When did you realise ...

Krugerr

Maxxor Haxxor
Reaction score
When did you realise you were hooked on EQ?

For me, i played casually from early 2005 ish, i had a beast on VS that buffed to 4khp! i was leet! But then browsing Ebay, i saw a Time geared warrior for 1000GBP. And honestly considered getting a loan to purchase him.

At that point, i realised SOE had stolen my soul. I played a warrior ever since - although, i made my own one :p

When i was camping shining metallic robes, and napping in between the half our spawn times because i hadn't slept in days.

When i was camping shining metallic robes, and napping in between the half our spawn times because i hadn't slept in days.

haha i remember doing that farming raster passing out for like 15mins waking up killing ph again. only to find myself KS'd when he finally did pop FML.

Now that i think back.. i was pretty hooked as a little kid. Countless nights of staying up til like 6-7am then passing out til 5pm juts to restart.

Then there was the times when me and my brother would get into fights because we had 1 computer and we would only get 2 hours before we had to switch. We both would camp out and re camp in so our /played would restart lol.

Then there were the times my dad would come out of his room when i wasn't allowed to be playing and i'd shut the monitor off and dive onto the ground and prey he wouldn't see me.

What a sad childhood haha. I loved it! i wish i loved EQ as much as i did back then, seriously since ND disappeared i haven't been hooked =/ I dont like new EQ that much.

About three months after I started playing - and back when 7pp was 'a lot' - driving along a rural highway (not much traffic), seeing a glint of sunlight off of a bottle on the side of the road, and immediately thinking 'Will-o-Wisp!'

1999 Was driving home from work, scanning the side of the road for orks.

I became hooked when I went and visited a friend overnight and seen him playing his ranger. That was back in the days when the tutorial was offline. Just playing the tutorial alone done me in lol.

Been playing since Christmas 2000, moved to where I live now in 2003 and when I drove into the John Day valley first thing I thought was, I just moved into West Karana.

been playing since 2000, realised i was hooked when my boss (at the time) and i had our first sick day from work so we could do a pick up raid in SSRA for VT flag drops lol

back in 1999 when I would stay up till 500am grab an hour nap in time to wake up for 6am formation followed by an hour of pt. back in the day. those were the good old days.

I became hooked when I went and visited a friend overnight and seen him playing his ranger. That was back in the days when the tutorial was offline. Just playing the tutorial alone done me in lol.

Similar story.

A friend got the game as soon as it hit shelves in Australia. I would stay up all night camping Puntar Sandfisher in north ro!

At the time I didn't have the internet at my place and my computer could hardly run the game since it required a 3d card. But I would play the offline tutorial at my place and it was enough to get me through the day. :)

I recall going about 3 or 4 days with no sleep just playing Everquest. By the end of it I was a zombie and eventually went to bed where I had a nice long sleep. I think I got my druid from lvl 40 to 45 or something, that's how slow the leveling was back then!

back in 1999 when I would stay up till 500am grab an hour nap in time to wake up for 6am formation followed by an hour of pt. back in the day. those were the good old days.

Oh that was so me, maybe sleep before pt formation, if not sleep from just after pt til 0900 for work, then straight to my room at 1130 til 1300 for that lunch time power nap... I really don't miss that, lol

Oh that was so me, maybe sleep before pt formation, if not sleep from just after pt til 0900 for work, then straight to my room at 1130 til 1300 for that lunch time power nap... I really don't miss that, lol

haha Yep, skipped breakfast chow and lunch for power naps or a fast 20 minutes of grinding/moving zones.

For me.

Got introduced in 2001 to EQ by a friend at work. Played an average of 4 to 5 hours per week for the first year ...

I knew i was hooked like a crack whore on rock many many years later... during the first Planes of Power Fabled anniversary. Where i found myself camping 24 hours straight for one fabled piece off named in BoThunder.

I was totally burnt out after that month.. and took a short break. But during it i was WAY too hyper over the game and being KS'ed by uber raiding peeps strolling in 2 minutes b4 the named was due to spawn and ganking my mob after i was camping it for 6 to 12 hours straight. And even more pissed that they were doing it for their baby alts.

It got to the point where I was having mana blaze wars with my wizzy and theirs to do the most dps first and be able to claim / lock the named on death.

Since then I've taken a big step back and chilled out... realized having a sh*t fit and maybe a stroke over a game is just insane. But you really can get that hooked and lost/into the game when you enjoy it so much.

I started in high school in 1999, a friend of mine was playing - I had never played any games really, I thought he was a nerd. I had been playing for about 3 months, my girlfriend called me in the middle of the night - I was completely asleep, answered the phone, told her I was on a corpse run and couldn't talk now, and hung up.

We had issues from then on.

I started in high school in 1999, a friend of mine was playing - I had never played any games really, I thought he was a nerd. I had been playing for about 3 months, my girlfriend called me in the middle of the night - I was completely asleep, answered the phone, told her I was on a corpse run and couldn't talk now, and hung up.

We had issues from then on.

lol I love this! :p

lol

When you start incorporating EQ game lingo into every day common speech without realizing it.... to friends who have no clue what your talking about... you're hooked.

The first year fabled were out, there was a line on our server of people waiting to camp the fabled J-boots. Everybody would help with the kill when it popped, but they were keeping track of a list for who's turn it was to loot. I had been there all night camping and helping to kill the named, and it was finally my turn to loot. I fell asleep and it popped. Luckily, the people there were cool, and let me jump back in front, since I hadn't been gone that long. That was when I knew I was hooked, when I realized that I was willing to push myself that far just to camp these fabled items.

hhmm first time i realized.......Id have to say, about a year after EQ launched. I cared more about EQ then pretty much anything else. I purposely didnt want a girlfriend because it would get in the way of EQ. Thank god for nieghborhood sluts.

When the wife came into the room wearing lingerie and i told her 'not now'

Wow...If I ever told my wife no after she came in the room wearing something like that, I'd be divorced real quick. Of course, my wife lets me multitask so I get laid while gaming. Doesn't happen often but it is quite interesting when it does happen.