What did YOUR employer do for the "Employee Holiday Celebration"?

kalyndrah

Reaction score
Mine...

3 hour "party" where the music was a radio.... the food was leftover from previous night's banquet, and there were absolutely no gifts or prizes. (I was sick and glad i missed it)

Highlight? One of our favorite guests was invited, and stood up to thank everyone.

Previous employers - free turkey certificate & DJ'd party with catered food & $20 wal-mart gift certificates (200ish employees); Dinner at best restaurant in town & personal (not personalized) gifts for everyone (50-ish employees) plus employee party with open bar (limit 3 drinks though), live band, dancing, and raffle with good stuff like tvs and dvd players.

Guess which company had the highest retention rate?

How did your employer do this holiday season?

Party at my MD's farm house. He cooked O.O

Plus , he gave everyone a bonus of around £1000 (30 ish people)

My employer took us to lunch (we had a $20 limit on ordering), however it was the dullest and most unfestive lunch ever. The Friday before we were all informed of no merit raises for 2009 and our bonus was cut (Merry Christmas to us!);)

o o o We all got put on 12 hour shifts and working 7 days straight! Some people working 8. Wouldnt be so bad if we were paid by the hour. Thank you uncle sam

My Boss gifted me a 52in HDLCD for this holiday!

My boss signed me up for unemployment for the hollidays. Because work will be to slow to actually get a pay check...JJ must be his own boss lol.

My boss signed me up for unemployment for the hollidays. Because work will be to slow to actually get a pay check...JJ must be his own boss lol.

He is , and i think technically , all teh work ive put his way , i paid for that....

Had a 3 hour x-mas party at a restaurant called Ketchup. We had traded out some work with them. Had raffle as normal for vendor supplied gifts which were mostly gift cards this year, company through in 10 vacation days and a 5 day vacation time. Received our normal cash bonuses, 10 dollars per month worked in company with a cap of 600.

This sucks

o o o We all got put on 12 hour shifts and working 7 days straight! Some people working 8. Wouldnt be so bad if we were paid by the hour. Thank you uncle sam

Yeah we did that bullshit for a few months, but now we're back to 6 days a week. But anyways, no christmas bonuses this year or yearly raises.

we went to lucky strike bowling. www.bowlluckystrike.com fully fed and free beer for 2 hours, plus a 1300 bonus. oh and 50 gift card to http://www.roysrestaurant.com/ so all in all compared to most it was great.

this makes me jealous! We did this once at my old company, however at the time I was the admin for a VP in IT and had to organize it all. I put 13k on the company Amex at Dave and Busters, but everyone had a great time. ;)

Pretty neat, $50 giftcard to Reasors (grocery store) and to 5 lucky families they gave a $500 shopping spree to for the holiday.

$50 x 3500+ employees = fuck ton of $

We had a party at the program managers house (I am a software engineer for a US defense contractor). Drank some wine and beer, free dinner and great desserts (homemade food, not catered!) and did a white elephant gift exchange... somehow I ended up with a funky smelling candle though. Pretty fun for a party full of old people. Our bonus' come in March, so none of that good stuff.

I do consulting now (I know, shitty time to start doing that, lol), so my skinflint of a boss (the wife) ain't giving me crap this year. However, in the spirit of discussing previous employers...

My favorite was a company I worked at for 12 years. For 5 of those years, we had a party at the restaurant of a local hotel. Fixed menu dinner (i.e., choice of beef, chicken, or fish) for employee and spouse/significant other, DJ and dancing, company paid for rooms or taxi for everyone, and OPEN BAR until midnight. Oh yeah, and a christmas bonus (mine ranged from $6000 to $15000 each year, depending on how profitable we'd been that year).

God damn I miss that...

with my old company we would rent out a hotel ballroom have tons of free top shelf alcohol, catered meal, and tons of prizes. and when i mean tons i means tons literally. huge 65 inch tv x2, lots of 40' tvs dvd players stuff like that. we also got a bonus based on yearly profit. oh and they paid for a hotel for the night so we could get plastered and not have to drive home. my best bonus was 6200 back in 2002

100 dollar gift card for walmart for every employee, various door prizes, and the party was hosted at a nice hotel close to home with free food, desert, and karaoke. And lets just say drunk Japanese singing karaoke makes for a funny evening :D