Where to Level?

Yoda007

Lifetimer
Reaction score
So for a newly returning player to Everquest, what is the logical progression for zones to follow now days?

I have been following "Almar's Guide" but I know that guides on the internet are not always the best idea!!

List up from 1-95 where you would go to level?

Look at the new options in game in the map. Shows levels of zones ect.

I hate to say it, but using the hot zones makes sense if your priority is levelling.

So for a newly returning player to Everquest, what is the logical progression for zones to follow now days?

I have been following "Almar's Guide" but I know that guides on the internet are not always the best idea!!

List up from 1-95 where you would go to level?

Are you boxing? What classes / levels? Are you buying decent baz gear as you go?
Hot zones are the best really up until you get to Warrens. That place gets congested but by that time you should really be doing aug camping and stuff to gear up which should net some exp.

Playing a necro, not really boxing as such but have 70ish mage I load for DS and pet toys.

I would say stick with the hot zones then.

Yep definitely hot zones, unless the zone has a high ZEM, such as the hole, paludal caverns, splitpaw.

I've run into people in zones like windsong, cob, argath, where they try to pl toons in those zones, kinda makes no sense really when you could save ample of time by just killing light blue cons with lower hp in some of the hot zones.

Even with a high dps group, in the tier 4 voa zones it takes about 20 secs to kill a mob, you could be killing about 5-6 in a hot zone with a ranger, sk, rogue or zerker at your fingertips, in that much time, yielding far more exp.

Just my 2cp, unless you are after gear and exp, I'd stay away from the newer zones, and stick with hot zones.

Fastest

I also recommend the HOT zones... Just make sure you are killing yellow cons... When nothing yellow is left in the HOT zone you are killing in, move to the next HOT zone with yellow cons...

ttfn

I also recommend the HOT zones... Just make sure you are killing yellow cons... When nothing yellow is left in the HOT zone you are killing in, move to the next HOT zone with yellow cons...

ttfn

I used white cones to decide for me, but yellow works also.