Trial of the Eternal Cyclone question about sliding all over

Dealings

Reaction score
anyone have some suggestions how to beat this, I read the post on resource

asides from splitting the grp into a tank part and dps part how do u keep from sliding all over the place :(

any other info how to beat this event would be awesome :)

To avoid sliding just get on a mount.

He is perma rooted up top so we sent a ranger and shaman up top and kept everyone else down below to kill off adds.

the ranger was tanking a boss for an extended period of time?

I have done event, spawned it and the let it reset, ran up to the top cleric, mage and enc, down below had shammy and tank and wiz.

once you up top in spot takes a bit of doing you have backs to the wall away from the opening, you have pet tank it..

other group will spawn the event below and kill adds it took over 40min to kill lol ahh but was a challenge not sure if anyone else got any better suggestions.

how did u let it reset?
mob on top didnt rape pet?
what is the reason to move away from opening?
how did other grp "spawn" the event , thought it all started at once

with event u spawn it once and don't go up... after a period of time it will reset because u didn't engage name up top.
it will kick you to plane of Ash zone disc on the floor.

Go back the effect that bumps you back is no longer there so send pet tank group up the spiral disc, let them get in position.

Group down below have them up ready to engage when one of them triggers event.

The name up top perm root but wont hit the players from where he is, mage pet did extremely well sent in aa temp pet to get 1st agro so I could get slow done with enc.

if your bots setup right way ones up top will slowly kill name.

reason u move away from entry way up top some times you get hit by aoe and get pushed around but not often, so if you are close to open area would you want to be knocked off? I don't think so.

You cant pull trash up either they are leashed the ground.

Last edited:
ty thats alot of good info ill have to work on it when EQ and MQ are back up :)

Your welcome,

Kill crazy or...………….DIE SQUEALING!

Thank you lordlor.

My group is mostly melee so left all but ranger down below to deal with the adds. Boss has a shit ton of hp and only vulnerable part of the time meant the ranger did maybe 2-3% per add cycle. First run ran out of time and guy powered up to the point where he was doing a chain AE every 6s.

Went back in and put bard + ranger up top. Monk / SK down below to deal with adds. Long fight but got it dead.

Last edited:
at a certain percent the boss on top said he was tired of waiting summoned everyone and wiped, is that at a certain point (too much time) or of kill too many adds and they stop spawning?

If he does want to fight at a certain point (his HP, time elapsed, adds adds killed) anyone have any idea when that might be

Is he supposed to just have ranger take him down to 0% w ranged dps

at 40% growls with rage and boredom, started whooping everyones arse the adds did not stop coming, I killed the expe after that part, need to figure out what to do at 40% and if that is gonna keep happening from that point on

this mission wasnt bad at all i put sk and clr up top at the start, had beast zerk zerk shm downstairs on adds, once they broke the initial adds i took one zerk up top was easy that way

Pretty sure enrage is based on timer. First time I did it I just had a ranger and it wasn't enough dps. Second run I moved ranger + bard up top and it was enough to get the win.