What is the difference..

deathstryker

Reaction score
Does anyone know the difference when a Guide that can use /goto or /zone command to go to any zone in the game vs. using the MQ2Warp mac and piggyzone? Do they work using the same packets sent to the server on a guide account vs. a normal play account?

I was trying to figure this out the other evening. As I was recently graced with the honor of becoming an soe guide. And noticed that when I used the /zone command it allowed me to immediately warp to that zones safe spot. As well the /goto command uses a similar function as the /warp t command does.

If these use the same packets that are transmitted to the server couldn't the server some how be fooled into thinking that your sending the packets from a guide or GM flagged account instead ?

If these use the same packets that are transmitted to the server couldn't the server some how be fooled into thinking that your sending the packets from a guide or GM flagged account instead ?

The last time I checked they reviewed the guide logs regularly to see if they were exploited. That was years ago though.

The last time I checked they reviewed the guide logs regularly to see if they were exploited. That was years ago though.

I spammed it for a good 24hours and never was questioned. After warp was caught.

I used to guide Waaaaaaay back in the day before guides turned into mere social coordinators as they are now. We had to submit our session log when we camped out and fill out a report. Part of that log was announcing when we would in essence /kill /zone or /warp or run around client side. I never put 2&2 together until much later. It would seem that hindsight is everything.

I'm assuming they are looking for this and compare instances of the movements to logs. Dunno if the social coordinators of today still can /zone or warp, but I think so.