2 outta Lfay

I should also mention that doing the hard task with a group avg of 63+ has named drops with loot that has FT on it as well.

Some of those drops with their 1450pnts may seem pretty steep but I can knock them out in 45-60m usually myself just 3 boxing using hotkeys instead of macs so should be able to knock them out yourself even quicker prolly. In dungeons like Lfay and Guk 80% of the mobs are usually undead too so depending on how your running the clr his undead nukes may get a chance to be dusted off as well.

There is also the bonus of random stat/resist augs dropping off of trash. This has actually helped me exceed my stat caps for most of my chars primary stats as well so added little bonus and they fit in all slots so can use for ever so long as you have open aug slots and are not capped in pretty much any stat.

Should also share the best Ldon search engine link I've found: ldon.cardplace.com this will let you search by class, dungeon, item/aug (even broken down by aug slot type) and slot.