using discs in macros

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drellisdee

Aka Dr. LSD
Reaction score
I know how to use aa spells and abilities in a macro whats the command for using a disc want it to check if its ready then fire if it is and mob is above 80% hps. Bestial fury is one im after btw.

Code:
/if (${Me.CombatAbilityReady[Bestial Fury]} && !${Me.Casting} && ${Me.Standing} && ${Target.Type.Equal[NPC]} && ${Target.PctHPs}>80) /doability "Bestial Fury"

You asked about disc, I dont think Discs have timers that are tracked on our side. You have to set a timer when you do them. /doability isnt same as /disc Bazu.

Taron
What Would You Like Your Tombstone To Say?
Level 1 Activity

/if (${Me.CombatAbilityReady[Bestial Fury]} && !${Me.Casting} && ${Me.Standing} && ${Target.Type.Equal[NPC]} && ${Target.PctHPs}>80) /doability "Bestial Fury"
doesnt seem to fire bestial fury disc any other ideas?

Like Jim said, try replacing it with the /disc command. If that doesn't work, try replacing the name of the disc with another combat command to see if it's even working. I'm not too familiar with melee's and I don't have one so I can't test the command :eek:

in game just type /disc name if that fires it then thats the correct line. tmk MQ2 does not track disc timers so you will have to make a timer and set its variable reuse time after you fire your disc, then check if the conditions you want are meet are true + the timer is up.

Thanks /disc bestial fury fires it can you write a timer line to go in macro im unsure how to do it better at plugins than macros.

Code:
/declare BestialTimer timer outer

/if (!${Me.Casting} && ${Me.Standing} && ${Target.Type.Equal[NPC]} && ${Target.PctHPs}>80 && !${BestialTimer}) {
  /disc "Bestial Fury"
  /varset BestialTimer 15m
}

And are you 100% sure it doesn't register discs with the CombatAbilityReady? Makes setting a timer really unnecessary if it does.

Does Bestial Fury give any text when it is executed? You can add in an even to that sub to set the Varset so it only gets set if you actually used the disc. You only should run into issues with the first /disc attempt but sometimes it maters.

My original code should work just fine, changing the /doability to a /disc instead.

Code:
/if (${Me.CombatAbilityReady[Bestial Fury]} && !${Me.Casting.ID} && ${Me.Standing} && ${Target.Type.Equal[NPC]} && ${Target.PctHPs}>80) /disc "Bestial Fury"

The Me.CombatAbilityReady does indeed read disc timers properly.

still having problems with it typing /disc bestial fury fires it but for some reason above line in macro doesnt

You can try and simplify it down and troubleshoot for me.

Code:
/if (${Me.CombatAbilityReady[Bestial Fury]}) /echo Fury Ready!

Copy/paste that in game. I don't have a BST, but make sure the spelling is exactly the way the hotkey is worded.

If that works, then one of the other checks I put in the code is the snag.

this triggers the echo

/if (${Me.CombatAbilityReady[Bestial Fury Discipline]}) /echo Fury Ready!

but this doesnt fire though

/if (${Me.CombatAbilityReady[Bestial Fury Discipline]} && !${Me.Casting.ID} && ${Me.Standing} && ${Target.Type.Equal[NPC]} && ${Target.PctHPs}>80) /disc "Bestial Fury Discipline"

got it to work

/if (${Me.CombatAbilityReady[Bestial Fury Discipline]} && !${Me.Casting.ID} && ${Me.Standing} && ${Target.Type.Equal[NPC]} && ${Target.PctHPs}>80) /doability "Bestial Fury Discipline"

Haha, it's usually something simple like that. Good catch ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.