Update Default_old for PoR

Booges

Macro Master
Reaction score
PoR has introduced the problem of "we no longer maintain the old default UI and leave it to you to update it yourself" so for those of you who use the old old UI on those few days w/o MQ2, the fix is simple as hell...

- copy EQUI_BigBankWnd.XML from "default" TO "yourcustomuifolder"
- Open this file after copied
- scroll down to the about the 20th line up from the end of the file:

Change this line:
Code:
      [B]<DrawTemplate>WDT_Filigree</DrawTemplate> [/B]

To this (I included all surrounding lines so you can find it) :
Code:
      </Size> 
      <Text>Bank</Text> 
      <Style_Transparent>false</Style_Transparent> 
      <!--<TooltipReference/>--> 
      [B]<DrawTemplate>WDT_Rounded</DrawTemplate>[/B] 
      <Style_Titlebar>true</Style_Titlebar> 
      <Style_Closebox>true</Style_Closebox> 
      <Style_Minimizebox>false</Style_Minimizebox> 
      <Style_Border>true</Style_Border> 
      <Style_Sizable>false</Style_Sizable> 
      <Pieces>BIGB_BankerName</Pieces> 
      <Pieces>BIGB_BankSlot0</Pieces> 
      <Pieces>BIGB_BankSlot1</Pieces> 
      <Pieces>BIGB_BankSlot2</Pieces> 
      <Pieces>BIGB_BankSlot3</Pieces> 
      <Pieces>BIGB_BankSlot4</Pieces> 
      <Pieces>BIGB_BankSlot5</Pieces> 
      <Pieces>BIGB_BankSlot6</Pieces> 
      <Pieces>BIGB_BankSlot7</Pieces> 
      <Pieces>BIGB_BankSlot8</Pieces> 
      <Pieces>BIGB_BankSlot9</Pieces> 
      <Pieces>BIGB_BankSlot10</Pieces> 
      <Pieces>BIGB_BankSlot11</Pieces> 
      <Pieces>BIGB_BankSlot12</Pieces> 
      <Pieces>BIGB_BankSlot13</Pieces> 
      <Pieces>BIGB_BankSlot14</Pieces> 
      <Pieces>BIGB_BankSlot15</Pieces> 
      <Pieces>BIGB_BankSlot16</Pieces> 
      <Pieces>BIGB_BankSlot17</Pieces> 
      <Pieces>BIGB_BankSlot18</Pieces> 
      <Pieces>BIGB_BankSlot19</Pieces> 
      <Pieces>BIGB_BankSlot20</Pieces> 
      <Pieces>BIGB_BankSlot21</Pieces> 
      <Pieces>BIGB_BankSlot22</Pieces> 
      <Pieces>BIGB_BankSlot23</Pieces> 
      <Pieces>BIGB_AutoButton</Pieces> 
      <Pieces>BIGB_SharedBankSlot0</Pieces> 
      <Pieces>BIGB_SharedBankSlot1</Pieces> 
      <Pieces>BIGB_SharedMoney0</Pieces> 
      <Pieces>BIGB_Money0</Pieces> 
      <Pieces>BIGB_Money1</Pieces> 
      <Pieces>BIGB_Money2</Pieces> 
      <Pieces>BIGB_Money3</Pieces> 
      <Pieces>BIGB_DoneButton</Pieces> 
      <Pieces>BIGB_ChangeButton</Pieces> 
      <Pieces>BIGB_SharedBankLabel</Pieces> 
      <Pieces>BIGB_AltStorageButton</Pieces> 
   </Screen>

Last edited by a moderator:
This change also has to be made to EQUI_BankWnd.xml or it will not work!

Its the exact same change as refered above and then it does work. I just confirmed this. (Thank you much booges cuz Id been lost as shit without it!)

EDIT: Sticking Thread for a few days. This is gonna be very useful to some people.

I didn't touch bankwnd.xml and it still works, BUT I know of a few people who can't get them to show up so perhaps a few people DO need to mod that file as well. I will try it w/ someone who can't get the slots to show up.

Well, didn't have to touch it, but for the record, doing this ingame and just reloading the UI will not work. If you do this in-game you MUST switch over to default (and maybe open the bank), then switch back to default_old or w/e UI you use for it to work. AGAIN, just reloading UI while in game will not show the fix.

Question tho, has anyone gotten a custom UI to work by doing just this also? Everyone I know who still can't get it working is using a custom

Last edited:
Having UI issues....
Working on solution..

Last edited:
OK heres my 2 cents. I deleted from Default_Old and my custom UI folder; equi_bigbankwnd.xml and equi_bankwnd.xml
Login to the game and goto a banker.
Next, copy from default UI folder both equi_bigbankwnd.xml and equi_bankwnd.xml, and paste them into Default_old folder first.

Now, go back to toon at bank, load default_old ui, check to see if it worked., then,

again, copy those same two files from default_old to your custom UI folder, load custom UI from game, and u r GTG :)

thank you, Booges & Pepper

Well everything works like a charm now for me except 1 window. The guild bank window. It shows our guild bank completely empty.

Some other people are having the problem to but i cant figure out what it is. Ive already tried to take the guildbank.xml from default and paste it into my custom but that didnt work.

Any ideas why this wont work?

Can u fix the guild managment window too?

gladimus said:
Can u fix the guild managment window too?

all you need to do to fix this is go to your NEW default ui folder find the EQUI_GuildmanagementWnd.xml file copy/paste it to your custom folder and tell it yes to replace.

I still dont have a clue why guild bank isnt working though. Perhaps its just a EQ problem and not mine. It seems they have took down guild hall atm.

this isn't working for me either way....it keeps loading the new default UI if i change anything.

pepper said:
all you need to do to fix this is go to your NEW default ui folder find the EQUI_GuildmanagementWnd.xml file copy/paste it to your custom folder and tell it yes to replace.

I still dont have a clue why guild bank isnt working though. Perhaps its just a EQ problem and not mine. It seems they have took down guild hall atm.

GM's came on and said its a problem yesterday, nothing has been lost...its just not showing up.

Here is the complete fix for default old ui

[ame="http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17666"]EQInterface Forums - Quick fix for Default_old[/ame]